Thread: TC! record files playback problem - SHQ2 or XDCAM

TC! record files playback problem - SHQ2 or XDCAM

I just updated to 7-1-200116 on my TC1. I'm now having problems playing back my video/audio files I record on the TC1. I'm getting an error regarding SHQ2 codec.
    My project is 1080i 59.94
    1) I thought TC! started using XDCAM I while back?
    2) I do see the SHQ2 codec files in my Library/Quicktime folder

Thanks for any help.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

TC1, TC1SP Control Panel, Panasonic AW-HN130 Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by DIOBR View Post
    I just updated to 7-1-200116 on my TC1. I'm now having problems playing back my video/audio files I record on the TC1. I'm getting an error regarding SHQ2 codec.
    My project is 1080i 59.94
    1) I thought TC! started using XDCAM I while back?
    2) I do see the SHQ2 codec files in my Library/Quicktime folder

Thanks for any help.
    What application are you trying to playback recorded media in?

The Rev 7-1 software changed to native NDI recording, it is no longer XDCAM.

The SpeedHQ codec might be in the QuickTime folder, but almost no current software uses the QuickTime libraries. This is why it is important to know what application you are trying to use.

NewTek NDI Recording Formats.pdf
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I mainly use Adobe Premier V13.12, AE and Media Encoder. Currently on Adobe Creative Cloud 2019.
    Thanks for the help
    Thanks,
    Jeff

So I need to upgrade Premiere to V14 according to your pdf?
    I didn't see this change to SpeedHQ in the release notes in Rev 7-1. I appreciate you responding with this information.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

The Adobe NDI reader plug-in work in Premiere v13 and v14. I tested with the most recent versions of software available at the time.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok, that information helps. I needed to install the NewTeks NDI Tools for CC. This wasn't required on the last Rev for TC1. Now things are working in Premiere. Not as lucky with Adobe Media Encoder. But I'll take one out of two.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

There is an option and preferences for encoder. Unchecked import sequences natively in the general section. Try that

If you call Media Encoder from inside Premiere it will also work.

Also, here is another option.
    http://dl.strm.one/ffmpeg-gui/
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Premier was not accepting the video file until I installed the latest version of NDI Tools. Although I am not getting the audio from the SHQ2 file. I see the video but have no audio in Premier 14.
    Any thoughts on this? Also, is there a way to not use the SHQ2 file compression or to convert it?

I also noticed that VLC plays this file perfectly. Does this mean that it is not a SHQ2 file? If not SHQ2 what kind of file is it.
    I need to be able to put my Tricaster (AE3, 460) recordings into Premier and edit them seamlessly.
    Thanks for the help

Russell Hill
    UW-Platteville
    Last edited by Russmann; 02-14-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Rev 7-1 software records in SpeedHQ (SHQ2 typically) all the time. This is the codec of the native NDI recording. You can use the the TriCaster Export tool to create other formats if needed. There is audio recorded in the MOV/SHQ2 file.

The NDI Tools installer has the Adobe plug-in for Premiere and After Effects to open these files.

Some other applications (VLC, HandBrake, FFMPEG) can decode SpeedHQ, so they will also open these files.

NDI Tools does include DirectShow and QuickTime codecs, but these are probably supported in few applications these days.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.