Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is coronavirus impacting ypur life or business ?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    This could have been put in the General section, not the Lightwave community..and we already have one thread there about corona virus.
    Anyway..

Yes it does, I was about to go to a job interview this thursday, but the recruiter got sick had to cancel it for a while, postponed to monday..but I will contact here and make sure itīs not corona related...but even so I would like to postpone it maybe a couple of days more.

Not sure about greetings with my recruiter, of course polite to shake a hand, but nowadays..when not even ministers within their own deparment use that custom, not so sure...you donīt wont to be unpolite but at the same time, under these circumstances I think she needs to understand the situation and the worry and responsibility anyone is taking to tackle this.
    Hey Prom I wish you good luck with the interview.

About the recruiter, I'd advise you not to ask if it's virus related because it could seem indiscreet and personal health detail that is confidential.

About greeting, fist bump and bow of course

No seriously, I would walk up to her slowly and raise / wave my hand for a greeting in distance, lower it while approaching and wait for her to initiate a handshake or not. She might even explain their contact policy. Also you could (verbally) greet her and ask about their policy for hand shakes. Shows that you're aware of the situation and polite. Most of my clients have a zero contact policy (actually most don't allow physical meetings anymore or work from home). Could also be an ice breaker.

Today our government also closed all schools, gatherings above 100 people and closd borders except for workers and citizens. And the first young woman (32y) died from the virus infection.

Ah..there you are, have been wondering what kept you out of the forums for a while..hope all is fine with you.
    Dont get it about the "Isolated frontier" though...where is that?...
    We are doing OK. I live in Eureka, CA, 250 miles from the nearest big city in the Pacific Northwest, we're on the coast near the Oregon border. I guess maybe I should learn to like fish.

I've been doing still renders giclee printed on canvas for sale at shows, very little animation actually.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    > Denmark closes its borders.
    Yeah..our neigbours react more strongly on this, sweden decided not to close schools, and not close borders...yet, our state epidemiolog expert says ..closing borders is completly pointless.
    To note, this guy doesnīt seem competent (in my eyes) I could be wrong and of course, I donīt posses his skills perhaps in order to definitely judge on that, itīs just a feeling.

His saying it wonīt help..maybe buy a little time etc, but at the same time our primeminister is advicing everyone to not travel abroad, so that is all a bit of a contradiction..with the state epidemiology experts statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    We are doing OK. I live in Eureka, CA, 250 miles from the nearest big city in the Pacific Northwest, we're on the coast near the Oregon border. I guess maybe I should learn to like fish.

I've been doing still renders giclee printed on canvas for sale at shows, very little animation actually.
    Great to hear, stills...saves you time to go fishing I guess, Is it still astro images or something else, also curious if you had gotten any more Mars assignements?

do not travel abroad,
    but welcome aboard.
    yes, that does sound contradictive.
    was never a fan, but i'll leave it at that.

no closed borders here, but basically Norway is sleeping, so not sure who would take the trip.
    even i am bored, and i basically live in the biggest shopping street in Norway.   
    Last edited by erikals; 03-13-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

yes, that does sound contradictive.
    was never a fan, but i'll leave it at that.

no closed borders here, but basically Norway is sleeping, so not sure who would take the trip.
    even i am bored, and i basically live in the biggest shopping street in Norway.   
    I am currently out of job, quitted my job last summer, a positive side of that perhaps...is that I do not regulary meet much people, but as mentioned before, now I have a job interview coming up..and that worries me a bit, especially since she said she was sick, and had to postpone the meeting, will find out on sunday what the status is there..and she have to be convincing about assuring sheīs well for me to show up.

Perhaps I am too fobiac about it, after all, there are still those having to go to work etc, and also those who treat the sickness etc.
    I got a very bad infection march 2019, bacterial infection and pneunomia, was really bad..donīt think I have been so sick ever...was sick on and of for almost 3 months...and I think I may be in some of the risc groups, to much overweight (98kg/ 182,5cm height..and itīs not muscles, its all in the belly) 54 years old, immune system compromized in reference to allergy and may be in risc for diabetes.

she was sick, and had to postpone the meeting, will find out on Sunday what the status is there..
    crossing fingers for ya'  

here in Norway, the rule is, if one is sick, >in general< stay at home, for at least 5 days. (subject to change)
    this due to it being hard to know for sure and also test everyone that might have it.

i'm skipping a visit to my parents this Sunday, due to a simple (hopefully) cough.

by the way...
    - basically a rule in Norway now not to shake hands.
    - it is advised to try to keep 1 meter distance to other people.

this place is usually crowded...
    https://gfx.nrk.no/LSfBbyd2jQ05-12sl...9e705cCxPDxDLg
    Last edited by erikals; 03-13-2020 at 02:55 PM.

crossing fingers for ya'  

here in Norway, the rule is, if one is sick, >in general< stay at home, for at least 5 days. (subject to change)
    this due to it being hard to know for sure and also test everyone that might have it.

i'm skipping a visit to my parents this Sunday, due to a simple (hopefully) cough.

btw, basically a rule in Norway now not to shake hands.
    Yeah, Iīm gonna celebrate my nice and her 29th birthday tomorrow, just her, her boyfriend, my sis and her man, they seem to be well..but you never know, my nice also works with kids at school.

Also got informed that my brother was beginning to suspect they may have gotten something, cause his daughter at work had someone there that was put in quarantine, and she may have brought it home, by brother was complaining about headache, but then again..he does that often.

Yep, I will put that suggestion up, with all respect ..consider the situation, perhaps we should not shake hands during the interview.

Yep, I will put that suggestion up, with all respect ..consider the situation, perhaps we should not shake hands during the interview.
    my guess, by Monday WHO will issue, and the remaining countries have suggested -not to shake hands.

Last edited by erikals; 03-13-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Perhaps I am too fobic about it, after all, there are still those having to go to work etc, and also those who treat the sickness etc.
    I got a very bad infection march 2019, bacterial infection and pneumonia, was really bad..donīt think I have been so sick ever...was sick on and of for almost 3 months...and I think I may be in some of the risc groups, to much overweight (98kg/ 182,5cm height..and itīs not muscles, its all in the belly) 54 years old, immune system compromised in reference to allergy and may be in risk for diabetes.
    no, you are not, you are 100% right to take caution, especially if you've had pneumonia (!)

regarding Sweden, they are not closing schools like Norway Denmark and various others.

this is the reason >
    School children and schools do not drive the epidemic. School children are less contagious or spread to others, says Johan Carlson at the Public Health Authority.
    really ? ... wonder where Johan Carlson got that info... hm...
    they still bear the virus, so not sure what he is all about.
    seems rather strange honestly... https://www.livescience.com/can-kids...ronavirus.html

then again, what do i know, an average mid-age guy in Oslo...
    Last edited by erikals; 03-13-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Well, I just heard that 15 faculty members where I teach (working at a big university) have self-isolated. We're in our reading break, so next week things fire up again. But many students are expected to stay home and self-isolate as well, since they've been traveling abroad - students from all over the world.

So... definitely my work is being impacted. We might be doing online lecturing. Still unsure about my department. We'll see how it goes this upcoming week.
    Last edited by Rayek; 03-13-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

no, you are not, you are 100% right to take caution, especially if you've had pneumonia (!)

regarding Sweden, they are not closing schools like Norway Denmark and various others.

this is the reason >

really ? ... wonder where Johan Carlson got that info... hm...
    they still bear the virus, so not sure what he is all about.
    seems rather strange honestly... https://www.livescience.com/can-kids...ronavirus.html

then again, what do i know, an average mid-age guy in Oslo...
    Exactly not anything of that has any logic in it, he says Itīs not plausible that healthy kids would spread the infection...DUHHH, and thereby ruling out the possibility of already infected kids during inkubation time.
    And furhter more, we can not let them off from school running out on the streets for themself, sort of..like they would be somekind of zombier running arount to spread the infection...DUHH,
    They obviously do not believe in kids own sense or their own fear of the infection.
    Give them some videogames, tv time etc..and they will be fine.

My perception of those Authority guys giving these advices, old follys that seem to have no panic mushrooms growing in their thinking, him and Anders Tegnell the State epemidiolog, stating that closing boarders have no effect ..so welcom in, but do not travel to other countries and then come back with the virus, but you are still welcome in since we donīt close the boarders.

I can almost hint some kind of payed off officials like this, ordered to not start panic in the society and increase costs further.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winchester.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	147077
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

was looking for this one, Norways primeminister..they almost shaked hands whoo..how scared they were, video only playable on the site..
    https://www.aftonbladet.se/tv/a/3085...gyllene-regeln

Well fortunately I baled from SoCal just in time & got my tush back up to Oregon. Work had slowed down to the point it wasn't cost effective for me to stay; unfortunately I've got to go back in July. At that point, either the world will have radically changed, or pretty much gone back to what it was. My money is on the later.

My main base of work is at Warner Bros. Before I left, I was on the rigging crew for the new Joel Coen/Frances McDormand project "The Tragedy of MacBeth". They're at day 25 out of 34 & I just got a call sheet notice that they've suspended production indefinitely. All the other major studios are pretty much following suit.

Earlier in the day, WB, Universal, & Paramount had suspended their studio tours. And of course I'm assuming you've heard Mauschwitz has closed.

At Uni anyway for example, the tour buses hold ~ 36 bodies each at ~ $75 per head and run ~ every 15-20 mins, 10+ hour every week day. Not exactly chump change.

So, ya just know some suits are soiling their Brookes Brothers many times over about now.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast