Thread: TCXD-300: Alt-Tab Window Switching

TCXD-300: Alt-Tab Window Switching

Hi all!

I'd like to preface this by saying that I understand that enabling this isn't officially supported. But, then again, the TCXD300 is well beyond its years, now.

We're using GhostTunnel to enable RTMPS streaming on our TCXD300. It's really lightweight, and doesn't impact the performance of the system, which is nice.

It runs through a CMD prompt, and we've written a batch command to start it with our system.

The problem is that sometimes, we'd like to take a look at what it's logging during a show. We can do this by going to add a graphic, hitting browse, finding an explorer shortcut we've placed on the desktop, and double clicking that. From there, we can see our active command prompt window. Clicking back to the Tricaster interface then locks it back as a fullscreen app, and to get back to the CMD window, we have to go through that whole process again.

I'm wondering if there's a way to re-enable alt-tab on the XD300. I do recall seeing something about an admin interface, or enabling windowed mode in the configuration files, but I can't seem to find where that's located at the moment. There's an old post (2009) about holding shift while launching the app --- that doesn't appear to work.

Is there any chance someone here knows how to enable this?

Hey all! I've found a couple ways to do this on an XD-300 system.

1. Hold left-alt, tap right-alt, press tab. This will open an alternative app launcher.
    2. Hold CTRL, Left-Shift, N. This will put the Tricaster into windowed/debug mode.