Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: Updated DP Text Gen

  1. #16
    Electron wrangler jwiede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,780
    Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    ...but seems that Multithreading in Pixel Filter NE is crashy with VPR,
    so it is limited here, as I can see VPR screen coordinates are strange.
    Are you seeing this with "camera-associated" VPR views? Or just with "non-camera" VPR views (f.e. perspective)?

    I could kind of envision how "non-camera" VPR views lack of "full camera definitions" might result in screen coordinate oddities. However, if that's what is occurring, then I would expect "camera-based" VPR views to be free of the issue(s).

    They're clearly "synthesizing" some camera params for those views (enough for the render engine to function), but perhaps not enough to cover all PFNE scenarios, etc. in those cases.

    Just a hypothesis.
    Last edited by jwiede; 03-29-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

  2. #17
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,266
    Thanks denis, have yet to try it in lw 2019.1.5
    Perhaps linking directly to the plugin? here on the thread.

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Are you seeing this with "camera-associated" VPR views?...
    Yes, I'm speaking of VPR in Camera View,
    If you try to add an image in PFNE, you can see it is able to maintain correct margins
    matching the ratio of the image, not the image itself,
    but I think it is just not filling the coordinates properly,
    the calculation is bit complicated with the major side of the view,
    the ratio and addition of horizontal or vertical margins,
    but doable like a OGL projection image in Light view.

    From the beginning of VPR story, it often minimized
    initializations for speed reason I suppose, until
    a specific need is reported.

    There's also irregular internal time update.

    I fixed the DP Filter crash issue I mentioned above,
    tried to add a TimeCode counter in PFNE with VPR,
    moved it to compensate the coordinate issue,
    but it is not updated correctly,
    with an Offset envelope it is set to last frame see below.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc_VPR.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	147184


    Denis.
    Last edited by dpont; 03-30-2020 at 01:09 AM.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,138
    Found an issue in DP Text Gen module, 2018 version only,
    I fixed broken Character Info node.

    Sorry, really annoying since I posted mainly around node trees
    using this Info node.


    Denis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •