Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lion King tips & tricks for modellers - MPC

Didn't think the laptop would handle any LAMH figures but found this little guy that it could.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prevost Squirrel LAMH-LW Test2.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	146971

Original Daz DUF - 192 Mb
    Exported FBX + Maps - 146 Mb + 35 Mb
    Exported OBJ + Maps - 1.17 Gb + 35 Mb

LWO's Extracted from FBX - 408 Mb

So, you're looking at 150Mb Zipped with the FBX route. Don't think the forum would take that. What I can do though is simply post it on WeTransfer. It would be there for 10 days or so.
    Let me know.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    ... simply post it on WeTransfer. It would be there for 10 days or so.
    You have to know for yourself but I wouldn't distribute copyrighted DAZ content, exported meshes or materials. DAZ content is only allowed to be published in 2D rendered form or when you have an interactive license for that model as object within a game for example.

For anyone interested, that squirrel / rodent from Alessandro and LAMH are available for a low price (except I'm mistaken and it's your own model).

https://www.daz3d.com/rodent-base-by-am
    https://www.daz3d.com/rodents-by-am-...ern-hemisphere
    https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair
    https://www.daz3d.com/lamh-2-iray-catalyzer
    Last edited by Marander; 02-28-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Guys...we do not have to overcomplicate it.
    If you simply make a sphere grow some strands, export it to obj...that would be fine, only requirement is a little more than this..

Wouldnīt be any copyright problems with that either.
    And I donīt wont to face a slow loading of the obj etc..so a simple thing would be best.

I just want to check either direct lw import, or use blender and hairnet to convert it to particle hair, which then would allow to send back to lightwave..if the first lw import doesnīt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    You have to know for yourself but I wouldn't distribute copyrighted DAZ content, exported meshes or materials. DAZ content is only allowed to be published in 2D rendered form or when you have an interactive license for that model as object within a game for example.

For anyone interested, that squirrel / rodent from Alessandro and LAMH are available for a low price (except I'm mistaken and it's your own model).

https://www.daz3d.com/rodent-base-by-am
    https://www.daz3d.com/rodents-by-am-...ern-hemisphere
    https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair
    https://www.daz3d.com/lamh-2-iray-catalyzer
    Sure, but the generated hair objects aren't.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB DDR4-2666

Alrighty prometheus, give this a try. A bit more than Homer here.

DazLAMHTestr.zip

Good, the board accepted it. I included both FBX and OBJ assets along with the DAZ duf file in case you get curious as it has the Rman curves generated by the LAMH editor.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB DDR4-2666

Alrighty prometheus, give this a try. A bit more than Homer here.

DazLAMHTestr.zip

Good, the board accepted it. I included both FBX and OBJ assets along with the DAZ duf file in case you get curious as it has the Rman curves generated by the LAMH editor.
    Thanks,
    Though it was too many strands, blender choked when applying hairnet.
    And the strands are just straight, would be nice with curved or segmented strands slightly.

Anyway..went in to lightwave and selected only a few strands of those, deleted the rest, then tried both obj and lwo, but I think there is one that works better than the other, it was a while since I used hairnet, will have to take a closer look tomorrow.
    Had to do strandmaker for it to work a little in lighwave, but itīs not correct still.
    sent it to blender and hairnet sort of works in the terms that I get something going on, but not as it should be.

The fiberfx is following the LAMH strands, but is not correctly ending, and same with blender, it creates particle hair based on the fiber strands from LAMH..and follows it correctly, but not ending correctly.

Have to look at this tomorrow, or tonight I should say...I screwed up my dayrythm today again...blah.

Ah...the strands may need to be copied as edges, currenly in edge mode it is showned as 2 polys.
    Processing is also needed with strandmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Thanks,
    Though it was too many strands, blender choked when applying hairnet.
    And the strands are just straight, would be nice with curved or segmented strands slightly.

Anyway..went in to lightwave and selected only a few strands of those, deleted the rest, then tried both obj and lwo, but I think there is one that works better than the other, it was a while since I used hairnet, will have to take a closer look tomorrow.
    Had to do strandmaker for it to work a little in lighwave, but itīs not correct still.
    sent it to blender and hairnet sort of works in the terms that I get something going on, but not as it should be.

The fiberfx is following the LAMH strands, but is not correctly ending, and same with blender, it creates particle hair based on the fiber strands from LAMH..and follows it correctly, but not ending correctly.

Have to look at this tomorrow, or tonight I should say...I screwed up my dayrythm today again...blah.
    I can do that quickly. I just used the default.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB DDR4-2666

Try this ...

NuBaldy.zip

Oh, and which format are you using; the obj or fbx?

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB DDR4-2666

Try this ...

NuBaldy.zip

Oh, and which format are you using; the obj or fbx?
    Milk and cookies got you awake hey ..didnīt I say I have to jump the sack, now I of course have to prolong that ony to test it again
    Using obj.

I screwed up my dayrythm today again...blah.
    Might be better off just staying awake...  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

Might be better off just staying awake...  
    Usually that is what I do to prolong it back to the right track..but not like this when I am about to almost pass out, what I need to do now is to sleep as long as I can, and up in the middle of the night, then awake as long as I can again, etc..after a couple of days I am back on the right track ..temporarely, the problem is that the body hasnīt been programmed right during long phases of the same rythm, so even if I get back on track..it is so easy to go back wrong again, and while sleeping, I am not sleeping deeply enough...due to the weird rythm.

For trying to get LAMH in to Lightwave and blender, Welll, itīs not working out well, may give up on it for a while..something is whacky.
    First of all I would need a better mesh to particle hair in blender than hairnet, and for lightwave itīs not much of use either I think, I rather just draw and style in houdini, then blender process it.

In fact lightwave could handle it better, but there is something wrong with it though it seems ok at first glance.

And for blender, hairnet can not have different length in segmetn strands, which is a huge limitation...so this last version seem not to work at all due to probably different segmenth length.

for the samples, they where better as I wanted them almost, except still to many strands, there should only be something around 50-200 strands (it is 6249..Way too much) and the strands is way to low segmented, they should be
    more segmented for round strands.

Jumping back to bed now.

about to almost pass out
       

even if I get back on track..it is so easy to go back wrong again, and while sleeping, I am not sleeping deeply enough...due to the weird rhythm.
    yeah, been there. too often.
    if you manage, take a short nap.
    Last edited by erikals; 02-29-2020 at 02:36 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12