Thread: Powerpoint in Presenter Mode & Full Screen options?

Powerpoint in Presenter Mode & Full Screen options?

Thinking out loud here, and for an external set of eyes & brain to help think something thru. We do conferences in a fairly large auditorium (100-200 ppl) about the size of a high school gym, but professional environment. Previously, we had out laptop at the podium, and speakers would use the clicker to cycle thru the slides. In between speakers tho we have our staff kinda walk up, fumble thru the laptop to close out the PPT and load up either a On Break set of slides, or maybe a promo or video. It's not terrible, but there's talk it looks a bit amatuerish, and we want to control the slides and projectors view from the back. (Also, some less savvy speakers wish to show a youtube video or something and have trouble bringing it up).

We use Wirecast, and have a Connect Spark. We are thinking of using the Powerpoint laptop in to the Connect Spark, and then Wirecast grabs it for our online viewers as Picture In Picture (this we currently do & is A Okay). Then place a laptop up front, and use Studio Monitor for the speaker to view the powerpoint. And from there, HDMI out to the projector.

However, inevitably, some speakers are going to need/want to see their PPT in Presenter View, and see notes about their speech. It is not our auditorium, and we only get in about 6:30am for an 8am start, and we do not have access to the projector from the back, its hanging high up & fixed, with the HDMI input cable at the front. If we send Presenter View to the podium via Studio Monitor, it then outputs Presenter View to the Projector. There seem to be things like Birddog Mini however if the Powerpoint HDMIs out Full Screen to it, likely it will full screen to the podium.

Logistically, can anyone conceive a way to pull this off? We're thinking some form of screenshare (GotoAssist) for the podium to view the PPT Laptops Presenter View screen, while HDMI out is Full Screen to the Monitor. Or, maybe via OBS using NDI.
    Lastly, 2 laptops with NDI Scan Converter on would not see each other, right?

Hello,

I've already said this in thread below:

You just need this: https://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-...mulator-p11500

You can set a permanent resolution.

You can output HDMI to projector.

Also you can capture both screens if you are using NDI!
    TY!

Gear: 5 Tricaster TC1; 1 NC1 Studio Input Module; 1 Panasonic AV-HLC100; 18 Panasonic AW-UE70; 3 Panasonic AW-UE150; 6 BirdDog Studio NDI

I've been using one of these heavily for over a year: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have NDI Scan Converter set to run automatically on bootup, and a few times in the year have had to exit and relaunch it to pick up the second output, probably a timing issue I could fix by delaying Scan Converters launch for a few seconds, but apart from that it has worked flawlessly.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I've been using one of these heavily for over a year: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have NDI Scan Converter set to run automatically on bootup, and a few times in the year have had to exit and relaunch it to pick up the second output, probably a timing issue I could fix by delaying Scan Converters launch for a few seconds, but apart from that it has worked flawlessly.
    Thanks, what exactly is that, a wireless HDMI connector? Doesn't scan converter work independent of having one of these.

That aside, the projector is overhead & we do not really have access to it (ladder/liability issues) to plug something in. @RSilva, for some reason when I click that link it pastes with the ... included, and leads to a 404 Not Found page. Are you able to repost with url?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasnow View Post
    Thanks, what exactly is that, a wireless HDMI connector?
    Nothing to do with wireless; it's an HDMI monitor emulator. To your graphics card, it looks just like a monitor, which creates the second display to host things like PowerPoint's presentation screen, etc. And naturally Scan Converter makes that virtual second screen available as an NDI source.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")