Thread: NDI Version Release Notes

NDI Version Release Notes

I just downloaded the latest NDI Tools and always compare the file size to see if anything has changed. If you go to "C:\Program Files\NewTek\NDI 4 Tools\Scan Converter", for example, right mouse and look at properties -> details tab - you'll see a version number. The last version I downloaded was 4.1.4 and the latest is 4.1.6. It would be great if there was a readme file next to the download page link or in the NDI 4 Tools directory where you can find out what has changed, been fixed or is still a pending issue.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Hi,

I totally agree!

You might forget aobut it, this is something Newtek was never able to do over the past years....

That's not entirely true - each version of the TriCaster Update comes out with a readme file that highlights what has been changed in the new version.

There are some notes in the NDI SDK, that apply to NDI as a whole and NDI Tools.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Registered User RichardGatarski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    There are some notes in the NDI SDK, that apply to NDI as a whole and NDI Tools.
    Well, for us that use the NDI Tools, but not the SDK, thatīs a not so good option

Seriously, a decent version system would make it possible for us to know what we use. As for example, in my case when filing bug reports. In particular because I recall that there was some kind of re-release of NDI Tools v4.0 if I remember it correctly.

Thanks!