Thread: NDI Connect Update Compatibility with TC1 build 2020-01-16?

NDI Connect Update Compatibility with TC1 build 2020-01-16?

I recently updated my TC1 systems to the latest software (2020-01-16) and found today that it no longer works properly with the NewTek Connect application (19-07-03), going NDI to SDI. The output seems to be about 1 or more frames per second, instead of the 29.97 I am expecting (I'm in 1080i). Other sources (PTZ, Scan Converter, NewTek Connect on other system) are all still functional, just the newly updated TC1 systems are acting funny in Connect.

Is there a new version of NewTek Connect planned or available that works with the latest NDI package?

Thanks!

I've looked for any recent bugs that might relate to your problem, and not found anything. Sometimes a problem of this sort turns out to be fixed by a re-installation or graphics card driver update. If those fail, I'd talk to Support, or open a bug case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

The computer graphics card and the SDI card (Blackmagic Decklink) both had updates available but those didn't help. I've re-installed Connect (190703) multiple times, updated to the NDI Tool 4 package (in case having that updated would help Connect). I've rebooted multiple times, but no software changes seem to make any difference.

The only way I've found to improve it from the 1+ frames per second is to open Studio Monitor on some other computer and point it at the Connect NDI stream. That improves the frame rate to about 10 frames per second. Closing Studio Monitor drops the frame rate on the SDI out from Connect back to a frame every second or less (sometimes more, sometimes less).

I'll open a ticket with support.

Something you might try is open NDI Access Manager and under the 'Advanced' tab set the receive mode to Prefer UDP. You will need NDI Tools 4 installed for this option to appear.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I told Access Manager on the Connect computer to prefer UDP and that fixed the issue. Thanks!