Thread: Remote control of powerpoint... over Internet

Remote control of powerpoint... over Internet

I need to design workflows for remote medical conferences that have been canceled due to covid-19. These folks have powerpoint decks that are submitted in advance and need to run on our equipment while they connect via skype.

Question: What is the best way for the remote presenter to operate the slide deck? I have access to my firewall and can forward ports etc. I'd prefer to not require a client install on the remote side. I'm working with about 650 medical folks around the world. The less we ask of them for computer config the better.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and guidance,

Joe
    Blaze Streaming Media
    www.blazestreaming.com

I look at using Webex or GoToMeeting, have the PowerPoint system give control of the mouse and keyboard to the remote presenter.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have setup a chrome remote desktop doing get remote support. You get a code and send it to the client who puts that into the give support section of the site. They can now see and control the power point computer remotely without firewall work and I haven't had an issue with remote guests not having chrome to date. Free.

https://remotedesktop.google.com/support

You might want to check out TeamViewer portable. Doesn't install and can be run from a memory stick.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Thank you for the ideas. I'm going to run these through some testing and confident we will land on something.

Cheers!

Joe
    Blaze Streaming Media
    www.blazestreaming.com

We build custom automation solutions for Power Point, TriCaster and much more. So you can have macros with control of those devices and others as needed. Follow the link below for more information and reach out to discuss more.
    Master Control... One Touch Does it All and Much More...
    http://mastercontrol.youngmonkey.ca

NewTek Authorized Reseller