Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Somethings are best not to look at, I mean...at the world war, the photos spread from concentration camps was quite a bit different..the world sort of needed to see that as confirmation, and yet..many didnīt believe.
    In this case we know about the issue, and we know how people dies..well most of us, Ivé seen two dead people in my life for real, and that was my mother and father passing, not that scary..but not comfortable to see either when thear lie there all white with mouth open and the light gone from the eyes( at least my fathers) mothers were closed...we have the photos of that, but with nice lights and them in the bed..so it is more of a serene picture of the end days...for some that may be morbid, for some itīs just something they need to have in memory.

I wish we could just apply the movie phrase...
    "Death smiles at us all, all you can do is smile back" ..but in the light of all this, it feels more like a morbid quote.

i remind myself that before the end, there was a beautiful life.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i remind myself that before the end, there was a beautiful life.
    Once you are born, you start to die...but that as it may be, and the short time we have mostly...suck the bone marrow out of life as much as you can, make yourself happy, and others and perhaps you will make a good impact on others life, and perhaps
    some impact in the world somehow for the good part, and donīt forget to appreciate every single day you get.

Dylan Thomas...
    "Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Do not go gentle into that good night. ... Do not go gentle into that good night."

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Dylan Thomas...
    "Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Do not go gentle into that good night. ... Do not go gentle into that good night."
    I'm more of a Donne fan:

Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind.
    Therefore, send not to know
    For whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Both very nice and I appreciate the message they bring.

Last edited by erikals; 04-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I'm more of a Donne fan:
    Cylons, all cylons!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

LW Watcher
    i will of course not post it here (!)

it was a photo with a blur filter, unfortunately one could see through the blur looking closely.
    It's irresponsible to say you've seen such an image when you can't attribute it to some reliable news source that has verified what it is. No responsible news source would publish such a picture and a picture of a poor old man could have been taken under any circumstance.

There is so much crap posted about pictures supposedly related to coronavirus and just about all of the sensational ones have been proven to be totally unrelated to the coronavirus at all.

The BBC has shown several fake news stories and shown what the pictures actually relate to.

After all, what is the point of showing a picture of a dead person? we all know people die, every day. Our neighbour died today.
    Last edited by pauland; 04-06-2020 at 01:25 PM.

It's irresponsible to say you've seen such an image when you can't attribute it to some reliable news source that has verified what it is.
    you kidding me?
    first you don't want to see it (understandable) then you don't believe it. it is a www nrk no

decide.

if you want i can send you a PM.

After all, what is the point of showing a picture of a dead person?
    i'll mostly let the news answer this one, i'm no politician / journalist.
    it was a bad photoshop job, maybe they made a mistake. it shouldn't happen, but unfortunately it can happen. i don't hold the answer.
    Last edited by erikals; 04-06-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It's irresponsible to say you've seen such an image when you can't attribute it to some reliable news source that has verified what it is. No responsible news source would publish such a picture and a picture of a poor old man could have been taken under any circumstance.

There is so much crap posted about pictures supposedly related to coronavirus and just about all of the sensational ones have been proven to be totally unrelated to the coronavirus at all.

The BBC has shown several fake news stories and shown what the pictures actually relate to.

After all, what is the point of showing a picture of a dead person? we all know people die, every day. Our neighbour died today.
    That I do not understand, for your information..you must have been aware of news media posting videos of children in war, with wounds, blood etc..even death.
    Why engage in this for erikals to prove anything of that, just leave it and him alone..he didnīt post it, he just made a note of him seing such thing..believe it or not..better yet, forget about it..cause it will only be imprinted on your mind if you pursue that, and that is probably not what you want either.

You say whatīs the point of showing a picture..why do you bring that up at all.? .Erikals never mentioned he had that intent, and media post it everyday..all around the world, in the U.S they even have a theatre of watching people getting executed, just to satisfy our primal sense of justice being done in the name of vengance.

They have shown dead people for ages, and they will continue to do so...often though with a, warning for disturbing images, just like they will show misery and starving people from time to time, whatīs the point, we know people starv..but yet they reminds us...same thing with the menace that causes death.

But perhaps we all could focus on something else than death for a moment now, since that seems to be overwhelming, and I hope you donīt get all this jammed up your face too much and that the bad situation near you will soon end.

Well, things here in the UK have taken a very serious turn for the worse in terms of news. Our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, is now in intensive care after his coronavirus symptoms worsened today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52192604
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I'm more of a Donne fan:
    Havenīt heard really, need to look much of that up.
    But for sure..in dark times, reflection on our lifes...and how to endure is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Well, things here in the UK have taken a very serious turn for the worse in terms of news. Our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, is now in intensive care after his coronavirus symptoms worsened today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52192604
    Sad to hear, hope he pulls through..It would be kind of devestating for the brits I guess if he doesnīt.

In the midst of all the anonymous deaths..there also will be a lot of those within the celebrety and authority community that doesnīt make it.

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    That I do not understand, for your information..you must have been aware of news media posting videos of children in war, with wounds, blood etc..even death.
    Yes, but we rarely see the very gory stuff and unlike in this thread reputable news organisations verify their facts before distributing them as fact.

Why engage in this for erikals to prove anything of that, just leave it and him alone..he didnīt post it, he just made a note of him seing such thing..believe it or not..
    That's my point. I'm used to reliable news outlets such as the BBC researching their sources before publishing their stories so that they do not attribute things incorrectly.

If someone is going to make some claim about the corornavirus, I'd like to know where that originated from so that I can be sure they aren't propagating total nonsense.

In another group I had an email from someone who made online courses - an intelligent guy. He told everyone who had used his material that a coronavirus cure had been found and that within three weeks there would be a vaccine available.

I asked him for the source of these statements, just as I have done here.

The corona cure source came from Trumps lips, supposedly based on some tiny experiment by a french researcher using anti-malarial drugs. No reputable evidence to back that up and Americans have discovered some of the anti-malarial drugs ingredients are also in some fish treatment and have been scouring pet stores thinking it would be a cure/protection. Result? an American couple died because they had the stuff at home and it killed them.

The second part about a virus in three weeks comes from uncredited source that Israeli researchers said they'd have a vaccine available.

You say whatīs the point of showing a picture..why do you bring that up at all.?
    I don't see why any reputable source would see any value, but someone maliciously wanting to sensationalise some nonsense might well use it.

Erikals never mentioned he had that intent
    I know, but I wanted to be sure he wouldn't.

and media post it everyday..all around the world, in the U.S they even have a theatre of watching people getting executed, just to satisfy our primal sense of justice being done in the name of vengance.
    That's not media I watch or would have any trust in.

You can tell by now I don't have much tolerance for people spreading nonsense about coronavirus.

LW Watcher

you kidding me?
    first you don't want to see it (understandable) then you don't believe it. it is a www nrk no
    Well, it's better than not having said where your story came from. I don't know why a reputable news organisation would use such a picture.

decide.
    I can't decide if it's fake on the basis of that information and I don't plan to investigate further. It's hardly news that people are dying. A picture of a poor dead man does not advance our information in any way.

I can't decide if it's fake on the basis of that information and I don't plan to investigate further.
    you ask for a reliable source for then to say you don't want it ?
    do you see the irony ?

Well, it's better than not having said where your story came from.
    I can't decide if it's fake on the basis of that information and I don't plan to investigate further.
    ... again, the contradiction.
    Last edited by erikals; 04-06-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast