Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Entering the world of digital music again. with open source, vst synths, soundfonts

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Thankīs lardbros.
    And indeed, takes up space, at least disk space, these are the Free modules I managed to download and install so far, and more to download as well.

From Spitfire Audio free samples..

LABS Choir 223.5 MB
    LABS Frozen Strings 328.7 MB
    LABS Modular Piano 473.2 MB
    LABS Soft Piano 511 MB
    LABS Strings 777.2 MB

These are installed on the hardDisk C..which is SSD.
    Those sound fairly small compared to the ones I was looking at. Maybe the ones I saw were truly movie level sounds?
    But they ship them to you on 512GB hard drives.

This thread is interesting, thanks for starting it... lots of cool free stuff now!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Those sound fairly small compared to the ones I was looking at. Maybe the ones I saw were truly movie level sounds?
    But they ship them to you on 512GB hard drives.

This thread is interesting, thanks for starting it... lots of cool free stuff now!
    Dont think they are available in any other sizes, itīs the free ones, and as far as I know..there is only one size to download.
    Did you check commercial ones perhaps.

As for checking the sizes and samples, I did check that within the actual audio software where you handle and optimize the downloads, and which sample I used.. already have described.

Yes, had there been so much free and also better tech then in the mid 90īs or end of 90īs...I would have started earlier, or at least not put it to rest, so much more you can do today to reach a much higher quality as well.

Oh yes, they were definitely commercial samples... These ones I think. https://www.vsl.co.at/en

I'm definitely checking some of this out though, I miss playing an instrument. Would like to see what you come up with too Prometheus!

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Oh yes, they were definitely commercial samples... These ones I think. https://www.vsl.co.at/en

I'm definitely checking some of this out though, I miss playing an instrument. Would like to see what you come up with too Prometheus!
    Itīs probably gonna take a long time before I feel I would be comfortable of publishing anything, weīll see.
    Foremost need it to enhance my own little animation renders, and with that in mind..I need to produce that as well.

There is always Erik Matayas free sounds and loops, but not my kind of style I wish to use, I want my own colors so to speak ..itīs not good enough to find something that may match, I need it to resonate in sync with the animation images directly..thus investing a bit
    in time and such for my own soundtracks.

No idea if these are any good, but thought I'd post here anyway:

https://philharmonia.co.uk/resources/sound-samples/

Desk Work:
    Desk Home:

well, let us know how it goes....  

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    well, let us know how it goes....  

Had to let the music creation rest for a while, and went back in to 3D mode, and I also got pre-spring cleaning with a lot of old stuff in my storage to get rid of, canīt believe I had computermagazines from 1994 or so, always featuring the Amiga.
    Also a lot of music and synth magasines with coverage of Eno, Gabriel, vangelis..at least those articles I may keep, or scan and make it digital then throw the magazines.
    A lot of magazines with making music on the amiga, and all that fantastic digipaint stuff.

Completely no need to save that..so most of it has been thrown in the garbage now, a lot of magazines, canīt understand I kept them that long though.
    Will be back trying all the music and sound stuff out late spring..have some other things then to adress when checking out midikeyboards as well.

Cool MiniNova Quantum Synthesizer...THUNDER!

Nasa Music Creation Space Station
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition with NDI Camera, LightWave 11.5 + SpeedEDIT 4.2
    Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com
    Available in The NewTek Store: https://store.newtek.com/index.php/content/soundtrack-bundle.htm

...Also a lot of music and synth magazines with coverage of Eno, Gabriel, vangelis..at least those articles I may keep, or scan and make it digital then throw the magazines.
    A lot of magazines with making music on the amiga, and all that fantastic digipaint stuff.
    did the same a few years ago, tore out the pages i wanted, and kept them in a folder.  

i should scan them i guess, never got around to it. so kept around 1/40 of the stuff.

---------------

Shawn, how 'bout a new 88key midi keyboard.  
    Last edited by erikals; 03-09-2020 at 03:55 PM.

did the same a few years ago, tore out the pages i wanted, and kept them in a folder.  

i should scan them i guess, never got around to it. so kept around 1/40 of the stuff.

---------------

Shawn, how 'bout a new 88key midi keyboard.  
    Same here, will either put them in a folder or take the bull by the horn and scan them at once, get rid of as much physical paper as possible, easier to keep the house clean.

As for Shawns little keyboard, well...could work for that one key hit from vangelis and chariots of fire..which I refered to when Rowan Atkinson performed at the London Olympics

Seriously, I would never by a synth with that kind of small sets of keys.

Perhaps you've seen this before. The genesis pro vst is to be released very soon for the price of only 1 euro. If you pre-register (i did) you can see the "first look" video with overview of the features. For the price it looks quite good.
    Link to a software audio synthesizer, VST format : https://genesispro.oz-soft.com/
    Last edited by art; 03-10-2020 at 09:26 AM. Reason: comment

I sighted up because I thought this has something to do with LW's Virtual Studio Tools (VST). It has the VST in the name but it's nothing of the sort.. It's some kind of software audio synthesizer. Great if you're into that, but nothing to do with Lightwave.

(I clicked on the recent posts thingie on the forum home page and thought the last message in the thread was the 1st.)
    Last edited by Carm3D; 03-10-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

yeah, sorry, I'll update my post (I assumed it was somewhat clear based on the thread's topic)

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    Perhaps you've seen this before. The genesis pro vst is to be released very soon for the price of only 1 euro. If you pre-register (i did) you can see the "first look" video with overview of the features. For the price it looks quite good.
    Link to a software audio synthesizer, VST format : https://genesispro.oz-soft.com/
    cool.  
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...enesis+pro+vst

Great, sounding good, can probably afford that as well
    Will have to look in to it a bit more though, but definitely sound great and seems great to work with the settings.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast