Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Entering the world of digital music again. with open source, vst synths, soundfonts

in one of the Youtube vids
    the author actually shows off a new feature were you can play with one finger, to make a melody on a small keyboard
    neat, still would like a 88k tho'
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

was too good of a video to not share,...

so here it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    was too good of a video to not share,...

so here it goes...
    Thanks, Ray is a legend!

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    So if you would recommend another midi sequencer..I would be grateful to hear about it.
    Sorry, late reply, just noticed this thread now.

Cakewalk is free but I don't really like it (or any other free sequencer software).

I use Cubase Artist 10.5 and the full Native Instruments Komplete 12 which is great (+ some other VST instruments and commercial sample libraries). I used to be a guitarist in a band many years ago. Now with Guitar Rig Pro and a guitar to Midi interface it opens so many new ways of creating sound.

In addition I use a Roland GAIA synthesizer and a Korg keyboard.

For recording I use a Zoom R24 device which works great as Midi and audio and control interface. It allows recording 24 channels with various input options (like phantom power, guitar amplifications, mics, etc), works as drum machine, sampler, multifunction tuner and allows to operate Cubase with physical faders and buttons. As monitor speakers I use a pair of Tannoy 802.

Good Midi keyboards for making sound on the computer are the Native Komplete Kontrol models like the S61 MK2, I will eventually purchase one soon (it's much more comfortable to control the Komplete software) but a new guitar is higher on the wish list right now.
    Last edited by Marander; 04-10-2020 at 03:56 AM.

One software that was maybe not mentioned is Omnisphere, a real beast of sound creation software that has includes over 14000 sounds! I will get it sooner or later for sure, maybe instead of the LW upgrade if that takes much longer.

just by chance came across this one >

seems alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    One software that was maybe not mentioned is Omnisphere, a real beast of sound creation software that has includes over 14000 sounds! I will get it sooner or later for sure, maybe instead of the LW upgrade if that takes much longer.
    Considering the latest update doesnīt do it for me, I can now safely spend it on..or at least justify to buy a new digital midi keyboard, and probably some blender addons, got a new fridge to spend on before summer so those 685 will partly be needed to cover that.
    Will look in to omnisphere as well.

Thanks for your feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    just by chance came across this one >

seems alright.

Yes..I noticed a video of someone praising it..will look in to it too, but this tool canīt be too costly when you are just fiddling initially.

there is also

Hollywood strings - $150
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Wqunl61_QyM

seems alright

guess we also should check >

Timestamps for all the examples:
    01:02 - Normal Sketch (Nucleus for Orchestra, Oceania for Choir & other libraries for the trailer stuff)
    02:30 - VSCO2 CE (Free)
    04:30 - Palette Primary Colors + Angry Brass (Free)
    06:29 - EastWest Hollywood Orchestra ($30 monthly subscription / there's a typo in the video)
    08:47 - Audio Imperia Nucleus ($449, currently on sale for $379)
    11:14 - Audio Imperia Jaeger ($599, currently on sale for $399)
    12:33 - Metropolis Ark 1 (€549 + VAT)
    Last edited by erikals; 04-23-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks for the comparative video, it's worth its weight in gold! I'll go check if there are other comparatives between these programs with other instruments, so that I can choose which one's appropriate for my project.

Happy 2 Help.  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345