Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's hope that LW2020 is _______________.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post

I've noticed the rather abrupt decline of communication from Newtek as well.
    Suspecting that it could be due to the efforts of working with Lightwave, and perhaps also with that, the new merger which means they need to get settled with that...and finding the right foot that fits chucks shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Fill in the blank time? How about Actually Released?

I've noticed the rather abrupt decline of communication from Newtek as well.
    Last time they stopped communicating... well, let's hope that isn't a sign of history repeating itself. Again.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Last time they stopped communicating... well, let's hope that isn't a sign of history repeating itself. Again.
    I prefer to take it as a sign that they trying to complete several long-term strategic goals, rather than aiming for short-term near targets.

Sometimes when you are three quarters of the way through a long-term goal, it seems like you will be finished quickly; but then you realize you have underestimated how much is actually left to do or how labor-intensive it is.

I recently watched a video discussing the lack of communication from a game company before they announced a reboot of one of their games. The creator of the video claims he has background in communication. He believes the toxic attitude from the gamers contributed to the game company's decision to stop responding to the consumer so they can focus on improving the product. I don't know if we've been just as bad towards NewTek but it says a lot about what our online culture has done.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 x 2 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    I recently watched a video discussing the lack of communication from a game company before they announced a reboot of one of their games. The creator of the video claims he has background in communication. He believes the toxic attitude from the gamers contributed to the game company's decision to stop responding to the consumer so they can focus on improving the product. I don't know if we've been just as bad towards NewTek but it says a lot about what our online culture has done.
    In my opinion, just a poor excuse...they can communicate their intentions without explaining in depth and thus engaging in toxic discussions or encourage it, just shutting down is simply a matter of neglecting communication all together, see how that goes in a relationship.

I donīt see any justification to not inform customers and communicate to a certain level about their product, and I can only see customers go away from the product when they feel the company doesnīt care about customer care.

Edit...blah, my english wasnīt on the right side today.

Current lack of communication probably related to the recent retirement of the chief communicator. Would be nice if there was a new spokesperson, but its probably not worth reading too much into the silence.

Meanwhile...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

Meanwhile...
    And we finally got the first snow (in stockholm the other day) not much but little, guess it passed over you first as well?)

I love wind sounds by the way, will grab this and experiment with overlays and pitch.

newteks gonna newtek

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    In my opinion, just a poor excuse...they can communicate their intentions without explaining in depth and thus engaging in toxic discussions or encourage it, just shutting down is simply a matter of neglecting communication all together, see how that goes in a relationship.

I donīt see any justification to not inform customers and communicate to a certain level about their product, and I can only see customers go away from the product when they feel the company doesnīt care about customer care.
    It's the same BS customer mistreatment that many here know all too well. Even their description shows they intended it punitively, thus exposing that their decision had NOTHING to do with whether it was the best answer to improve communication (it was entirely about "retribution against customers for perceived misdeeds"). For them to even try and hint it was done to better communications is so obviously false, it's laughable.

When a company reaches the point where it believes it has the right to (let alone, the ability to) "punish" customers -- as in, intentionally engage in negative interactions with customers intended to upset them -- it's basically time to close the doors. They're deliberately pursuing reductions in customer satisfaction levels, generally followed by them whining about how they cannot understand why it all "went to hell" right after they began thinking that way.

Customers are inherently a scarce resource.
    Last edited by jwiede; 02-27-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I don't see any justification to not inform customers and communicate to a certain level about their product, and I can only see customers go away from the product when they feel the company doesn't care about customer care.
    kinda, but NewTek has always had a minimal LightWave promotion policy.

just let time pass, watch a movie instead...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

just let time pass, watch a movie instead...
    Letīs hope the LW team doesnīt take your words literally on that.

It hasn't "always" been this way. In its heyday, Newtek promoted LW and communicated with customers both quite a bit more.

As they've marketed LW less and less (and communicated less and less), the customer base has eroded more and more. No surprises there.
    Last edited by jwiede; 02-27-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Meanwhile at Newtek ....

My hope LW 2020 will come soon as hopefully, but there is a clear no sure what is coming on this day cause Blender is a true and real competitor, it grows so fast after rewrites a fully system, and this Newtek needs to be in good position because Blender is becoming popular and free for all... I think they are working hard at Newtek and we will see what about is feature will be show it, maybe in March ? Or later depends of their resource and time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast