Thread: Instant Replay and things I cant see

Instant Replay and things I cant see

Hi everyone,

I have a TC1 AE and I am looking to do instant replay for Esports and other sporting events. I have watched all the tutorials and it seems that I am missing or probably have not clicked the right buttons to get the MIX 1 button next to the record/Replay button. Any help on how to enable this would be pretty nice.

Thanks
    JP

That's likely because you're running 7-1, which has an entirely new replay workflow. I'd suggest a look through the manual, as it would take some time to rewrite here. Basically, to begin - enable Replay for selected sources, including outputs, in their individual configuration panels. Then look for corresponding new replay controls that appear right in the Switcher under PGM and PVW.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    That's likely because you're running 7-1, which has an entirely new replay workflow. I'd suggest a look through the manual, as it would take some time to rewrite here. Basically, to begin - enable Replay for selected sources, including outputs, in their individual configuration panels. Then look for corresponding new replay controls that appear right in the Switcher under PGM and PVW.
    Any idea when there will be some tutorials on the new method?

By default, pressing 1 thru 4 on the keypad will mark and replay from the MIX outputs.

However, I know that many people want to mark a replay only and not automatically have it playback. You can do this by entering the following macro command.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIX replay.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	146909

A value of 0 = MIX1, 1 = MIX2, etc.

I believe you have to be updated to the most current Rev 7-1 software for this new command to work. Enter it in and assign it to keyboard shortcuts and you are ready to go!
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Another approach, which let's you use the UI instead, is to assign the Mix(ed) output back to a Switcher input.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

thanks guys, I have it working now. Is there anyway to replay more than 10 sec? Although, this is adequate for 90% of the things we do, sometimes we need a longer record.

There's a qualifier key (I forget which one, maybe CTRL, but it's in the docs anyway) that doubles the predetermined clip length.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I do not understand why custom duration was removed from the UI but you can make a macro with:

replay_clip_duration

with a value of x seconds. In the config drop down you will see the options are no longer selected but when I just tried it when I used the replay buttons it pulled a 22 second replay (what I tested with). You will need to run this macro each time you start the session to apply the special duration.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    ... you will see the options are no longer selected but when I just tried it when I used the replay buttons it pulled a 22 second replay (what I tested with).
    Bearing in mind that you can do a 10 or 20 second replay on the fly without going to that trouble. But sure, to get that extra two secs, that should work.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Very true, but if you always want it to be a specific time every time, I think setting it specifically is the way to go And not having to press an a qualifier for the replays requested for the duration of the session. Wish it was still part of the UI that persisted session re-starts.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Very true, but if you always want it to be a specific time every time, I think setting it specifically is the way to go And not having to press an a qualifier for the replays requested for the duration of the session. Wish it was still part of the UI that persisted session re-starts.
    Thanks, I'll pass this along. I like the flexibility of the current approach, but I do see your point.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I will check the manual with that being said. Being able to double the time in case you need it is a pretty cool feature. I don't recall reading that but I haven't sat down as extensively with the new edition documentation yet. I always use macros to pull replays sorry I'm curious to try and see if it would still work.