Thread: Newtek dissapointment...

Newtek dissapointment...

I'm growing more and more dissapointed with Newtek.
    Here in the UK we have zero support, sometimes I can get an online chat from 3pm but increasingly I find I need to be a computer engineer to make all this work.
    Today I powered up my TC-mini hdmi and all the inputs are black - pull a lead out and they go blue so it knows something is there but hey-ho.
    Seems fine over NDI but I need to get this fixed.
    We have x2 minis, a TC410, a VS4000, about 16 cameras and none of it works without grumbling...
    I paid $1000 dollars for AE3 and for what? I only wanted the Ultra Keyer and find I need to pay $100 a month for it to unlock! wtf!

My boss wants me to drop the PO on a TC1 as well...

I need the weekend to start...

Yeah, the subscription thing is something that I think still needs to be sorted out. In some instances (Adobe) it works. In a mission critical piece of gear, I am not so sure. I am not familiar with the Minis, but do they have a driver for a video card? Have you checked it? Have you run the NewTek updater? Have you tried a new session?

I completely restored the TC mini today. No joy on the inputs, I think it’s had it.
    I need to find out how to get it assessed for repair or just make it an NDi only box.

Can do you do a video loopback test? Connect the output of the Mini to one of it own inputs. Put a clip in the DDR and then put that DDR on program output?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I will do this first thing on Monday Kane.

Okay Kane, I have done this and when I play a ddr it does loop back - all seems to be well until I try to use a PTZ1 camera.
    None of the hdmi ports are working with a camera.
    At first I thought all my cameras were borked as I could not get an image when plugged directly into a monitor. Then I remembered the monitors don't refresh as low as 25p
    so I upped the camera output to 60 and all was fine.
    Next I went back to 25p and plugged directly into an older plasma screen that I knew would support the camera and bing. All 4 cameras working fine at 25p.

What could have happened to my mini? it's 2.5 years old and a massive investment for my small department.

How do I get this fixed in the UK - any help appreciated

What exact video format is the PTZ1 camera set to?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

We use PAL 25P...

The plot doth thicken!

I set everything back up as usual with the intent of using NDI.
    I have x2 audio embedders on HDMI 1&2 so I can input x4 radio lapel mics into the mix and have independant control through the mini.
    This works well for my needs.
    After setting it all back I thought I'd try again through HDMI but nothing from blue to black and thats all.
    This morning when I arrived at work I powered up and it's all back! WOW!
    Or more to the point, WTF?
    I have tested through the embedders and direct into the camera and all is as it should be. (excluding HDMI 3 input but this has never worked)

It must be Gremlins...

Make Your Films Effective DiscreetFX's Avatar
    Or instead of Gremlins it might be Windows. It's great that everything is working for you now. NewTek makes great hardware & software products.
    DiscreetFX Team
    http://www.discreetfx.com
    Making Your Digital Films More Effective!