Thread: Plugin request.

Plugin request.

Is it possible to make a counter node?

Basically I want a node that has an integer input and spits out another integer.

I would like to plug in an itemID into the node. this integer should be stored as a unique variable with a value of 0 and and every time the node is evaluated I would like to increase the value by 1. So if I have a counter node with the same itemID plugged in in 40 different nodal motion setups. The counter should be evaluated 40 times and then have a value of 39 when It is finished evaluating. The counter should refresh after ever frame. Or anytime the user manipulates something that affects the item.

Is this possible? Do nodes work like that?

The reason I ask is that I do a lot of stuff with nodal motion. It is great but gets clunky when applied to multiple items where I only want to change 1 variable (usually a counter) for each item I have to do it manually I would really like to automate it so that I only need to copy and paste the modifier into the other objects.

You could a null's position to store your integer. Then you could reference it with the item info node.

TrueArt Support
    Honestly you don't understand how nodes are working..

If you need to have different value for each item you should use Extended Item Info from my node library. It is reading what item name has in brackets and giving it in the Node Editor.

Infinite incrementing would result in inability to control it any way..
    (to get such effect simply use randomization nodes)

In this video I showed how to use Extended Item Info node the way you need it
    Last edited by Sensei; 02-10-2020 at 09:22 PM.

The extended item info seems like a viable solution. All the index output does is read the number in parentheses, right? Is it possible for a node to output information about an items position in the scene heirarchy? Things such as parent ID, number of siblings and sibling index?

TrueArt Support
    You can see on the video node's panel. It has Parent Item, Childs and Total Childs outputs..

I think you’ve got yourself a new customer!