Thread: Which handheld cameras are supported in Lighwave Virtual Studio?

Which handheld cameras are supported in Lighwave Virtual Studio?

In a few months I might plan to get my hands on a handheld camera. But the latest developments have been discouraging because of all the arguments. What concerns me right now is what types can be hooked up to Lightwave's Virtual Studio. I assume I can at least connect a camcorder via USB. Playstation Motion Controllers are proven to work and are the most affordable for just camera movement. But what about DSLRs?
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

From what I gather, in order for any device to work with virtual studio, it must have generic drivers that run directly on the operating system. I've had mixed results, but usually if the device does not require installation of drivers or additional software, it means it uses generic drivers and therefor reports hardware values to virtual studio.

I would not expect your average gyroscopic device to report values to virtual studio.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roye View Post
    From what I gather, in order for any device to work with virtual studio, it must have generic drivers that run directly on the operating system. I've had mixed results, but usually if the device does not require installation of drivers or additional software, it means it uses generic drivers and therefor reports hardware values to virtual studio.

I would not expect your average gyroscopic device to report values to virtual studio.
    Well today's camcorders and the Playstation Motion Controllers should be able to report values. There's an online demonstration of the Playstation controllers being used to guide the camera. But I don't know if actual cameras like camcorders can be interactive in it's focusing and zoom capabilities. DSLRs would be excluded if it requires built-in stabilizers like gyroscopes.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM