Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Canadian Priminister Justin Trudeau is in self isolation waiting for Corona virus test results for his wife who had many of the symptoms including fever.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cov...irus-1.5495001
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ... and if any family has a common sense of responisbility, if they see their kids being sick..they donīt let their elderly take care of the kids...
    ... , to make sure if you are sick with these symtoms...donīt go out and meet others.
    Well that's the tricky thing here, most kids don't even show symptoms and even if there are symptoms, the virus has spread long before.

Sick with symptoms, that's too late. Just by breathing next to an infected person that has no symptoms for several days to come is enough to get infected.

I'm not saying closing schools or not is a good thing, that's a tricky situation and depends on each family situation.

But I would say it's too late for that. From what was seen in China (that is reluctant about providing info) we should have seen it coming. In the beginning our government followed every case of infection and ordered individual quarantine.

This while planes and trains arrive hourly with thousands of passengers from all over the world, about 70k employees come daily to work in our country from Italy while their health system is already collapsing.

Also, how long should schools be closed when experts say the virus will be around for several months? Same applies for restaurants, shops, travel / tourism, leisure and sport clubs, concerts etc. Many jobs and the world economic as a whole are at stake too. Tricky tricky...

We only hear officially tested cases, how many are infected without knowing it for one or two weeks we don't know.

It will affect our lifes in various ways for sure but just do the best you can for yourself and your environment without panic.
    Last edited by Marander; 03-12-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Well that's the tricky thing here, most kids don't even show symptoms and even if there are symptoms, the virus has spread long before.

Sick with symptoms, that's too late. Just by breathing next to an infected person that has no symptoms for several days to come is enough to get infected.

I'm not saying closing schools or not is a good thing, that's a tricky situation and depends on each family situation.

But I would say it's too late for that. From what was seen in China (that is reluctant about providing info) we should have seen it coming. In the beginning our government followed every case of infection and ordered individual quarantine.

This while planes and trains arrive hourly with thousands of passengers from all over the world, about 70k employees come daily to work in our country from Italy while their health system is already collapsing.

Also, how long should schools be closed when experts say the virus will be around for several months? Same applies for restaurants, shops, travel / tourism, leisure and sport clubs, concerts etc. Many jobs and the world economic as a whole are at stake too. Tricky tricky...

We only hear officially tested cases, how many are infected without knowing it for one or two weeks we don't know.

It will affect our lifes in various ways for sure but just do the best you can for yourself and your environment without panic.
    Yes it is tricky.
    But as far as only breathing next to a person as you say as being enough, I dare to challenge if that is correct?
    As I am aware of, itīs not airborne, and you would need sneezed particles landing on your skin and also put that in to yourself in the mouth or in the nose or in the eyes.
    So really..just breathing next to an infected person? doubt that really, another story if the person actually sneezes or coughs so we get tiny water particles hitting you.

Yes it is tricky.
    But as far as only breathing next to a person as you say as being enough, I dare to challenge if that is correct?
    As I am aware of, itīs not airborne, and you would need sneezed particles landing on your skin and also put that in to yourself in the mouth or in the nose or in the eyes.
    So really..just breathing next to an infected person? doubt that really, another story if the person actually sneezes or coughs so we get tiny water particles hitting you.
    On the original interview I posted in this thread with Joe Rogan the virus reseacher in the interview says it is in fact mostly transferred through the air from what they are learning but from surfaces as well. It's a really long interview so I think it was in the long version of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

It seems to be highly contagious and spreads at an exponential rate.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Yes it is tricky.
    Do you have evidence that supports that? Even at this point, health organizations are not able to be certain of the transmission method: "COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads" [ https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html ]

The fact that this is spreading so quickly suggests it is airborne (or lingers well on surfaces). You cannot assume you are safe because you have not been around someone who is coughing or sneezing next to you. It is very possible for you to touch something that a person coughed or sneezed on hours ago...or as we're still learning, it is possible that it can be transferred by ordinary exhalation. Even ordinary exhalation carries particles.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Do you have evidence that supports that? Even at this point, health organizations are not able to be certain of the transmission method: "COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads" [ https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html ]

The fact that this is spreading so quickly suggests it is airborne (or lingers well on surfaces). You cannot assume you are safe because you have not been around someone who is coughing or sneezing next to you. It is very possible for you to touch something that a person coughed or sneezed on hours ago...or as we're still learning, it is possible that it can be transferred by ordinary exhalation. Even ordinary exhalation carries particles.
    Nope..but I donīt think Maranders thesis about it had that backed up either, if he has he can of course correct me.
    What I refer to is what our swedish experts says, the question is as you point out, if they really are competent to make such claimes.

I didnīt assume I was safe by touching something, I was solely talking about breathing contact.
    What you say about touching something that a person coughed on?..I never said anything about that, so not sure why you bring that up..itīs declared even with swedish exports that it probably will infect you if you touch something that someone else has left slime on, I havenīt and are not arguing against that...but just breathing next to a person??
    I think normal air particles with some humidity in them ...isnīt large enough to sustain the virus, coughing out larger particles or sneezing would.

An article..https://www.livescience.com/how-coro...s-spreads.html

Unlike some extremely contagious pathogens, the virus is not thought to spread via smaller droplets that can remain airborne for long periods of time. Measles, for example, can live in the air for hours after an infected person coughs or sneezes. This is not currently believed to be the case for SARS-CoV-2.
    he new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 appears to be fairly easily spread. But the good news is that it's not among the most transmissible diseases out there.

The new coronavirus spreads mostly through person-to-person contact within about a 6-foot (1.8 meters) radius, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). People with COVID-19, which is the disease caused by the coronavirus, spread viral particles through coughing and sneezing. The particles can land in the mouths or noses of those nearby.

It might also be possible to catch SARS-CoV-2 by touching a surface where the virus has recently landed and then touching one's mouth, nose or eyes, but CDC officials believe this method of transmission is less common. Some coronaviruses can live on surfaces for days, but not much is known about the new coronavirus' ability to survive on surfaces. Fortunately, ethanol, hydrogen-peroxide or bleach-based cleaners are effective at killing those coronaviruses that do survive on surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    On the original interview I posted in this thread with Joe Rogan the virus reseacher in the interview says it is in fact mostly transferred through the air from what they are learning but from surfaces as well. It's a really long interview so I think it was in the long version of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

It seems to be highly contagious and spreads at an exponential rate.
    Again...not airborne, transmitted through coffing and sneezing comfirmed...just by breathing next to you on the side..who knows, they still say itīs not airborne.
    Either there is a lot of confusion, some are right some are wrong...or the experts simply do not know.

Nuke the entire site from orbit..only way to be sure.

Article...
    "Is coronavirus airborne like measles?

The jury is out. As of Thusday, it did not appear to be an airborne virus in the same vein as measles or chickenpox, said Luis Ostrosky, a professor and vice chairman of internal medicine at McGovern Medical School in Houston, Texas. “It’s a virus that travels in droplets. This is very good news. With an airborne virus, one person could infect the whole room.”

Now for the bad news: Airborne transmission is “plausible,” according to a study (that has not been peer reviewed) posted online this week from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California, Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health. The researchers concluded that the virus could remain airborne for “up to 3 hours post aerosolization.”

In the meantime, officials recommend “social distancing” in public spaces. “You would need to touch contaminated secretions to become infected, or to be within six feet of a sick person who is coughing or sneezing,” Ostrosky said. “Studies have looked at how far spit and little droplets fly, and that’s the magic number.” Meeting in outdoor spaces, in theory, could give the virus less of a chance to spread."

Full article..
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/is...-19-2020-03-12

Please donīt cough...

hard to read... please choose another color

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Norway "ShutDown" today

probably 50% of Norway is not at work
    Companies are going bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

hard to read... please choose another color

Why on earth are you using white background? thatīs not the way the dark side works
    Donīt you make me attack you with the Icon virus often showing up from you

Just change template temporarely, so I donīt have to mess with it...not gonna change it.
    Im gonna use cyan and orange in the future..white backgrounds doesnīt do justice to any colored text at all, simply ..text doesnīt become highlighted since there is no background to highlight them against.

Alternatively, just keep word or wps fusion (which I use) Opened and paste the text you have a hard time to read, and change itīs color there.

Most importantly, stay healthy and safe Erikals.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Norway "ShutDown" today

probably 50% of Norway is not at work
    Companies are going bankrupt
    Our prime minister says they can afford every measure they have to take..sort of, money is no problem, still comforting all worried with fairy tales.

ah, this means War...  

Most importantly, stay healthy and safe Erikals.
    Thanks, you too.  

not impossible this means more LightWave time...

Last edited by erikals; 03-12-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Nope..but I donīt think Maranders thesis about it had that backed up either, if he has he can of course correct me.
    Just based on scientist / virologist interviews and report, not a WHO source. As far as I understood not airborne but can be transmitted with tiny fluid particles within a certain distance and time from breath.

Also an intersting report mentioned that the virus might already have mutated but uncertain in what way / effect.

I'm very surprised it already got to Scandinavia is this amount and short time.

However, all the best health to all Wavers wherever they animate and render!

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Over here in southern New Hampshire I went into the Market Basket grocery store and it was like the world was going to end. Full carts everywhere. Lines on both sides of the store from the back of the store to the front where an employee was directing the traffic flow. I went over to him with my normal cart of 4 items and asked about the 12 items or less isle and he said "go right in, sir". I zipped through the line of hundreds of carts and was 2nd in line. Chatted with a normal couple behind me about the whole panic silliness. Some people had the look of "OMG he doesn't know". Oh well.

Steve-o

PS> I still gotta drive my truck into Boston everyday. Was supposed to come in early tomorrow for a delivery to the Boston Garden but they called us to say they're closing for a few days and to not bring any deliveries. So it's starting to impact my wallet slowly.
    Last edited by scallahan1; 03-12-2020 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added PS

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast