Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Is coronavirus impacting ypur life or business ?

I've been following this virus since about the 20th of Feb. One thing for certain is that information out there is very misleading, and government advice is poor as a whole.
    The best thing that you can do right now is lock yourself in. Anything that comes in the house, disinfect it fully, avoid touching your face during that time and then thoroughly wash your hands. Take no chances.
    If you have food to last you a month+ that will help. If you haven't, then be working out how you are going to get it right now, and make sure (emphasis!) that you try to reduce possibility of air transmission from people out there... doesn't matter if you feel stupid... this virus is very contagious. Take no chances. Peak infection is within the next couple of weeks and beyond.

But I can't say it enough, stay in, avoid all unnecessary risks with regard to contact with others, and disinfect anything that comes in to your household.

This is all going to get a lot lot worse before it gets better. Don't expect your government to help ...you might get lucky, but assume you're on your own (and anyone you live with) with how you deal with it. Make sure they follow the same guidelines.
    If you are short on food, and not sure how to get more (online doorstep delivery is pretty much written off at this point... though some amazon items are still arriving fine) then do a full stocktake of what you have in the house, and consider how best to use it. Ration it as much as you can to stretch it out. I feel weird saying all this on the LW forum, especially so extreme, but the reality outside the window continues.
    What people called scaremongering a couple of weeks ago has now become reality. Take it serious, but like Douglas Adams said... Don't Panic!
    Keep good y'all!

Found this article very encouraging.
    Yes, let's hope this is the thing.

“We have the first truly healed [patient],”
    Professor Matteo Bassetti, director of the hospital’s
    infectious disease clinic, told the outlet.
    “Two swabs he was given were both negative.”
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptive View Post
    I've been following this virus since about the 20th of Feb. One thing for certain is that information out there is very misleading, and government advice is poor as a whole.
    The best thing that you can do right now is lock yourself in. Anything that comes in the house, disinfect it fully, avoid touching your face during that time and then thoroughly wash your hands. Take no chances.
    If you have food to last you a month+ that will help. If you haven't, then be working out how you are going to get it right now, and make sure (emphasis!) that you try to reduce possibility of air transmission from people out there... doesn't matter if you feel stupid... this virus is very contagious. Take no chances. Peak infection is within the next couple of weeks and beyond.

But I can't say it enough, stay in, avoid all unnecessary risks with regard to contact with others, and disinfect anything that comes in to your household.

This is all going to get a lot lot worse before it gets better. Don't expect your government to help ...you might get lucky, but assume you're on your own (and anyone you live with) with how you deal with it. Make sure they follow the same guidelines.
    If you are short on food, and not sure how to get more (online doorstep delivery is pretty much written off at this point... though some amazon items are still arriving fine) then do a full stocktake of what you have in the house, and consider how best to use it. Ration it as much as you can to stretch it out. I feel weird saying all this on the LW forum, especially so extreme, but the reality outside the window continues.
    What people called scaremongering a couple of weeks ago has now become reality. Take it serious, but like Douglas Adams said... Don't Panic!
    Keep good y'all!
    I agree with everything you said. I figure my government is at least 2 weeks behind the virus and is not taking extreme enough measures soon enough to get ahead of it. I would say at least 50% of the population is very complacent and thinks the government will fix it in the end and this bad nightmare will be over in a couple weeks just like the movies. People need a reality check! I've already got out my P100 half mask reusable respirator that I have previously used to protect against asbestos to protect me when I go shopping. I might look totally ridiculous but at least it offers good protection from airborne virus. These are much better than a N95 that they keep talking about in the media. My wife works in the health care field at a large call center with many other people so that is my biggest concern right now for us possibly getting this virus. I'm hoping we both come through this without getting it but considering is over twice as contagious as the seasonal flu I'm not so sure.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

That call centre should be sending everyone home to work, so many frustrating actions being made... or not. Really makes me angry. Hope you both make it through unscathed. Good you've got the mask though!
    Peak isn't for another 20-30 days and things are already a mess. Each day seems to become more extreme. I'm not sure how many people have realised the economic problem that is just around the corner too. All of it will hit at the same time.
    The world is going to be a different place in a few months. This is a world changing event, more than anything in any of our lifetimes... possibly even more than any of the wars.

Insane times to live in.

This is a world changing event, more than anything in any of our lifetimes... possibly even more than any of the wars.
    wars are just utterly horrible and useless tho'  (general)

but sure, challenging / boring times.

thank goodness we have NetFlix and internet.

and the ability to camp in the woods.

Keep good y'all!
    Well..canīt agree on much you here, you say donīt panic, but how you approach it screams Panic (to me anyway)

The advice given, is probably wise if you are in a a risc group, but there is also life that needs to be continued to ensure we can continue our lifes without actually sending us back to middle ages.
    People still have to work to pay they rent and get food to the table.

And I would excpect the government to help, if we can not trust on that..we shouldnīt have earlier and thus simply move to a cave or cottage where you should have been self sustaining for the rest of your life.

But that said, trust the government...it also comes down to in which country you live in, and you need to check up on what makes sense for yourself, discuss with others etc..either we got a whole global world order of governments that consciously is lying and deceiving us, or they simple do not know how to handle it..despite all their experts they have...or maybe some of them do, but which one will have the right measurements and which one has the power to get their ideas through?

As mentioned before, guess we are different in culture and traditions on how we rely on our goverments, traditionally over here in sweden..the whole system is built on rely on the state, not your family or friends to take care of you, while I think it may be qute opposite in the U.S.A for instance.

Rich men in power screaming fake news, that would be really awesome if that was the case with the flu right now..but havenīt heard anything about that now.

But yeah, if you have the option..stay at home as much as possible...there may be a problem with people bunkering up for several months or worse, and as such they are emptying the stores...where others not so fortunate to be able to store will have severe issues with food and householding.

That call centre should be sending everyone home to work, so many frustrating actions being made... or not. Really makes me angry. Hope you both make it through unscathed. Good you've got the mask though!
    Peak isn't for another 20-30 days and things are already a mess. Each day seems to become more extreme. I'm not sure how many people have realised the economic problem that is just around the corner too. All of it will hit at the same time.
    The world is going to be a different place in a few months. This is a world changing event, more than anything in any of our lifetimes... possibly even more than any of the wars.

Insane times to live in.

No..I donīt think it is or will be that horrible...didnīt you (Kaptive) just scream ..no Panic?
    There will be certain countries that will have some of the most horrible statistics for a flue in modern times, but not all of the countries..do not believe our knowledge and will to act on it will fail on this, not Globally.

Considering the amount of people infected in China, and deaths..that I do not think is extreme in mortality considering the case, Italy however is out of proportions, china seem to have gotten some control of it..providing they are not covering up, providing there isnīt cases they can not get statistics from and report.

So far for the nordic countries..in current writing..

20 deaths in sweden, approximate of 1763 infected
    7 deaths in Norway, approximated 2118 infected
    13 deaths in Denmark, approximated 1420 infected
    Finland...not so much affected yet, 1 death 523 infected.
    Iceland, 1 death 473 infected.

Who sits with hindsight to what is affecting the countries, travels, social structure, social behavior...general public health, age and diseases within the most affected regions, governments getting through with the right measurements and citizens obeying the advices and rules?

Worst season the latest years was 2017-2018 with over 20 000 infected of the B type flu, and I think it was over 500 that died that year, 13 individuals that died within a week, which I think was worse then right now...though itīs not over yet with this.

Thatīs all statistics though, and the actual danger of the virus in terms of infection probability and how deadly it is, must be worse this time I think, at least the pneumonia goes deeper down the lounges, no vaccin yet etc.

I may be a bit fortunate in some sense, that I do not have to go to work as unemployed already, but I would need to go to interviews, no exception on that according to the Unemployment agency, which I think is kind of weird..what they have said though, you do not have to file your activity reports...and that makes no sense, itīs mostly done digitally anyway..so why stopping that?...probably because they do not have personal to deal with the reports, and not something that is to be considered a preventive action against the infection.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

wars are just utterly horrible and useless tho'  (general)

but sure, challenging / boring times.

thank goodness we have NetFlix and internet.

and the ability to camp in the woods.

Spanish flu took more lifes than the war I believe, I wonder though how many of them were otherwise young and healthy VS old and sick at those times, hygien and other facilities werenīt nearly as developed as today.
    The war was self inflicted and as such worse for our own self respect, and I also think it must have taken more lifes of children, young ones, and healthy ones than the spanish flu, so ..no I do not think it will come to be worse than the wars.

Hindsight will tell, but just my gut feeling about it.

Aids virus i made 15 years ago

Years ago I was on an AIDS vaccine trial and ended up infected. It was a wonderful moment for science to detail infection as it happened, not so great for me! But I am fine, medicated, undetectable now and non-infectious. But, as nothing concentrates one's mind like the gallows, I used LW to make a HIV virus. Proud to say that scene was included on the LW demo materials that year. Just like a horror movie guy making a disgusting zombie that is a work of art, it made me appreciate the virus for its horrible efficiency and beauty. At this level things work on static electricity basically.

I was sick of making hypervoxels for wars so I made my virus out of them. RENDER NIGHTMARE TIMES! Oh boy so much for tracing refraction. Anywho. At this level light is a non-issue, and I wanted to make an organic thing that is how the virus would appear to us if it was one meter across.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hiv_virus.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	227.3 KB 
ID:	147100

I later upgraded the model with more suckers and voxels as LW and my PC got more powerful. But I made it NOT ROUND. What is with the coronavirus sims that make it look like a perfect sphere and so geometric? Viruses are mass produced and die quickly. HIV dies in a few hours because it is wearing a costume that mimics the immune system. Viruses are not ROUND, they have broken receptors, are organic etc.

I don't like any of the recent 3d coronavirus objs as they obey none of my tenants. I also picked a color scheme that was organic. So many scientists are visually autistic and make virus models out of purple and green BARF.

I also make broken GP120 proteins as some of them (the suckers) just won't form right when you are making billions of them per hour.

The viral world is an amazing place. The AIDS virus uses WORM SCREWS to open it's suckers, release a harpoon into a doorway, and shove it's payload into a cell.

Don't worry about me. The US govt gives me free meds every month worth $4,000 A BOTTLE! If I had more money or if I was HIV negative I would not get free healthcare. As long as I am infected I am fine! Is that not stupid? You Euros would be freaked at how stupid our healthcare system is. There are even "bug chaser" gay guys who have wanted me to infect them so they could get free anabolic steroids.

Our Swedish Absolut Vodka company is shifting gear from the production of Vodka to handrub.
    Our construction company Beijer bygg, is donating all their protection equipment to the hospitals.
    Our Commune employed staffs at bathing houses and other similar facilities, is shifting work duties ..since bath houses is closed down they go to work for the elderly care instead.. or hospitals.

Stay strong as a Community...Together.

Prom, I've always liked you and respect you, but I think you are very wrong about this. I only say "Don't panic" because in order to do what is required, you need to keep a calm head. I went through any panic I had weeks ago when I understood what was happening. If you are late to the table, then perhaps you should panic... I'd just say that to do so will mean making stupid decisions when you need a clear head.
    Listen (and I really mean it.... LISTEN TO THIS) to this UK doctor on the front lines, and it has barely got started here. I'm not kidding, I'm not joking. I'm saying this because I care about people here. But at the end of the day, your choices are yours. Nothing I can do about that. Anyway, please listen.(p.s. I'm not saying anything about your rational views... they are perfectly reasonable from the outside, but I've followed this very closely every day for weeks now... It shouldn't be understated or downplayed)

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=9HzAK3LkeUU

It doesn't get much clearer than that.
    Last edited by Kaptive; 03-21-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Stay strong as a Community...Together.
    Absolutely...
    That'll be most vital in the aftermath. Hope you know I'm not arguing with you about this by the way. I'm just painfully aware of the silly mistakes people are making out there (certainly in the UK) when to fight it requires such little effort. People I know are going to die from this, no doubts... maybe more because some people aren't doing what needs to be done on an individual basis. It is frustrating, and I feel as angry as that doctor feels...

I've been looking out of the window for weeks now, as people continue to go to pubs, cafes, shops... schools!! like nothing is happening. The government have known how bad it is, yet they have chosen to maintain calm over presenting the reality.
    It is obscene negligence on a grand scale. Not much more I can say. I only say what I do here in the hope it makes anyone who hasn't understood how serious it is, just stop and consider it all a bit more and go look at the data and what those on the front lines are saying. So much could be avoided.
    Those simple guidelines I stated could save lives very easily. Following them could save others coming into contact with it. It is that simple. I just don't want anything bad happening to anyone here when it could be avoided... and that is all.
    Much love to you all.

Prom, I've always liked you and respect you, but I think you are very wrong about this. I only say "Don't panic" because in order to do what is required, you need to keep a calm head. I went through any panic I had weeks ago when I understood what was happening. If you are late to the table, then perhaps you should panic... I'd just say that to do so will mean making stupid decisions when you need a clear head.
    Listen (and I really mean it.... LISTEN TO THIS) to this UK doctor on the front lines, and it has barely got started here. I'm not kidding, I'm not joking. I'm saying this because I care about people here. But at the end of the day, your choices are yours. Nothing I can do about that. Anyway, please listen.(p.s. I'm not saying anything about your rational views... they are perfectly reasonable from the outside, but I've followed this very closely every day for weeks now... It shouldn't be understated or downplayed)

Yeah..thanks,
    Respect can still be there though we strongly disagree on this,
    as long as we respect just our different views..I hope it didnīt come out too disrespectful when I said I didnīt agree on your views, where it to me sounded like "Panic", not all views survives personal respect though..that is always a possibility.
    Iīm checking the vid right now, canīt say if it has valid points yet..have to check it all through.

An example..I just recently the other weekend visited my sis, and my niece had her birthday, I was asking them if they were feeling ok (though that alone isnīt 100% guarantee they would be free from the virus)
    But they said no illness or such, once there I didnīt know they invited my nieces whole family, and her boyfriend was in fact sick with either a cold, flu or corona..I was a bit pissed since If I had known, I wouldnīt have visited them..so there is always that, you think you could be safe, but other people doesnīt respect the advices given, he should have stayed home.

What I do currently is to get extra food, so I may manage a couple of more days, but not for weeks..perhaps I should, but that means also bunkering up where people may find themself not being able to get food as well.
    I would have no issues what so ever had I bunkered for 2-3 months worth of food, I would probably stay home..no problem with that currently, a question is if I should be more concerned ( paniced for my own safety) or the general safety by going out, or if I should follow advices of not bunkering up causing the stores not to have any more food?

Sadly I have a broken freezer, will have to look at other grocery goods, could probably order a litte freezer though.

We are both living in different environments, U.K is harder affected than Sweden, and I am guessing you guys are having less faith in the government than many of us swedes have, that said..not all of us that trust them, I have my fair amount of distrust in some aspects as well, my brother hates the government and how they handle the crises and other things, but in general I would guess we do have a more trusting mind towards the authorities and what they recommend.

listening to that nurse guy, seems he just says the obvious..to me, if anyone in england continue to go to pubs, mingling or donīt follow the advices..then I would just questioning what you guys are thinking about generally, (obviously not you)

Just common sense that you donīt go to pubs etc, or mingling...and if you can work from home, why not..just do it.
    The guy says he is very lucky, he can pay his morgage, not everyone can afford to stay home from job.

Wouldnīt it be awesome if the state could take care of everyones food supply and rents for living etc..for 3 months, no problems..unless there is that stupidity of going to the pubs and mingle.
    Obviously we are not there yet in our civilization..greed and war mongling with weapons renders all such possible power for mankind to deal with things like that..useless.

I agree on that in some areas, some people donīt seem to believe the seriousness, I donīt question that..I just donīt think the future will be as horrible as described.
    Everyones got a responsibility to do what they can, and staying home an not being out unnecessary is one way for sure...but as mentioned, what to do..bunkering up, despite the advices of not bunkering and thus putting others in a difficult spot not getting what they need, tough luck..or they are themself to blame for not preping, not everyone can afford prepping...and live from day to day for their households.

I've been looking out of the window for weeks now, as people continue to go to pubs, cafes, shops... schools!! like nothing is happening. The government have known how bad it is, yet they have chosen to maintain calm over presenting the reality.
    It is obscene negligence on a grand scale.
    Much love to you all.

Agreed to all those things..Except for necessary shops, as mentioned...not everyone can prep, or have buffers.
    I had to stress to my sis that maybe she shoudl prep a lot..and she did, so I was a guilty part of that panic bunkering...maybe itīs too late to take consideration of others possibilities to bunker and prep anyway and bunkering is avoidable?

I only got 5 rolls of toilet paper left, no bread..so I need to visit the shop...well not an absolute need, I could live on some cans, but I havenīt gotten there yet...I will be careful and enter the shop when there isnīt much people there, and stay away from the disc if there is a huge line of people etc, keep gloves on perhaps, in fast and out fast...so I can stay away from the shop a couple of more days.

Again...so far I do not think we have reached the same amount of infections or deathīs like 2017 (in Sweden that is) and at that time people were running around as usual, that said..it wouldnīt work to do that with this case, in such case we would be much worse than 2017 for sure.

hat said..it wouldn't work to do that with this case, in such case we would be much worse than 2017 for sure.
    yes, that's the thing, the hospitals don't have the resources.

too true, decided to re-upload.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

yes, that's the thing, the hospitals don't have the resources.

There was a lot focus on the health care breaking down in sweden..and lack o resources just before the outbreak of corona, when dealing with the so called normal stuff...it was sort of chaotic, then this came making it even worse..so yes, the situation is extraordinary.
    The health care that was so well spoken of some years ago, went down the drain under a certain political rule and influences, which I should not go in to...but thatīs the case when greed goes before the welfare.

And the other diseases doesnīt take a pause either..there will be strokes, cardiac arrest, cancer, injuries from violence, accidents and much more, though I could see a potentional drop in accidents caused by traffic, they
    have declared that theres a significant drop in traffic on the roads due to the Corona virus..or was it the China virus

Hopefully we can mustard volunteers or other kind of people resources to adjust and work with the hospitals in various ways...and hopefully these people and normal nurses and doctors should be awarded somehow in the future ..if economy is recovering..by giving them a lot of extra vacations, or a bonus the their pensions ..something is needed to motivate them, and recognize their role in this crises.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast