Thread: Bullet Dynamics Not Available?

Bullet Dynamics Not Available?

I normally use windows and have an imac that I am using temporarily and I cannot use bullet dynamics with my mac lightwave install. I don't think it is just a mac issue but I have scanned the plugin directory and don't know why it is not allowing me to use it. The buttons are greyed out. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 9.41.49 AM.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	147032

Frequenter
    Have you tried the "usual" clearing the config file? And then re-scan the plugin folder
    It looks that way when LW still has the menu branch but canīt find the matching *.p file.

I have not tried that yet. I will give that a go when I get back to the imac later today.

How do you clear the config files? I have never had to do this before that I can recall.

LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

There's more missing than just Bullet, after you reset configs if all that doesn't reappear as it was before, you might also have to re-add the native plugins. Let us know if the config reset alone doesn't fix the issue, and we can help you re-add everything.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    ...you might also have to re-add the native plugins...
    Indeed, but it's probably more than "might"...it's likely essential. I'd rescan my plugins folder (which will update the configs) before choosing to blow up (reset) the configs. Resetting configs should be a last resort if you've done a lot of customization (without config backups).

To rescan plugins:

Hit [Alt F11]... and then scan your plugin directory. The default plugins are in the LW installation folder, under "support->plugins".
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Deleting configs seemed to fix it. Thank you everyone. I am not a mac user normally but for a game we make I needed to use one so I thought it might be easy to use for lightwave videos as well but mac is testing me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Indeed, but it's probably more than "might"...it's likely essential.
    Resetting the configs turns on plugin autoscan, and deleting the extension cache forces an autoscan. That likely explains why the issue disappeared upon config reset, and was why I used "might" instead of "must".

Why the extension cache can get to the state that it blocks autoscan from picking up valid native plugins is a whole different question, and one I really wish they'd put more effort into figuring out. Nuking the extension cache usually resolves that issue, thankfully.

Unfortunately, not everyone who "deletes configs" follows those instructions -- many leave the extension cache, perpetuating the problem even though they believe they've "reset the configs" (because they haven't really reset all the configs).
    Last edited by jwiede; 03-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti