Thread: Studio Monitor Crashing on All Platforms

Studio Monitor Crashing on All Platforms

I downloaded the current version of NDI Tools to my Mac and two Windows PCs. Studio Monitor is crashing on all of them - is this a bug in the currently available version? Strange that two separate Windows PCs and a Mac will exhibit the same behavior.

UPDATE: Also it appears virtual input is crashing too. The Windows PCs are both running with Nvidia GPUs if that makes any difference.

Here is the error I'm seeing on the Mac:

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type Processing::NDI::Plugins::Lib::URL:arser::build_error: Port defined, but host is empty
    Last edited by lonseidman; 02-13-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonseidman View Post
    I downloaded the current version of NDI Tools to my Mac and two Windows PCs. Studio Monitor is crashing on all of them - is this a bug in the currently available version? Strange that two separate Windows PCs and a Mac will exhibit the same behavior.

UPDATE: Also it appears virtual input is crashing too. The Windows PCs are both running with Nvidia GPUs if that makes any difference.

Here is the error I'm seeing on the Mac:

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type Processing::NDI::Plugins::Lib::URL:arser::build_error: Port defined, but host is empty
    I believe that crash has been seen elsewhere - its probably picking up an external (possibly non-NDI) camera and trying to figure out what it is.

if its the same problem - NewTek fixed it in a very recent NDI build.

You can try the Sienna NDI Monitor for macOS - which has been updated since that Fix I believe:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/whu1b4zojv...nitor.zip?dl=1
    Link Valid until Monday 17th Feb.

You might also like to try isolating the NDI Monitor from any IP based cameras or converters on your network (or turn them off) to confirm this is the issue. If you find the device which is the issue, please post your results.
    Last edited by livepad; 02-14-2020 at 05:00 PM.