Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

hey prometheus, you should be even in such a very understandable ┤bad & unexpected┤ situation even more lucky as ususal these days to live up in Sweden, at least as I understand the current ┤Swedish┤ way to handle this thing.

Down here in our country you will have indeed at the moment some problems in such a case to get a replacement (new unit) , al least for another 2 weeks or so from now !

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPW View Post
    hey prometheus, you should be even in such a very understandable ┤bad & unexpected┤ situation even more lucky as ususal these days to live up in Sweden, at least as I understand the current ┤Swedish┤ way to handle this thing.

Down here in our country you will have indeed at the moment some problems in such a case to get a replacement (new unit) , al least for another 2 weeks or so from now !
    That situation It┤s just very trifle..I can survive without the icecream, and frozen meat actually .
    But I reckon having a conversation around the smaller things in our daily lives and how to endure and solve things..may help dilute the concentraion of all the other extremes going on, at least mentally in our conversations over here..a way to cope with things I guess.

Swedish way..hmm, maybe..I think there are more countries doing what we are or close to it, it may be wise or not..we┤ll see, but I think even our authorities says they have failed so far to protect the elderly care centers, personally I agree..and the question is If they could have done something else and what should have been.

Personally I was a bit baffled to hear they made it a prohibition so late and instead of earlier advices...to avoid visiting elderly cares, I┤m hoping Im not sounding to ego inflated ..or narcissistik, but I would have closed down much earlier with prohibition.
    But, it doesn┤t help unless you can track and keep the elderly care staff in some sort of isoltion and with special guidelines anway, the staff still move around in the society, and may have childrens coming home from school infecting the elderly care staff, so once they are back..the infection may spread anyway...so I think they would have needed to go All in and track all elderly care staff, make them report and go through guidelines much more strikt, and possibly isolate their kids as well somehow, I know..not an easy task and perhaps no clear solution to that, but that would have been the only way to keep elders safe...and as a majority of them (not infected) but deaths over here is the elders...we could have saved many lifes.

No problems I think to order one..I don┤t need a full height or any fancy one.
    probably something like this (around 358,941 USD)

https://www.mediamarkt.se/sv/product...m-1310251.html

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    And whatever problems comes with the situation, my freezer is broken..so I need it to either be fixed or get a new one, and I really want icecream now when spring and summer arrives and storing food for that matter if the situation get┤s worse.
    But our landlord has stated that no visits will be done during this period of corona menace, not unless absolutely acute..not sure this qualifies, could call them of course.
    Anyway..it┤s a small freezer combined with the fridge, I think I need one extra anyway..so.
    There shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement delivered, surely? Call them.

LW Watcher
    This is a story that really did surprise me. I hadn't imagined humans infecting animals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52177586

There was a story from China quite a bit earlier about a dog with the virus. I heard a discussion by experts who said it's not so unusual, but it was not well established that an animal could then re-transmit the virus to other humans ... still, a bit worrisome.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    There was a story from China quite a bit earlier about a dog with the virus. I heard a discussion by experts who said it's not so unusual, but it was not well established that an animal could then re-transmit the virus to other humans ... still, a bit worrisome.
    The impression I get is that the so Called experts seem to be confused and not knowing very well what they are dealing with, early reports..no cats and dogs could be infected etc, early reports and still not sure..airborne as aerosol infectionous or not, early reports, healthy young ones shouldn┤t worry..and yet we have many right now in sweden that surprised the doctors, being young and otherwise healty in need of emergency care, but it┤s currently a difference from those who doesn make it..but worries for that there will still be a tough time for even young and healthy ones.

Currently the last days, the percentage of deaths has risen quite a bit now in Sweden, 591 of 7693...that is 7,68% of the "known" infected. ..and not long ago that was only 3.4%..so we as many others are still climbing in the amount of infected and increases in deaths, though I tend to see the margin difference is expanding from that of Norway and Denmark, which doesn┤t seem to increase in the same speed, but I also think they got the spread a little later, and it could also have something to do with them shutting down more in the society than we did, we can only wait to analyze later I guess.

Personally I would guess that denmark and norway has been better with this and may have done the right thing to shut down much more, then again not sure..it doesn┤t seem to have helped in Italy and other countries, perhaps it would have been even worse otherwise..who knows.

What worries me is if we see a temporarely decrease of infections and deaths during summer, I am afraid that when summer comes..we swedes go a little bit crazy and are desperate for socializing in the warmer season, unlike winter when we just stay at home mostly..well there is ski fans and that did some damage, so that may cause a huge amount of mingling folks ..if they think the danger is over.

I┤ll bet there will not be many summer vacations abroad anyway.

And I have to sit here..all alone, eating eggs, sausage, mustard hearing, meatballs and eastern must (same as christmas must) just named differently
    Hope they got some good movies going, and then we got 3D and graphics to work one of course.

