Thread: NDIHX-PTZ1 Image bluring or halo

NDIHX-PTZ1 Image bluring or halo

The signal chain is NDIHZ-PTZ1 (Latest firmware, connected via Ethernet) into TriCasterMiniHD, which is on latest version of software. I have examined signal straight from camera, as well as through M/E, and the results are the same. As you can see in image, what appears to be haloing or blurring in the noted area.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture (Program) (8).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	146889

We are Working out of a TC 460 running AE an having the same problem out of 3 NDIHX-PTZ1 cameras. Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Blurring Examples

3 identical cameras, identical settings and signal path. Program 1 is the worst. Look at the vertical text, "ColorChecker" Could it just be a bad camera?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture (Program) (1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	146893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture (Program) (2).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	146894Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture (Program) (3).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	146895
    Last edited by mjack; 02-19-2020 at 07:59 AM.

I know the OP wrote the PTZ1 is on latest firmware, but it might be worth double-checking this. I asked QA for comment, and here the reply indicates that a support case where a customer was having this issue and was fixed by installing VHR120 (337210). As you didn’t list the firmware version you are on, it would be good to double check and, if necessary, re-install. Although it isn't normally required, if that fails to resolve the issue I might be tempted to try doing a full reset to factory defaults after the update. Finally, if still no joy, another support case ... but I hope you succeed!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Its definitely on the latest firmware, but its worth trying to reinstall it. I started a support case, and its in process now. Thanks for the reply!

I'd check the 3D Noise reduction settings in the web UI, they might be set to high.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

In the 3 reference images I posted, the NR settings are all set on Auto. I have also tried turning it off, but with no difference to the ghosting problem.