Thread: convert RTV file

convert RTV file

I have some old .rtv files kicking about. Is there a way to convert them to something that is usable on a modern system? I tried installing the Newtek codecs but that didn't help.

Aura
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

Aura.... I haven't heard of that one in a while. Didn't it change to Mirage at some point? Then they tried to jack the price. I haven't dealt with those wares in years. Anything around that runs on Win10?

Mirage is running on my Win 10 laptop. Probably need to make sure you have updated Sentinel driver.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

Quote Originally Posted by James Moore View Post
    Aura.... I haven't heard of that one in a while. Didn't it change to Mirage at some point? Then they tried to jack the price. I haven't dealt with those wares in years. Anything around that runs on Win10?
    Mirage will run in Win 10, if you have a dongle and licence key. It's been a long time, but it seems to me there was some option you had to select when installing to encode/decode RTVs ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hey James,

How many files do you have? I'm still running a VT5 system and could convert them for you possibly, if you don't come up with another plan.

Marty Davis
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI

Hey Steve, how are you? Fully Texan now I bet.

Being the pack rat that I am I dug through my archives and found my old Mirage install .exe and sitting right there with it was my notes with my unlock code. I also had vague memories of seeing that old red USB key lying about somewhere and I found it.

Installed Mirage, updated Sentinel Driver, slapped in my unlock code and Mirage is up and running and it loaded an RTV and I can export.

This old forum is great. Thanks guys!

Hey Steve, how are you? Fully Texan now I bet.
    Hi James. I haven't bought my western boots yet or taken up line dancing yet, but I do have a pickup (even if it is just a little one). How was the winter in TO?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It has been a pretty mild winter so far but we are supposed to get a big dump of snow tonight. I guess the Texan heat is a piece of cake when ensconced in a climate controled room tapping at a keyboard. Similarly, one hardly notices the cold.

My daughter spent a summer working at Disney World in Florida and came back with a passion for line dancing. The Canuck in you must run deep to have resisted so long.

Make Your Films Effective DiscreetFX's Avatar
    I'm thinking about getting a Cybertruck and moving to Texas in the next couple of years. I want to leave Chicago. Will that make me an unofficial Texan? Is Texan the right terminology to use? I've been to Texas twice this year already, what an awesome state!
    DiscreetFX Team
    http://www.discreetfx.com
    Making Your Digital Films More Effective!

The Canuck in you must run deep to have resisted so long.
    Probably says more about my lack of coordination than my citizenship.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator