Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Nice story Steve-o, always interesting to read other people's experience in such situations!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a little follow up, not from a scientific source but NY Times. The page has also a (more or less) updated page of the worldwide status. https://www.nytimes.com/news-event/coronavirus

"It seems to spread very easily from person to person, especially in homes, hospitals and other confined spaces. The pathogen can travel through the air, enveloped in tiny respiratory droplets that are produced when a sick person breathes, talks, coughs or sneezes."

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Just based on scientist / virologist interviews and report, not a WHO source. As far as I understood not airborne but can be transmitted with tiny fluid particles within a certain distance and time from breath.

Also an intersting report mentioned that the virus might already have mutated but uncertain in what way / effect.

I'm very surprised it already got to Scandinavia is this amount and short time.

However, all the best health to all Wavers wherever they animate and render!
    For Swedes, a Quite popular place to travel too is Italy, and most of it seem to have been originating from there, only a few cases from Iran, so not really something to be surprised about.
    Denmark officially has a little more, and norway even more than denmark, so far no deaths ..yet though and let´s hope not.
    only this last day almost 100 more infected in sweden.
    4 in Swizz?

Maybe start to hamster some grosery stuff tomorrow, at least to have for 2 weeks or so...prepping, though the government says not to, and other experts and authorities says it´s wise to have some sort of backup, but that is also something we constantly should have in crises situation accorign to MSB our swedish authority for community protection.
    Not sure what to get though that lasts long.
    Canned goods, chocolate bars, juice extraction, oats perhaps, rice.

Take care Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yukon Jack has a pretty long shelf life = as long as you don't open it. (It tends to disappear right smartly after you do.)

--
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

For Swedes, a Quite popular place to travel too is Italy, and most of it seem to have been originating from there, only a few cases from Iran, so not really something to be surprised about.
    Denmark officially has a little more, and norway even more than denmark, so far no deaths ..yet though and let´s hope not.
    only this last day almost 100 more infected in sweden.
    4 in Swizz?

Maybe start to hamster some grosery stuff tomorrow, at least to have for 2 weeks or so...prepping, though the government says not to, and other experts and authorities says it´s wise to have some sort of backup, but that is also something we constantly should have in crises situation accorign to MSB our swedish authority for community protection.

Take care Michael.
    The governments probably don't want people to clean out stores completely but I think it's a good idea to stock up at least a bit just in case. I'm going to stock up on things like nuts and nut bars, frozen meat, fruit and vegtables. Yes rice is also a good idea. All those preppers that most people make fun of are now probably saying "told ya so".
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

The governments probably don't want people to clean out stores completely
    some stores started limiting the rations

for example, no more than 3 of each product.

my guess, others will follow.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Yukon Jack has a pretty long shelf life = as long as you don't open it. (It tends to disappear right smartly after you do.)

Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Take care Michael.
    Thank you Prom, don't worry I have always a good stock in case but for this situation did additional prepping, already about 3 weeks ago.

As I mentioned about 70k Italians travel in and out of our country for work every day from Italy (and simlar from France and Germany). We have many Chinese tourists and our slow Swiss government made it inevitable that it will hit us too. So far only elderly died except one 54 year old but looking at the rate in Italy we should have an idea what's coming.

I live on the country side but my clients are in town. Most of them implemented a policy that doesn't allow externals to visit them / no physical contact, so I work from home. My wife has local clients so she's more exposed. Kids still go to school, just some sports events are cancelled.

We have vacations booked to Asia and California within the next three months but the way it looks we might have to forget about that. Not an issue for me (and the rest of the family needs to accept it), main concern is health. And economy is a concern too of course.

...but more then enough nice 3D apps to use, games and movies, I will not get bored!

Take care and all the best, Michael
    Last edited by Marander; 03-13-2020 at 02:28 AM.

German states Saarland and Bavaria just decided to close schools and kindergartens as of Monday, for now until start of general Easter holidays scheduled Apr.06-18 in Bavarioa, other German states still in ´thinking´ mode on this ?!??

Best from greater Munich area
    Frank

fyi some more little Corona history hear from southern Germany (Bavaria)

1st official positive in Germany (Bavaria) was mid January a 32 year emplopyee from a international automotive supplier company around Munich (Webasto), actually living with his family in our little town west of Munich.
    Company had some internal training meetings with an attendy from China with positive test results after her return flight back to China some days after the meetings in HQ. The week later the test of this ´German´ employee showed positive results followed by at least 4 more employees in the German office.
    Company immeadiately closed their facility the day after for a couple of days with no more officially´ announced infections after from this loation

Frank

sorry, I was wrong with the timing above - this first infection in Germany was anounced January 28th, not mid January - Frank

latest update from south Germany -
    finally Bavaria decided at noon to lock down today, al least for 2 weeks for now. Other German states still think and planning to decide tomorrow - Frank

Frequenter
    Surely the right measures taken. Even if maybe a tiny bit late for some...
    There might have been a bit too much trust in people in general to behave approprietely. For some out there - it seems - it is just too hard to believe in things they can´t see...

As of 5pm today my place of work closes down so I along with everyone else at the University will be remote working for as long as is necessary. Surreal and unsettling times. I think it's probably only a matter of time before the UK goes into some kind of forced lockdown.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

I'm in Ohio , US, and it's been kinda crazy here. Stores are sorta open, but good luck finding a restaurant that's open. Most have closed, except for take out. I feel like I'm in a movie with all of this. I'm semi-retired, but do work at home on some client work. So far, I still am getting work, but if this continues too long, that may change for the worse.

I talked with a few friends that I have in a few other states, and so far they are okay. Me and my wife are doing okay health wise so far too.

Best of luck healthwise with everyone on the forum. My prayers are with all of us!

Thank you JamesCurtis from ´old Europe´

Exit restrictions in Bavaria worked out pretty well thru the weekend, also because outside temperature went down from 20+th during day past week down to ~5° due to a cold east wind situation we got.
    But now suddenly hospitals reporting more and more younger people (20+) arrive need their support too !

My hest wishes to everyone in here - Frank

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast