Thread: FiberFX UI glitch

FiberFX UI glitch

Tracking down a UI glitch in the fiberFX panel:

Steps to recreate:
    1) Create an object with at least 2 surfaces on it.
    2) Send the object to FiberFX.
    3) Activate FiberFX on the object.
    4) click on the ">" to expand the surfaces dropdown list to apply FFX to a surface./

On my installation, the surface list does not expand until I resize the panel or otherwise cause it to redraw (such as having a second item in the UI and clicking on that).

Does this happen on anyone else's machine / installation? This has been happening to me since 2019.0.x, possibly earlier.

Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10 Pro 1903 18362.657, nVidia Geforce 980Ti Driver Ver 442.19, Lightywave 2019.1.5 (Build 3134)
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Yes, the same happens on my system, Windows 7, nVidia Geforce GT 650M, LW 2019.1.5. It also occurs when loading a scene with FiberFX the first time the panel is opened and the surface pulldown is expanded.

mTp

Thank you. I'll report it then in the morning, and point them at this thread as well.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Customer Support reports that they can reproduce it in 2019.1.5, but not in the current, internal code.

It has likely been addressed.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

I’ve been dealing with this for a week. I didn’t realize resizing the window was the key. I just clicked on stuff until it opened up- and a few swear words. Lol
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

You have to force the panel to update; resizing it forces an update, so does clicking on a second modeler object in the FiberFX UI.

I'm beginning to see what JWeide is talking about now; things like this should have been caught and corrected before the software shipped. I wonder how many more things like this I could find if I went looking?
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    I wonder how many more things like this I could find if I went looking?
    Oh don't get me started.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

In other words, "A Lot." <sigh>
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave