Thread: Help me figure out what this LW classic animated film is!

Question Help me figure out what this LW classic animated film is!

Hey, for some reason I was recalling old classic lightwave animations and I remember one that had a great aesthetic but I can't recall who did it or what the title was or anything. I'd love to see it again.

It was released in the early 2000s I think?? and was kind of a depressing futuristic dystopia and there were flying cars and I think like these grey depressed looking slouchy cartoon men walking around. I think this was a LW first for rigging or UV or something. I can't recall anything about this or who the creator was - did it have to do with the Messiah app? I don't know.

If anyone here can remember the title and provide a youtube link that would be awesome.. I'm sure someone here remembers it better than I do.

thanks!

maybe...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    maybe...

If that isn't it and there is another LW animated film about about a depressing futuristic dystopia with flying cars and grey depressed looking slouchy cartoon men walking around, i'll eat my hat.

Could be this one too. more flying cars, less grey little men... Also made by Meni Tsirbas --> Might be where the confusion lies.

Partly fitting the description is the short sci-fi Ruin by Wes Ball, which had flying vehicles and used RebelHill's Rhiggit for animation, and the main guy was tall and thin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc

Yes these are all lightwave fyi

hm, where did OP go....  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Hi:
    I wanted to share something. I loved watching these animations very much, both the freak and ray tracey. i admire Meni's work really well.
    I read much about Meni before, reading 'newtekPro' magazine, but I never seen his animations before. I read about the freak in Newtekpro
    but I couldn't seen the short movie back then. I did love meni's animations very much.
    -Mobilis In Mobile-