Thread: NDI - Native recording

NDI - Native recording

Hi,

could anyone point me in the right direction where I could read up more on TriCaster's new NDI native recording?

Some of the tech data aswell as what the additional "metadata" files that get recorded for each .mov clip, particularly on the TriCaster, are used for.

Thanks in advance.

I'd appreciate to learn a bit more on this as well.

Jerome

As I understand, the .ndi file is all of the extra information that NDI is able to transmit that won't fit into the MOV file. As to what exactly, I'm guessing things like custom metadata and tally information.

Currently products like TriCaster and the Adobe file reader plug-in use this file, so you should keep it around for that. Other tools that only understand the MOV file don't use it, but the recommendation is to keep both files regardless.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane,

Much appreciated.

We have had some editors working with Adobe Premiere 2019 (so not the latest version of Adobe Premiere 2020) running into issues where they are unable to edit the footage efficiently.
    Audio doesn't play on the timeline, exporting through Encoder crashes the program etc. (they have installed NDI Tools with the Adobe plugin)

Is the native NDI recording with the Adobe CC plugin only forward compatible from a certain version of Adobe premiere perhaps?

It would be great if you could point me in the right direction to research this - "if editor aint happy aint nobody happy" :-)

All the best
    Nino

The plug-in works in Premiere 2019 and 2020. I'm not sure about the audio issues, not had any problems there myself. Make sure you keep the .mov and .ndi files together that are recorded, if you rename one, you have to rename the other to match.

For Encoder, you have to use it from inside Premiere (not opening it separately). Also in Encoder preferences, uncheck the option 'Import sequences natively'
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane!

Will play around with that!