Thread: Create a new streaming profile.

Create a new streaming profile.

We webcast Continuing Education through a third party provider and have been working in 1080i and streaming in 640x360 as this is what the provider allows. They have recently upped their servers and we can now broadcast a little better quality at 854x480 and also bump up our bit rate a bit. I don't see any streaming profiles for 854x480. They go from 640x360 to 720p and higher. Is there a way to create a custom profile that the Tricaster will be able to use. If I remember once I created a custom profile in Adobe Media Encoder that a bit rate different than the tricaster allowed and it worked. Can you create one with different resolutions or are we locked into the ones pre-defined in the Tricaster? We have a 460 with Advanced Edition.

Thanks,
    Philip Hinkle
    State Bar of Wisconsin

TriCaster 460 and Certified Operator
    JVC GY-HM750 2-4 cams

In AE3, you can create streaming profiles directly in the TriCaster live desktop.

In AE2 and earlier, you have to use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder to creator profiles and then import those into the system. This article is on Standard Editions systems, but Advanced Edition should pretty similar.
    https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...Flash-Profiles
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    In AE3, you can create streaming profiles directly in the TriCaster live desktop.

In AE2 and earlier, you have to use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder to creator profiles and then import those into the system. This article is on Standard Editions systems, but Advanced Edition should pretty similar.
    https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...Flash-Profiles
    Thankls, I was hoping I could do that and it would be ok. I will give that a try.

Thanks again for the help.
    Philip Hinkle
    State Bar of Wisconsin

TriCaster 460 and Certified Operator
    JVC GY-HM750 2-4 cams