Thread: Alternative to Dstorms 32bit pathcut/path divider/path editor ?

Alternative to Dstorms 32bit pathcut/path divider/path editor ?

Would like to have it in Lightwave 2019, but itīs only for 32 bit...and Lightwave 2019 as we know ..is only 64 bit..and thus it doesnīt work in there, donīt be fooled by the 32/64 bit icon for the plugin, it will not work in 64 bit.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/F...thDivider.html

would be good to have an x32 lw 2020 modeler

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    would be good to have an x32 lw 2020 modeler
    Yes, I was a bit let down when it only was 64 bit, but I have to accept it and the lightwave team will of course just make a better curve tool in the next release to compensate for that lack of support.
    But neither is going to happen, that I am pretty sure of.

This will not help directly, but over the last few days Robby has posted three parts of a tutorial series, LScript - How to make Plugins for Lightwave 3D, which may help all of us in the future:-

LScript - How to make Plugins for Lightwave 3D
    Part 1 - Introduction
    Part 2 - User Interface
    Part 3 - Loops
    With more to come apparently.... Can't let Blender have all the fun...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yes, I was a bit let down when it only was 64 bit, but I have to accept it and the lightwave team will of course just make a better curve tool in the next release to compensate for that lack of support.
    But neither is going to happen, that I am pretty sure of.
    yep, stick with x32 or use blender

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    yep, stick with x32 or use blender
    Well...for modeler I tend to use only that, thereīs not much in modeler 2019 that I use, so itīs mostly if I got to work wonders in modeling, fire up lw 2015 32 bit, then get that in to lw2019 Layout if needed.
    I love blenders curves to some degree, but there is also something about direct editing of the curves and drawing them that I prefer in Lightwave over Blender, though in general lightwave curves being non destructive etc is far more powerful flexible in the end.

If you are about to create hairguides...I wouldnīt want to use blender for that, which by the way can not use splines/polylines for hair generation directly, not without hairnet which is a bit to setup before it can be converted to particle hair, while lightwaves work directly either as spline curves or polychains.

TrueArt Support
    Your video looks like EasySpline's Spline Density tool..
    It is available for 64 bit Windows and Macintosh since.. 2009?
    http://easyspline.trueart.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Your video looks like EasySpline's Spline Density tool..
    It is available for 64 bit Windows and Macintosh since.. 2009?
    http://easyspline.trueart.eu

Thanks for the heads up on that, yes..very similar, though I would need to check up on some of your tools later and see what I need.
    Mind you, I could just use the 32 bit version of lightwave modeler and Dstorms pathcut/pathdivider/patheditor, the apps are split anyway, so it wouldnīt be for this feature Alone that I would look in to that, there are probably other tools in your arsenal that would interest me more later, that said...I am very reluctant to get anything commercially available in the form of plugins or tutorials until the Next Lightwave shows what it may be capable of, so I would guess a release around end of march, I bought my latest copy of Lightwave around that time..and they hinted they were sort of preparing for the next major release.

What I would want from you..that is a hair strand creation tool inside of layout, which means, adding hair strands, cutting them, combing and if possible..draw a specified amount of strands out from a mesh in a single stroke, check my Houdini hair thread here on the forums, but I guess the mesh engine in the upcoming lightwave will still not be ready for such things.

There are also some interesting spline tools for blender, urging anyone to see this as referencing and not promoting foremost, if you can see differences in how it works and what it lacks compared to easy spline...

by the way..
    Are all these vids on your page also on youtube?

http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Dire...Ins/EasySpline