Thread: double punch functionality

double punch functionality

On the Grass Valley switchers, you can double punch a button to trigger a second state. Sometimes a dpop will open a menu, sometimes a dpop will trigger something. Giving the user control over what does what on a dpop would make the CS act almost like an x-keys panel.

"would make the CS act almost like an x-keys panel"

X-Keys doesn't do DPOP so not sure what that means. And you CAN assign macros to any key on the CS.

You can assign automated macros to any source, to activate under certain conditions. Like a certain source going to PROGRAM will trigger a macro such as a title flying in, and when that source goes off Program, another macro might remove the title.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    "would make the CS act almost like an x-keys panel"

X-Keys doesn't do DPOP so not sure what that means. And you CAN assign macros to any key on the CS.

You can assign automated macros to any source, to activate under certain conditions. Like a certain source going to PROGRAM will trigger a macro such as a title flying in, and when that source goes off Program, another macro might remove the title.
    - I am not talking about macros and you are not understanding what dpop brings to the table.
    - I know how to create and assign macros. I switch at least half of my show off of macro punches
    Examples:
    - Dpop key-1 select to automatically open the gpx/keyer page for that crosspoint
    - Dpop pvw 2 to open the source control tab for crosspoint 2
    - Dpop trans and open the transition select tab

Furthermore, assigning macros to a key on the CS is great and all, but you lose the normal functionality of the button unless you assign it to a shift or alt state - taking two button presses to execute, or using a keypad.

Instead, assign the macro to a button on a dpop and you've made the job of switching a LOT faster. Example: single press pvw 1 - preview camera one. Dpop pvw 1, preview the cam and stage whatever macro you want. Or assign whatever function you want to the dpop of crosspoint 1. The end result is a faster punch. (Edit: this is where dpop functionality would take the place of an external keypad, like an x-keys...)
    Last edited by dhodlick; 02-18-2020 at 07:18 AM.