Thread: Powerpoint & presenter view

Powerpoint & presenter view

This one seems strange to me, so hoping someone has an idea why. When I connect my laptop to my Mini for recording a PPT, we can't seem to make it work correctly with the presenter view. The standard presentation looks fine on the laptop, but on the Mini and on the pass-through to a projector, the slides are squished top and bottom. The display drivers are fine and are set correctly as far as I can see. There is no problem with the standard presentation view, but some people really like to see their notes when talking. Any thoughts or am I missing something simple?

TIA

Could it be automatically happening in the laptop?
    For example, when I run my teleprompter software from our laptop and attach to the teleprompter, the laptop display resolution decreases.
    When I run PowerPoint from my 2 monitor desktop and connect each monitor to different inputs on the Tricaster through NDI, it works fine.
    Are you using a two monitor setup on the laptop?
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

I'm not, so that may be it. I run the HDMI out to the Mini, then use the Mini to the projector. I can check that, and it wouldn't surprise me if that would fix it. My laptop hates when I connect things differently and tends to connect how it wants to, not how I want it to.

Thanks

Try with this: https://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-...mulator-p11500

You can set a permanent resolution.

Also you can capture both screens if you are using NDI
    TY!

Gear: 5 Tricaster TC1; 1 NC1 Studio Input Module; 1 Panasonic AV-HLC100; 18 Panasonic AW-UE70; 3 Panasonic AW-UE150; 6 BirdDog Studio NDI

Sorry I'm a bit late here, but on the presenters laptops try right clicking on Windows are, and select Display Settings. I believe you want Extend This Display, which it likely is. Make sure your other settings seem proper, such as 1920x1080, and 100% view. I would think all these are set. How off are they, just a few pixels of 5% or so, hopefully text is leaving a buffer or padding around the edges. Also, are you sure it isn't a 4x3 or 16x9 issue?