Thread: Quixel Mixer 2020 just released

Quixel Mixer 2020 just released

So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

None too happy about Quixel getting bought out by Epic... My work's firewall basically blocks anything at that refers even vaguely to games. So yeah... that definitely includes Epic.

So that sucks.

The upside is that you get free access to apps and content worth thousands of $ on any computer. Paid by gamers.
    Unreal Engine, TwinMotion, Octane Render, Quixel...

I'm just excited to have a real alternative to Adobe Substance. And it being a free alternative is even better.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    I'm just excited to have a real alternative to Adobe Substance. And it being a free alternative is even better.
    The way I understood the website is Mixer itself is free, but you subscribe to a "plan", based on your business level, which gets you X unique objects and textures per month, plus points.

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    The way I understood the website is Mixer itself is free, but you subscribe to a "plan", based on your business level, which gets you X unique objects and textures per month, plus points.
    only if you don't own an epic/unreal account, which is free up to about $100,000 a year, and you get access to all the content with that not just some, and the funny thing on top is, if you register all the content to your account for free, and then they decide to pull content because it doesn't meet standards (happens quite a bit) they refund you double the amount of points of that product!!! so ive managed to get all the content, and make a lot of spending points, without spending any cash!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Megascans are free to use in UE4 projects. You do have to purchase them on a subscription plan to use outside of UE4. For small shop/individuals, the Indie plan is not expensive though, and the points never expire.