Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Norway, we were prepared before we were prepared.

'fun'? fact, i live 200 meters away from here...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Hi Erikals,

I must admit I like many Nordic European states behaviours in general more and more in the pasts, not only how to act without īstate rulesī in place in this special period for everyone out there, Frank

Well, that's the UK now officially on lockdown for at least three weeks. Noone is supposed to leave home except for a few very specific reasons. All non-essentials retail outlets are to close. No gatherings of more than two people and the police have powers to disperse groups and issue fines. It's going to be a challenging time for everyone.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Well some people in the UK brought it upon themselves.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

I personally guess, believe and speculate ..by my gut, that a close down with a curfew should be done here as well, not when deaths or infections starts at a certain level of 500 deaths etc, most countries do that when they reach that level, not before..but we already know this is a scenario likely to happen, so why not adress it earlier, make it a one month curfew, exclude the importan structures and implement food deliveries.

One month now when not so many are infected...In my thinking would be more effective than later when more are affected.
    After one month, open it up..unless 10-20% of the population isnīt affected.

It will be tough..but itīs that or more infections and deaths, economicly we should manage a one month complete shut down.

Scary to think about india, one of the largest populated places on earth, and a lot of people do not have access to clean water, and other sanitary means, hopefully they seem to have listened and change their ways from a report..since
    there is a lot less people on the streets, what has been baffling about that area though, is the logic about taking a bath in the ganges river..huhh, you would think as long as they pray they would be safe then..according to their beliefs?

yesterday/today..we got 6 new deaths in a short row, that was a lot for one day.
    Military is shipping equipment to a re-staged exhibition park, that will only yield 30 intensive care places, we need a little more than that according to expectations...if we add that to extra intensive care spots in the current hospitals.

LW Watcher
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Well some people in the UK brought it upon themselves.
    It's not a time for silly squabbling and finger pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Scary to think about india, one of the largest populated places on earth, and a lot of people do not have access to clean water, and other sanitary means, hopefully they seem to have listened and change their ways from a report.
    Probably best to leave people's beliefs out of it, but sidestepping that I was talking to one of our engineers who is from India about this yesterday (his in-laws are stranded here because they were visiting when the crisis arose). He told me that India is actually faring comparatively well because they got on it pretty quickly.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Probably best to leave people's beliefs out of it, but sidestepping that I was talking to one of our engineers who is from India about this yesterday (his in-laws are stranded here because they were visiting when the crisis arose). He told me that India is actually faring comparatively well because they got on it pretty quickly.
    That is problematic though in the sense of censurship., it isnīt a direct discussion about peoples religious beliefs on this forum, rather what could cause spreading of a virus...at least not intended to go that way..with such forum rules, I know...it also censurs us from actually discussing what could be causing serious contagious spreading...and social behavior including cultural religious behavior..is a part of that.

So be it then...Have you ever considered shutting down any users posts mentioning the lord or prayers, to avoid any provoking offense...or shut down how we discuss what the government does or doesnīt ..do, as humans everything will connect to politics, or our beliefs.

We already have been discussing how governments handles this, and it is partly political...but no hintīs on shutting that down?

But ok, no more to speak of that, itīs not a fully open forum for that, thanks for the reminder.

I think you mean "censor", but it's a polite suggestion, not a rule. That said, as a strictly personal comment, I think you could have raised your concern without dragging in bathing in the Ganges.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I think you mean "censor", but it's a polite suggestion, not a rule. That said, as a strictly personal comment, I think you could have raised your concern without dragging in bathing in the Ganges.
    I was too fast and it became swenglish
    I respect your call, and I will be careful, but I do not follow you on the "dragging up bathing in ganges"
    it is a serious health issue...donīt understand you at all to why bringing that up`should be avoided? if you care to ellaborate on the restrictions on that? am I wrong in my conclusions about that or?

Perhaps not similar, but would a call for do not go out and celebrate in pubs and what effect that would have..due to the infection risc, that may not be equally to discuss and urge to avoid discussion..since itīs just not religious beliefs involved, just crazy behaviour.

He told me that India is actually faring comparatively well because they got on it pretty quickly.
    Yes, I also mentioned that ..in the report they noticed that people in India seem to have understood the message and for that it is all good, but it baffles me the other issue doesnīt.. when itīs a clear and present danger to what they do with the rituals, but as you called for..should not be discussed so we can not resolve the oddity in all that.

And about traditions.. easter times coming up, not sure if I willl visit my sister etc, last time on my niece birthday, her boyfriend showed up ..with some kind of flu, it upset me so I just left after one hour...he should have stayed home and he didnīt follow the advices to take this seriously.

it is a serious health issue...donīt understand you at all to why bringing that up`should be avoided?
    it leans towards being religious / political, something that is advised staying away from on these forums.

religious / political, it should be discussed, but not here, since it tends to end up in a forum-mess with 101 opinions.

tricky not to break that rule every now and then tho'

i know i do.  [seldom i hope]

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

it leans towards being religious / political, something that is advised staying away from on these forums.

religious / political, it should be discussed, but not here, since it tends to end up in a forum-mess with 101 opinions.

tricky not to break that rule every now and then tho'

i know i do.  [seldom i hope]
    Yes..tricky, but I understand the call for not going in there as well, as it can easy spin out of the general principles, but itīs a special situation..and it is what it is, nothing avoids the virus of a discussion entering politics, social behavior or religion, it is inevitable..no matter what the rules are set for any forum, but thatīs why we have steve

You simply can not discuss the virus without entering the realm of politics to some degree, and if we should be consistent and be harsch about the general foru rules, the discussion of the virus should not even be up for discussion, at the same time I suspect they let it pass..as long as it doesnīt go too much in to straight political talks.

Our prime minister speach...
    Sorry Steve..if itīs too political...point the finger to me again

"There will be a few crucial moments in life when you have to make sacrifices
    not only for your own sake but also for taking responsibility for your surroundings,
    for your fellow human beings, and for our country.

That moment is now. That day is here. And that task applies to everyone.

Each of us has a responsibility to prevent the spread of infection, to protect the elderly and other risk groups.

None of us get a chance. None of us can go to work with symptoms.
    Young, old, rich or poor doesn't matter - everyone needs to do their part."
    '

Reminds me of the movie phrase, with great power comes great responsibility, but a little transformed to.. with gruesome infections comes Great responsibility.

nothing avoids the virus of a discussion entering politics, social behavior or religion, it is inevitable..
    no matter what the rules are set for any forum, but thatīs why we have Steve
    true that, most things can be seen from a political angle, and taking those measures can certainly be a challenge, stopping the storm before it begins.

"There will be a few crucial moments in life when you have to make sacrifices
    not only for your own sake but also for taking responsibility for your surroundings,
    for your fellow human beings, and for our country.

That moment is now. That day is here. And that task applies to everyone.

Each of us has a responsibility to prevent the spread of infection, to protect the elderly and other risk groups.

None of us get a chance. None of us can go to work with symptoms.
    Young, old, rich or poor doesn't matter - everyone needs to do their part."
    good speech, and not very political, rather humane.  
    Last edited by erikals; 03-23-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast