Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Is coronavirus impacting ypur life or business ?

Also...to consider, I can honestly not say what is the wisest thing to do, though my first instinct is to...shut it all down.

Sweden donīt go so far as denmark ..and closing lower class and pre-school, they just passed a new law though..making sure that if the situation requires it, they can do so immediately..and they went through which working groups in society that should still have the possibility to child care, if they need to close it generally, but having those excluded.
    And this is due to the importance of their work in necessary work areas, social benefits, health care etc...so we need nurses that can do their job at the hospital and have their children cared for and all that.

If there is a personal responsibility to simply take care of that for yourself, it may work with those who have that kind of social grid network to back up, not everyone may have that though.
    So yes..people need to do some work for sure, police etc, and decision makers, though we have cut down the members active in the parlament for a while.

Itīs not war bombs we need to take shelter from for some days, or some weeks(thoughts to Syria and other countries still facing this, itīs even worse than Corona..but seems to have fallen in to normal human disaster oblivion..thousands are dying there too, children blown to pieces and millions on refugee) ..it will linger on longer than that..and as such I donīt think we can stay home doing nothing for the social structure and economy over 4-8months...if thatīs necessary to just fight the infection, and stop it right there..then we would probably have to face extreme unemployment, extreme powerty and starvation instead.

I'm subbed and just saw that you did that, good idea, and nice one!

There are so many colliding issues going on, and knock on effects caused by this virus that extend the problems far beyond just illness. I could list them, and keep listing them, but it's too frustrating.
    It's hard to even know what best to recommend to people, as there are some difficult circumstances out there and all unique. I just know that if we can stem the virus enough, or get past it, we've got a better chance of getting things going again.
    The people of the UK (not all obviously) ...a good section of them have just gone mad. No work, but government saying they'll pay everyone.. they've just gone Wooohooo! Payed holiday! Lets go out! Non of them took it seriously.

If I was to make a recommendation to reduce risk of going out shopping for food, there are some non perishable items on Amazon still (just about) that could seriously extend your food supply. But because everyone has gone mad, it is drying up fast and in some cases clear extortion. My missus saw 4 cans of heinz spaghetti for Ģ25, I kid you not. But she did get some big tubs of things that she could use with pasta that made a lot of meals. I'm not great with food and recommending things like that. But if things are more stable in Sweden, then you might have more luck than idiotic Britain. Rice, pasta, vitimin C and D are all good ideas. Tins. Cereals. Dried milk, powdered eggs, flour, yeast for bread if you are any good at that sort of thing?
    Lack of freezer is a bit of a pain, but dried goods can go a long way.

Anyways Prom, I really hope your prognosis is correct, honestly I do. But I say plan for the worst, hope for the best I suppose. I'm certainly not trying to freak people, but it isn't me saying this stuff, it's governments and doctors and everyone else... just all a bit too late. Makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Again, thanks for sharing that vid Erikals!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    I'm subbed and just saw that you did that, good idea, and nice one!

There are so many colliding issues going on, and knock on effects caused by this virus that extend the problems far beyond just illness. I could list them, and keep listing them, but it's too frustrating.
    It's hard to even know what best to recommend to people, as there are some difficult circumstances out there and all unique. I just know that if we can stem the virus enough, or get past it, we've got a better chance of getting things going again.
    The people of the UK (not all obviously) ...a good section of them have just gone mad. No work, but government saying they'll pay everyone.. they've just gone Wooohooo! Payed holiday! Lets go out! Non of them took it seriously.

If I was to make a recommendation to reduce risk of going out shopping for food, there are some non perishable items on Amazon still (just about) that could seriously extend your food supply. But because everyone has gone mad, it is drying up fast and in some cases clear extortion. My missus saw 4 cans of heinz spaghetti for Ģ25, I kid you not. But she did get some big tubs of things that she could use with pasta that made a lot of meals. I'm not great with food and recommending things like that. But if things are more stable in Sweden, then you might have more luck than idiotic Britain. Rice, pasta, vitimin C and D are all good ideas. Tins. Cereals. Dried milk, powdered eggs, flour, yeast for bread if you are any good at that sort of thing?

Anyways Prom, I really hope your prognosis is correct, honestly I do. But I say plan for the worst, hope for the best I suppose. I'm certainly not trying to freak people, but it isn't me saying this stuff, it's governments and doctors and everyone else... just all a bit too late. Makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Again, thanks for sharing that vid Erikals!
    I agree a lot with the conclusions, but hey...the mayanīs predicted 2012 for the judgement day.
    The end will come some day..inevitable, no matter what you believe or pray to, it will not save you from any of the doomsday prophecies..it may comfort you only.

Not sure what it is really that potentionally is a factor of different behavior or response when it concerns Swedish VS British way of responding to crises, or government advices.

I can not say for sure..but to me personally..and from what I experienced in my life living here and taking notes of other countries living... it feels like we have a tradition of being very cautious of Everything, and again
    itīs been rooted in some cultural tradition to trust our government, so to the point with heritage and such should ensure our economy as individual having certain rights..and not how the family divides the wealth from our ancestors, taxes we pay to ensure everyones health care, child care and parental leave, free school education, health care (which unfortunately changed during non social ruling)...the high taxes has been there to ensure we put our resources in a functional state machine..when the times requires it, the state should be a guarantee for us in need.

U.K is probably a lot more different than the U.S in this matter, how much different VS Sweden...or other nordic countries which are a lot similar to us as well.

I wonder, there must be Computational AI simulations yielding various results of the outcome..though that isnīt an guarantee that it will be correct.
    And where is the Computational models that provides a method of reducing the casualities?

AI should not be the cause of a virus causing the doomsday, it should be the Tool to use to fight a True doomsday virus.

Even though Norway has the highest amount of infected of the nordic countries, they only have 7 deaths so far...compared to 20 in sweden, letīs hope not much more..but that could change drasticly after a while.

I could say they..the Norwegians do not go out as much as the Swedes, which also seem to be reflected on the streets that they are closing down and behaving better on that area than sweden, but then again..how come they got more infected people?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    Thanks for the tips, will take notes..unfortunately I suck at cooking, baking etc..so making my own bread is probably not something I will do in this crises, Wasa knäckebröd is nice and sustainable for a good time..that will be fine with som butter and caviar and milk o coffe.

I would have to go out and shop those elements as well of course, right now I have to do a list for tomorrow, some mor meat cans, soaps that lasts for months and months, breakfast oats is something I usually have ..not making porridge cause I can not stand the consistence of it, I usually jus pour milk on a plate and eat them raw, perhaps with some jam.

otherwise 4 kg of rice, and thatīs not much, need some pasta dry tomatos to go with it as well, also fruit cans is sustainable for quite a while without freezing.
    Though I fear a lot will me empty tommorrow morning, I can see how much worse it may be in those countries where the infection has gone even more out of control.
    horrible to watch what is happening in Italy, looks like some kind of outbreak movie..when the military ships the bodies..hopefully there isnīt any hidden agenda of bombing the cities infected and
    that sort of thing..that should be part of fiction only.

Just as I was pointing out about bunkering and what effect that could have for others not able to get hold of food etc...
    Check this vid, initial start intro in Swedish...then english, but it is a british emergency nurse...in the U.K, after a 48 hour pass, finding out that there was no food on the shelfs, crying about all "those" people stripping the shelfs of all the base food....urging to stop bunkering.

https://tv4play.se/program/nyheterna/12533867

Just watched an old clip from januari 24th, when we didnīt have a record of the virus reaching sweden, an assisting state epedemiologist....comforting us saying that the healt care was prepared for it, and also comforting us that
    it wasnīt a very high risc that it should infect us in general, with sayings like..there is little that indicates that it will spread in sweden...and other things that now seems so false.

Things like that really wrecks the trust in authorities for sure, seems "Some" experts is experts in comforting the masses, being experts in not knowing for sure what they are suppose to know about..but experts in the appearance of being an expert.

Also recall a popular tv morning doctor, saying.. a little bit earlier..there was hardly any risc this could get to sweden..that doctor is always tanned like with a cancer color in the face, so that one I just canīt trust for any safety either.
    So I am not surprised our main state epidemiologist is getting hate campaigns directed towards him..not that I would encourage that, but I am not surprised.

And this is a bit weird, just to counter the loss for restaurant owners, stockholm city will allow for outdoor serving earlier, normally they can do that 1st of april, but it is now valid from this moment on....Hmmm, stockholm City encouraging people to socially engage more..as soon as possible, when we may not be at the height of this infection....seriously, hummm.

Well ..Im just gonna sit here spewing out speculations and such here on the forums, after...only way to be safe.

The only serious affect the coronavirus crisis is having on me right now is that I am having to hold off on starting a course of treatment I was prescribed three weeks ago. I have had a few health issues over the past eight or nine months that were finally identified courtesy of several rounds of blood tests and a colonoscopy. The good news was that my GP could finally confirm that I did not have one of three types of cancer that could have been the cause. The not too bad news was that I had an IBS variant and something a bit more obscure, and this had been the hardest to identify, I have folate deficiency. Treatment for the folate problem simply means I have to adjust my diet to include food that includes vitamin B9 or folic acid while the IBS treatment involves taking a course of mild laxatives for two to three weeks. Before I can contemplate that one, I need a good supply of toilet rolls which are currently in somewhat short supply Adjusting my diet is more straight forward, though a lot of the foods I would like to include in my revised diet disappeared from the supermarket shelves quite rapidly. Fortunately, brussels sprouts and brocolli are still not favourites for most people, so I'll get by
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Well, you're in luck: according to reputable sources, "Folic acid is found in relatively high amounts in beers ... This amount is hard to be covered even by a well-balanced diet regarding to the folic acid content of foods, hence every folate-rich foodstuff, including beer, is an important part of the diet.Mar 1, 2017".
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Well, you're in luck: according to reputable sources, "Folic acid is found in relatively high amounts in beers ... This amount is hard to be covered even by a well-balanced diet regarding to the folic acid content of foods, hence every folate-rich foodstuff, including beer, is an important part of the diet.Mar 1, 2017".
    Hehe, I already know about the beer option. The lady telling me about the condition suggested drinking a pint a day, or thereabouts, and was quite surprised when I said I only drink alcohol of any kind three or four times....a year. Her advice then was to stick with that approch and look for cheaper brands of food that add folic acid to 'enhance' them. Turns out, my normal breakfast cereal of ASDA own label Wheat Bisks contains just over a third of my daily folic acid requirement in two bisks. I was able to aquire enough of those to keep me going for about three weeks and I should be able to pick up an extra pack each week in future to keep me going.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    our swedish absolut vodka company is shifting gear from the production of vodka to handrub.
    vodka is an excellent antiseptic for your insides

Just some hours ago, our primeMinister Had his speach to the nation...and that is unlike in the U.S not something that happens every year...
    itīs been several years since that happened, and also after some crise situation.

Last time that happened was 2003 when our foreign ministier Anna Lindh was stabbed to death in a Mall.
    So what was said, not much really..he had already said what he once again said, everyone has a big responsibility, and it will be hard times ahead, but together as a strong nation we will manage this etc.

No further restrictions, schools on as usual for the youngest I think, and no further restrictions than the 500 people limit for meetings.
    But that we should be aware of that it could be changed drasticly and measurements could be taken in short notice etc.

Then we had the state epedemiologist saying that ...currently it looks better, they were expecting or fearing a drastic increase in infected and that would put a strain on the health care, but that didnīt happen during the weekend, so he was happy about that.

...currently it looks better, they were expecting or fearing a drastic increase in infected and that would put a strain on the health care,
    but that didn't happen during the weekend, so he was happy about that.
    interesting, if all goes as planned maybe Norway will copy this strategy and i could get back to work.

still feels a bit strange to me, as kids also hold the virus.

maybe they spread it less, for unknown reasons.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

I'm not one to go to hospital for just anything. I'm guessing that many who could just stay home in bed will go to the emergency room and tax an already strained system. The media is not helping with hours long parades of expert after expert, all speaking in the most dramatic language possible.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

interesting, if all goes as planned maybe Norway will copy this strategy and i could get back to work.

still feels a bit strange to me, as kids also hold the virus.

maybe they spread it less, for unknown reasons.
    I think we can safely assume there are many variables to why and which ones getīs infected, and whoīs in danger for serious treatment and riscing death...maybe hard to just point out one single factor as to what to be focused on since we do not seem to know yet.
    Thus, fight the battle on All battlegrounds you can.

The reason for keeping schools open, isnīt that kids are considered safe..just purely a matter of if they close them all down, nurses would need to stay home and canīt work to do the treatments.
    As long as they seem well, they will be allowed..of course if they feel sick, they should not go to school..but thatīs all, and it is up to us all, as parents to take responsibility etc and make sure you donīt send sick kids to school anyway, you need another way to solve it if it by any chance affect the nurse work group.

A huge exhibition park here in stockholm will now be setup as a temporary emergency hospital, just in case.

Norway so far has managed to keep the death count pretty low considering, sure..it could perhaps change drasticly with some persons from day to day.
    Iīm gonna do a last small bunkering of some stuff needed tomorrow..then I will simply stay in for hopefully at least 2 weeks without the need to go shopping for grocery, except for just taking a walk in the forrest..that should be decently safe.

Not sure I can call myself lucky... in the sense I do not have a work to go to and riscing getting the infection, only thing planned now is an interview that has been put on hold, I will try and see if we can do it online instead..which they said they considered.

If we can get the numbers to around max 20 000 and keep the deaths down to 500, then we would have succeded pretty well I guess, and that is in reference to the last tought flu season 2017.
    They say the virus isnīt fond of the warmer climate, weīll see if resides during summer, it will probably come back this autumn, and vaccine they say will not be ready until maybe mid 2021.
    Until then we must learn from this and see what we can do for people in the risc zone, if it starts to blossom up again.

I have adapted a phobia (so to speak) of washing my hands twice for at least 30x30 seconds each time I have been out, I recall one guy I met some years ago ...he had bacterial phobia normally so to speak, and he could ask if anyone else had been sitting on his leather chair, I said not that I knew of...but he still took up hand rub and used it all over the chair, he also didnīt take anyone in the hands for greatings, guess he may have protected himself well this time.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast