Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corona Virus

Just heard that Denmark are closing all public schools,pre-schools and educational institutions, might be a good Idea I wish our swedish government should do as well, in conjuction of banning larger crowds and removing the qualifying period for the sickness benefits to make people stay at home when they are feeling ill.

Just watched the most recent press conference from our government, and only now..it seems that the primeminister has woken up to realize that it is a very serious situation, which he also is stressing very much..so finally a completly different look from him ..as they seem to realize they canīt continue to say..we shouldnīt be worried.

And as such..I also think they should close schools for a while.

And letīs keep track on it....and hope Milla Jovovich is out there kicking..

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

In Poland yesterday morning 20 infected, today morning 44 infected. First cases "imported" from Italy and Germany, now starting spreading... All school, kindergarten etc. is closed for two weeks. My company is preparing for remote work from monday.
    Last edited by MarcusM; 03-12-2020 at 02:04 AM.

US just closed all passenger flights from most of the EU countries for 30 days.
    Download my free Legato plugin for CA in LightWave
    Pose- and Motion Libraries, tools to structure your story/poses/performances, X-sheet I/O, audio analysis, hotspot item selection, ...

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Yep I personally find it a good move, although I might have to cancel my upcoming California trip unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusM View Post
    In Poland yesterday morning 20 infected, today morning 44 infected. First cases "imported" from Italy and Germany, now starting spreading... All school, kindergarten etc. is closed for two weeks. My company is preparing for remote work from monday.
    Probably too late as the drastic increase will come in 2-3 weeks in Europe in my opinion. and the virus will be around for many months. Also closing school will expose elderly more since they might be the ones taking care of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    Yeah, cold and flu season is a drag. The media seems to be stoking people up a bit. "Fear is the mind killer" Though if you are 90, or already dying, a cold or flu can be your body killer. Still that happens every year, circle of life and all. Don't worry.
    Get informed. That is not flu and if it will spread like flu there will be a multitude of lethal cases. We're just at the beginning now.

---
    Last edited by vncnt; 03-12-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    Download my free Legato plugin for CA in LightWave
    Pose- and Motion Libraries, tools to structure your story/poses/performances, X-sheet I/O, audio analysis, hotspot item selection, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Probably too late as the drastic increase will come in 2-3 weeks in Europe in my opinion. and the virus will be around for many months. Also closing school will expose elderly more since they might be the ones taking care of the kids.
    I donīt agree on this, I think the risc of kids spreading the infection around Generally is far higher than elderly getting exposed to their specific kids, and if any family has a common sense of responisbility, if they see their kids being sick..they donīt let their elderly take care of the kids.

Now norway as denmark also decided to close the shools, sweden doesnīt ..which I feel is the wrong decision to take, the state epidemic expert just says...no need to close down unecessary..blah.
    They will have a meeting with their nordic collegues, maybe they change their mind, I think they will have to do it anyway soon..so why not as soon as possible.

Our primeminister emphazises the importance of Everyones responsibility, to make sure if you are sick with these symtoms...donīt go out and meet others.

Ireland has announced today that schools and colleges will be closed for two weeks, will the UK follow suit? I somehow doubt it but you never know. I work in a University with many foreign students (including a large contingent of Chinese) so it's really quite a surprise we haven't had an official case of it here yet.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

Quote Originally Posted by adrian View Post
    Ireland has announced today that schools and colleges will be closed for two weeks, will the UK follow suit? I somehow doubt it but you never know. I work in a University with many foreign students (including a large contingent of Chinese) so it's really quite a surprise we haven't had an official case of it here yet.
    Closing colleges/universities has its own risk, as most students must leave campus and travel to their homes in various parts of the world...offering more possibility for viral spread. I have a student on her way back home now. We're preparing a bed for her in the garage. There's no need to bring that viral risk into the home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    ...Watch this interview with this infectious disease expert with Joe Rogan to get a better idea of the impending storm this virus will cause...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw
    As a consumer of a lot of media on this topic, this interview is the most comprehensive. It's definitely worth a listen.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Now I just have to question is that to protect the spread in the US or Europe? Or maybe it's to prevent both from intermingling? A growing number of Canadians returning from trips to the US recently tested positive so the spread it likely huge.

In my opinion the number of the cases that likely exist in the US is way higher than they currently have confirmed or estimate which is likely somewhat the same in Europe and even here in Canada.
    Last edited by Nicolas Jordan; 03-12-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Tom hanks just got the infection and his wife Rita wilson.
    Ya heard that as well. Many more celebrities will likely have it soon as well since most of them are very social since that's a large part of what they do.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast