Thread: High DPI aware menus are too big

High DPI aware menus are too big

I was used to the tiny UI buttons and menus in the older versions of LW. I've just installed 2019, and now the UI looks like a large print book. Meaning that all my menus go off the bottom of the screen, and things like sliders take up way too much real estate. Is there a global UI size setting I can tweak somewhere?
    2×Xeon 6140×18 cores×@2.3GHz, 96Gb Ram 2×Quadro p5000
    nerdiness and free stuff at my blob

Quote Originally Posted by stib View Post
    I was used to the tiny UI buttons and menus in the older versions of LW. I've just installed 2019, and now the UI looks like a large print book. Meaning that all my menus go off the bottom of the screen, and things like sliders take up way too much real estate. Is there a global UI size setting I can tweak somewhere?
    Did you configure the UI scaling for LW 2019? This should fix the issue. Check the LW help, the scaling needs to be configured in LWs start command, for example
    --ui_screen_scale_factors=2;1

Thanks for that. I tried setting it to 1;1, but that did nothing, so then I tried 0.5;0.5 and that made it teeny tiny, and finally 0.75 was a good size. I'm loving the crisp lines on everything! For anyone else that's looking, you add the command to the shortcut that's in the lightwave folder, or your start menu. If you right click the shortcut and choose properties>Shortcut you type it in the box called Target, after the bit in quotes.
    Last edited by stib; 03-12-2020 at 03:12 AM.
    2×Xeon 6140×18 cores×@2.3GHz, 96Gb Ram 2×Quadro p5000
    nerdiness and free stuff at my blob