And urging for my older siblings, to ..don┤t go out unnecessary..stay at home, but my brother Still had to visit IKEA, why I do not understand..he just wanted something finished before summer..but there you go, he brought a motorcycle helmet in case..then in the cash line, he was angry at some immigrants just getting to close to him, mind the distance ..he shouted, and some irritation to follow that from them, but why just not stay at home when you know there will be cases like this..well..well, I pointed that out to him a bit snorky

IKEA and similar isn┤t the place you want to visit ..unless you have a strong desire to be lojal to the store and help their sales, and a strong desire to challenge fate.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    The impression I get is that the so Called experts seem to be confused and not knowing very well what they are dealing with, early reports.
    Generally, as far as I have seen, the professional medical community has acted sensibly, responsibly and with a healthy humility in admitting how very much they don't know. This may vary somewhat by locale, I suppose. There are of course fringe elements and wackos, and an occasional empty labcoat who panders to those with a political agenda.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Generally, as far as I have seen, the professional medical community has acted sensibly, responsibly and with a healthy humility in admitting how very much they don't know. This may vary somewhat by locale, I suppose. There are of course fringe elements and wackos, and an occasional empty labcoat who panders to those with a political agenda.
    Yes true, but they are also doubting eachother, our state epedemiologist have doubts and questions regarding a lot from what other experts says, and WHO statements as not being likely, so the information we are given is ambigous, and it affects the overall trust of Any authority.

But true, they are pointing at their views without really confirming a true certainty about it..but instead giving other perspectives on it.
    It doesn┤t entrust you with confidence that your own authorities and spokesmen are right though...and that is not a whacko given another side of the story, if he is..then we are in real trouble.

Just read an article from swedish aftonbladet..

Our state epedemiologist says..Swedens system of counting deaths are among the best in the world, no other place in the world can you control the deaths by their personal code number.

To mee it seems a bit stunning if that is the case, and how effective that really is in terms of control, and not just entrusting and fooling people that it┤s system is superior, I reckon there must be similar personal code systems that are equally entrustable...but I really don┤t know about that in detail.

Coronaviruses are one of many zoonotic diseases that can pass between humans and animals (also rabies, malaria, etc). Considering that many people enjoy relationships with their pets that may exceed social norms, there is a definite concern about transmission.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

no other place in the world can you control the deaths by their personal code number.
    we have chosen not to do that in our country since it is quite invasive.

it can literally track every persons name age and GPS position.

so here they went with an anonymous method.

which, again, leads this thread into a political discussion. (think i'm hearing Bowie's "Hurray!!!")
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

we have chosen not to do that in our country since it is quite invasive.

it can literally track every persons name age and GPS position.

so here they went with an anonymous method.

which, again, leads this thread into a political discussion. (think i'm hearing Bowie's "Hurray!!!")
    Lol, Let┤s keep Bowie busy, so many are in risc of loosing their jobs
    Yes..fully understandable about Norways choice on this

GPS ...well, I am not the owner of my phone..my sisters booking and her name, but checking the GPS and if I am at home, conclusions can be made on who the phone belongs to..but hey, we need to provide personal codes for logging in to the internet bank, use the electronic id for logging in to ensurance sites, unemployment ensurance etc, file the taxes and check them etc, we can not escape those numbers ..really not sure you guys can either, as for using it to tracking mortality etc..I see now big issue on being invasive as the purpose can be used with accuracy as in this case, although the proper report per day may lag due to when they file the reports.

Google tracking of gps patterns have now also been used for analyze in sweden on how we are behaving and moving..and where a possible spread could be..in subways etc, in this case probablya good thing..but within a bad regime, not so good.
    Same with drones and surveilance cameras..unfortunately I can imagine..see a very bad future around all that, which I believe will happen in many countries with a scary increasing rate very soon.

yes indeed,

lots of power in these types of surveillance.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes indeed,

lots of power in these types of surveillance.
    Yes..benefits and negatives of all that, for individual benefit, if something happens to you and it┤s an emergency and the ambulance could pin point your location better perhaps..leave it on, otherwise it┤s mostly a fear of being tracked and data misused and such.
    Turning off the celluar phone and gps tracking, as well as making an encase with folie, but then you override the possible benefits.

Not sure if there is cellular GPS protection cases? ..I searched and looked for it, but can┤t find much about that actually, most stuff I get is the other way around.
    Would be nice to have a hard cover protecion cover, with an emergency button/switch which turns on all gps tracking as well as maybe sending an s.o.s signal or emergency call to the alarm centrals.
    If you still have hands intact to call anyway..there should not be any problem of reaching that switch, then again...if to easy to accidently turn it on..then you would risc an emercency call just by putting your phone in the pocket.

Just got notified actually today about my gps movement when I had that on, and I checked my hotmail account to check backwards where I had been so ...but I am not that comfortable about being tracked like that anyway.
    To note..that was however only a few days when I was out walking, and needed to know where I was in the area...mostly it has been turned off, so no data from that, at least not provided in google accounts.

Then we have the Global social pattern, and what kind of data they can use and how they use it to analyse peoples behavior, and if that somehow could help make decisions around the corona situation? if it is of any help..so why not?

Just watched that movie "the circle" for the first time some days ago, with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson, about a fully transparent life, where a camera and tracking devices follows you ..and a motto of being part of the Circle society, never alone..always there to help..as long as you do not have anything to hide.
    It kind of had that premise of having benefits like being saved fast if you run in to an accident, but also the negatives of being to invasive and abused.

Turning off the celluar phone and gps tracking, as well as making an encase with folie, but then you override the possible benefits.
    in terms of tracking, wouldn't that make things even more curious, i mean, they'd probably be like, hey, we Definitely gotta track this guy, this guy is hiding!

regarding phones and tracking, the "Big guys" use satellite phones.
    oh, maybe not... https://cpj.org/blog/2012/02/caveat-...ays-be-tra.php
    or... https://www.orbitalsatcom.com/satell...phone-tracked/

besides criminals, i guess it is of use to some people in various industries as a security, as industrial espionage is still "hot".
    Last edited by erikals; 04-08-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast