Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

For those who doubt the importance and violence of this pandemic, just wait until a member of your family or close friend slowly starts dying in horrible suffering from lungs defiency, then falls into coma and relies only on a machine to keep blood being oxygenated. Count the hours before you get the info he is finally at peace. Then it looks pretty darn real to you.

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    For those who doubt the importance and violence of this pandemic, just wait until a member of your family or close friend slowly starts dying in horrible suffering from lungs defiency, then falls into coma and relies only on a machine to keep blood being oxygenated. Count the hours before you get the info he is finally at peace. Then it looks pretty darn real to you.
    Thank you (sincerely) for reminding us these are real people, not just numbers, not just people with the Flue.

Yep. Bad news are almost daily, now, in my professionnal environment. Luckily enough, a member of my family recovered without serious sequel, bit it was a hard time. I get prepared for even more bad news. Nasty times when you come to wonder if it’s not better for someone to just go instead of recovering with permanent and severe sequels. I don’t have the answer, of course.

may I add my current dream in here - maybe our world can find at the end of all this a better way to live together as 100 years ago after that pandemic. Maybe some of the (somehow) great technologies developed since then can also help us too for such a dream ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    I beleive the fear ..and the actual situation is looking quite different in many countries, I do not believe all countries will be impacted in the same percentage of infected nor deaths.
    I donīt think the fear of it over her is half of what you probably have in France right now, and in italy, spain and the U.S.A.

Itīs definitely something everyone needs to take seriously and follow advices, personally I do not encounter one single person these weeks, occasionally entering a shop once a week, and make sure there isnīt much people before I enter, and I try to walk with distance if I have to pass by or going another route in the shop, and definitely not going to the cash line, if there is people gathered there.

Yesterday I was about to enter the shop, but I went back home..to much people in there from my perspective, Iīm canceling easter dinner with my sister, her man and my niece.

And this month trying to lock myself in as much as possible, the helth department is advicing that as well, and they excpect it to maybe change in may for the better..but that is a rough guess.
    Some more deaths over here from yesterdays 180 to 239 today in reports, but the reports of death per day isnīt accurate, they lag behind and some of those reported today is actually some week ago.

So far, only one person we know of here, that was 29 I think, the rest..aprox 12 from 50 and up (my age) so not many young adults and no children, and the most death count is in the 80īs.
    My mother went away 2011 and my father late 2018...would be sad not being able to visit ..and worry about them, so I am sort of glad that worry is over..we had the normal worries anyway before they died.

the only elders right now I am connected to, that is my sister and her man, my sis 66 and her man turning 69 now in april, and yes..my sis could have taken care of her body a bit better so sheīs in the risc group I would say, as I suspect I am slightly too....bodymass isnīt the best, high bloodsugar, high bloodpressure, allergic to many things, and I had a pneumoina in march last year, it was horrible.

If infected spreads more and more without the curve going more flat.. and if deaths starts to rise over 2000 over here, then I suspect the fear may reach what people in france may be experiencing, but I do not think that fear is so strong over here currently, that said ...many of us realize the gravity of the situation.

Hold on, there will be a change if everyone works towards it and help out and follow the restrictions and hygien advices, in the end, I think this can in fact make us stronger agains many virus flu, perhaps also lowering the normal flu deaths, at least as long as we donīt get a mutated virus or a new one that kills the way ala the outbreak movie.

To note, right now we passed by norway in amount of infected, to my eyes..it starts to feel like a failure to Not shut down the spread by implementing harder restrictions.

But..it also may be that we just recently have had the opportunity to test more people in the first place, so it may correlate with that, it is possible that norway have even more..but havenīt been able to test in the same extent.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPW View Post
    may I add my current dream in here - maybe our world can find at the end of all this a better way to live together as 100 years ago after that pandemic. Maybe some of the (somehow) great technologies developed since then can also help us too for such a dream ?
    Better to make it reality than a dream the dream has always been there for many of us.
    The problem is that we humans know what can happen ..and in some cases what has happened, but we bash our heads in to the wall of previous mistakes still..and forget and hope not to take action, not until
    Mr Virus and other menacies knocks on the door.

The world community and government knew this would happen..and also that it would come to these extents, but not when and we are very short term thinking minds, and hope for menacies to not occour in our own lifetime, itīs the same with climate.

prometheus why you send multiple messages constantly - suggestion make a document .. write over there - and copy paste

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    prometheus why you send multiple messages constantly - suggestion make a document .. write over there - and copy paste
    What do you mean, I do not send any double messages,do you see any double messages in the post right now?

if you get it by mail as double post, that is the forums lousy handling, write to newtek webmasters and complain about that..I have complained about the issue before.
    And from time to time I do as you say as well.

Edited..
    Oh..perhaps you mean highly frequented posts?
    That is not double posts...well sorry, just the way I work and always find something new to say, so rather than editing post..which also can yield the forum double post, I write a new post, but I will try and remember.
    But I also responded with quotes in between, so sitting with a doc and wait for answering of others isnīt my style.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    He's talking. That's what people do when concerned or apprehensive.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    He's talking. That's what people do when concerned or apprehensive.
    Yep, and I got more I missed in the last post answering about the double post, so I do not want to edit that so you miss the new comments ..if you already have read the last post by me, so ergo ..a new post is needed, and thanks for posting so I can reply on that.

I forgot, it is evident that many of our deaths ..and infections ..are originating from particularly vulnerable segregated areas, information doesnīt come through properly..language and they live very tightly with several generations in one house, and other factors..this isnīt all bad a large portion.

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dhotshot View Post
    Do we really need this nonsense here?

For anyone who doesn't know, David Icke was a broadcaster on BBC TV but then decided that the earth was controlled by aliens and whatnot.

Please can we keep to things where there is a medical consensus rather than wacky theory?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Do we really need this nonsense here?

For anyone who doesn't know, David Icke was a broadcaster on BBC TV but then decided that the earth was controlled by aliens and whatnot.

Please can we keep to things where there is a medical consensus rather than wacky theory?
    I agree. Also incredible what kind of unbelievable comments you will see on this Joe Rogan Interview Nicolas provided the link to at the very beginning of this thread here - by the way nearly 14 millions clicks by today !

Quote Originally Posted by 3dhotshot View Post
    NONSENSE
    incomprehensible...But so is even larger accepted views on the grand scheme, so not surprising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

Do the math

And this guy should visit spain/itally or the us and the hospitals ..without any protection, he has nothing to fear, just as long you believe in your own world ..it just migth be safe.
    Unfortunetely, there is no Vaccine or faceprotections to protect mankind from menacing fantasies like this, the virus may be not so harmful as ideas like this, if they get a stronghold over the rest of the world.
    That is the power of pulling a veil of ignorance and doctrines over humans.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast