Thread: NDI Studio no video but has audio

NDI Studio no video but has audio

This is a weird one. Reminds me of when we had to change the .ini file to get overlay to work. Computer Specs below
    NDI Studio Ver 4 loads the studio and receives audio, but only shows green screen on video. I'm simply trying to display our NDI output on a local computer on the same Gigabit LAN. Could not get VLC to decode, but suspect it has encode and no decode. Maybe someone knows how to get VLC to decode and display.

So Studio has sound and green screen for video
    NDI test pattern Ver 4 crashes with the following error:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Application.Network.TestPatterns.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5e45db8b
    Fault Module Name: Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll
    Fault Module Version: 4.1.6.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5e45db06
    Exception Code: c000001d
    Exception Offset: 0000000000bab64a
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 16a6
    Additional Information 2: 16a64011e9427dfff697afa4c86d841b
    Additional Information 3: a4c8
    Additional Information 4: a4c8bb0ef04e858c1479ab66be8c00c1

Tried Ver 3.6 NDI Tools and get test pattern to another machine for 20+ hours, but Studio 3.6 crashes with this error:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Application.Network.StudioMonitor.x64.exe
    Application Version: 3.6.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5b580b37
    Fault Module Name: Application.Network.StudioMonitor.x64.exe
    Fault Module Version: 3.6.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5b580b37
    Exception Code: c000001d
    Exception Offset: 000000000053fdcb
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 1ee0
    Additional Information 2: 1ee092440bf7aac5428f9257921782a1
    Additional Information 3: b72b
    Additional Information 4: b72b6fc4d6af5792c99d216a12a03bf2
    Cleaned everything out and tried several things nothing allows it to display the video. Updated all drivers, no virus, no malware, no spyware, nothing unusual, DX updated, very basic setup. Output to one external monitor, not using laptop monitor on Dell D620

System: Win 7 Ultimate SP1 all updates, turned off everything I didn't need. Plenty of HD space, and swap space set to 5Gb on separate partition.
    CPU Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T7200 @2.0 GHz, 4096 KB cache, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EMT 64, VT-x
    CPU 12%, Physical RAM 50%, network .35%
    GPU Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M, Memory 128 MB actual; used dedicated 19MB, Dynamic 25MB

RAM 2x 2GB = 4GB
    Gigabit Ethernet to a switch to the other PC, running almost the same specs, but RAM 16Gb and CPU i7. Network is empty except for these two devices.

Any ideas on how to get Studio monitor 4 to display the video?
    Thanks

Tried many items, still no video

Update 3-8-2020
    I formatted and did a fresh install of Win7 on this Dell D820, even swapped RAM.
    Loaded new bios, and all the updates and drivers

NDI studio still plays audio, but with no video. Even tried using the overlay to see if it would show video. Only displays a green screen
    NDI test pattern still crashes and gives the same error with the library

I've given up on it, and am looking for something else to use to display our broadcast internally at the studio

If someone has any brilliant ideas I'll give them a try. It is the exact same problem I've experienced with Nvidia (still use them) cards
    in the past where it has trouble with overlay. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this one with Studio Monitor.

That system is very old, the CPU and GPU are both released from 2006 (14 years ago!), I wouldn't be surprised that it doesn't have what is needed to run NDI applications. NDI will run on a lot of systems, but typically I would put the cutoff at systems about 10 years old from now.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes it is old but according to the specs it meets them

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    That system is very old, the CPU and GPU are both released from 2006 (14 years ago!), I wouldn't be surprised that it doesn't have what is needed to run NDI applications. NDI will run on a lot of systems, but typically I would put the cutoff at systems about 10 years old from now.
    Yes, I agree it is old. Thank you for your reply, I guess I didn't realize this computer was that old. I figured it is running Win7 64 bit it can't be that bad.
    According to the specs on the web site it should run Studio Monitor. Please consider updating the minimum specs on the web site, including the requirement for SSE3, SSSE3 and the minimum graphics specs required.

I still think it is a problem with the Quadro drivers and how it handles overlay. There have been several "standards" over the years on handling overlay, and it looks like the Nvidia ones are not the same one that Newtek uses.

Since there are no other inexpensive ways to use NDI for a local studio monitor the only option is to use older computers. I have a stack of them, both desktops and laptops. This was my second choice as I quickly discovered that SSE3, SSSE3 was required when I loaded NDI 4.x on a Win7 machine and was given that error message. Also the requirement for SSEx is not listed in the specs on the web site.

I chose to try this one second because it had SSE3, SSSE3, and it had it's own graphics card. I thought I'd have better success with one that had it's own graphics card vs an integrated graphics card.

I was also surprised that the Test Pattern Ver 4.x crashes when it is running on Win7 64bit. I can only conclude that Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll has a dependency on another library that is not available. It could also be in the way it was compiled, or that there is a bug in Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll library. I found it particularity odd that 3.6 library for Test Pattern ran correctly, but 4.x crashes.

In fact at one point I had Test Pattern 3.6 running and was able to receive on another computer running NDI Studio. I never got Studio to run in either 3.6 or 4.x

It was even more odd that Studio Monitor 3.6 crashes, while 4.x ran but only gives a green screen.

Updating the web site with better minimum specs would help others in determining if it will run. Of course loading and trying doesn't take that much time either.