Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

And what can be done...

One municipality here in Sweden decided to give help to provide food purchase help to all of the inhabitants over 70 years old, an action I think our main cities and the one most affected should try
    and strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

true that, most things can be seen from a political angle, and taking those measures can certainly be a challenge, stopping the storm before it begins.

good speech, and not very political, rather humane.  
    Yeah..I think it was a pretty good speech as well, and he is not know for this kind of stuff, probably got it written by a good scripter with some of his own thoughts, it was a bit longer but ..that part stuck out a bit I think.

Itīs at dark times in adversity, we people have a chance to really shine and bring light in to that darkness, and to our fellow humans as well, itīs the times when we really can show what we as people can do...Together.
    A big part of it that...is about accepting our own role in the outcome of the events unfolding, rather than in putting responsibility and trust to something else and there by completly discarding our own importance in the role.

probably got it written by...
    ...his wife.   

yes, hopefully something good will come from this.
    Last edited by erikals; 03-23-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I respect your call, and I will be careful, but I do not follow you on the "dragging up bathing in ganges"
    it is a serious health issue...
    It's also something that, however we might personally feel, a large number of people hold as sacred, which puts it into a realm that is outside the scope of this forum - just like political issues, etc.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Our prime minister speach... Sorry Steve..if itīs too political...point the finger to me again
    I don't see any politics in that, do you?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't see any politics in that, do you?
    You can make it work in a political point of view, depending on..as almost anything else.
    Everything we do can or say could in principle be interpreted to be of a political classification...and especially how we live our lifes or how others tells us to live our life, or a moderator telling what we should not discuss
    Itīs policy.

Basically agree,

however, everything has its percentage.  

that speech is certainly in its lower spectrum.
    Last edited by erikals; 03-24-2020 at 02:43 AM.

Basically agree,

however, everything has its percentage.  

that speech is certainly in its lower spectrum.
    I just canīt agree on that..
    My cider I usually drink ...has zero percentage alcohol

No seriously, you are right..there is degreeīs in hell as well, they say anyway.

Sad to see that we had a lot more death cases the recent days, just jumped up some dussins a day, nothing compared to Italy thougg, Itīsreally horrible over there and Itīs sad to see that, as well as spain seem to be going wild, and the U.S ...Im afraid they have only seen the beginning of a major spread and death cases.

Right now itīs mostly talk about the hospitals running out of protection gears within 2-3 days, which makes me wonder if the domestic industries we have shouldnīt be able to produce such protections, a lot would be needed since itīs a disposable article for the proper safety.

And also talk about how many companies now filing for bankrupcy and people loosing their jobs and applyin gfor unemployment insurance, some new Financial help packages today from the government.
    But we are still going against the stream and not closing schools all together, and no curfews, no real limits on meeting people either ..except for the 500 limit...they say itīs necessary to treat it this way so we can have people doing important service jobs and managing the health care as well.
    Weīll see.

i guess a discussion will rise if they should close the schools, or not...  

Some in the USA are actually advocating for the elderly to die so the economy won't suffer.

I kid you not.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Some in the USA are actually advocating for the elderly to die so the economy won't suffer.

I kid you not.
    Yeah...bizarre, I actually saw that some day ago on democracy now I think, and one elder actually saying he would be okay with that for himself.

But from my point of view, I canīt see that as acceptable, if they can sacrifice elder humans, then they can surely cut down defenses from the u.s military and direct that to more help for the economy.

- - - Updated - - -

i guess a discussion will rise if they should close the schools, or not...  
    Our state epidemiologist is still cool, this is what we normally expected in the death curves.
    I think if and when we reach a number of 20 000 thousands infected and perhaps 1000 deaths, only then they will start to close down completely, if they then still doesnīt see any reside of the amount of affected people.
    Guess they will still look at the "normal" flu deaths and infected and compare to that, and only when it goes far far over that..the real shut down will come.

I kid you not.
    Many still don't seem to realize that this virus also takes a toll on many younger adults and even healthy adults in their 20s 30s & 40s die from it in some cases not to mention that many who survive serious illness have permanent lung damage. Everyone who gets this virus rolls the dice and your odds are simply better the younger and healthier you are but that alone does not guarantee survival or give the them some kind of invincibility against the virus.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Yeah...bizarre, I actually saw that some day ago on democrocy now I think, and one elder actually saying he would be okay with that for himself.

But from my point of view, I canīt see that as acceptable, if they can sacrifice elder humans, then they can surely cut down defenses from the u.s military and direct that to more help for the economy.
    Newscasters are suggesting it.

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-brit...131616086.html
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Democracy...sloppy spelling from me .)

Letīs hope they arenīt pushing it further...and Hopefully I am not scaring anyone for real...Itīs the movies. "casualties of War"

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast