Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lightwave slogans for the next generation of Releases.

Oh I had True Fillet a long time ago...forgot I even had that one (ill have to look in my drive...hehe). I'll have to check AW Divide.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    constantly run back to JetFillet over here, but NT really needs to and that function.

Thats a good looking one too. and yes..there are alot of tools LW3DG needs to get into Modeler..and Layout.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    Oh I had True Fillet a long time ago...forgot I even had that one (ill have to look in my drive...hehe). I'll have to check AW Divide.
    Canīt say for sure, he had one version made to work in edge mode properly also, but not sure if that is the one he finally published..will have to confirm it by testing.
    Works with line pen tool, if you for instance drag out some straight branches spawning from a root point, the select the edge segments and use aw divide, then you can run smooth on it to make the brances be curved instead of straight...you canīt run the dstorm path divider on such line segmentst, You have to use aw divide.

made a fast testrun, worked alright

here >
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/p...ry/divide-edge

video on that page is a bit dated, might be updated.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

LW3DG should hit up the folks that made these older plugins and see about acquiring them to include with LW...lol
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

here >

You did a mistake on that vid in the end, you can not select a polyface and run the divide edge on that..it would have to recognize the polyface as well and thus it crashes.
    Had you selected the edges surrounding that polyface in edgemode and run the command, that works..at least for my version.

If you use spline draw to draw a curve, you can not choose it as a curve in poly mode, you have to select itīs edges which means select all of them since they are split in to segments with edge mode, then run aw divide, this means however that the curve dividied will be made straight and break any smooth curving, so for dividing an actual curve, the dstorm pathdivider is the tool of choice.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/FreePlugins/Modeler/PathEditor_PathDivider.html

If you draw straight lines with the line pen, you need to choose it in edge mode and run the command as well, not polygon mode, any straight line that has a re-direction to form a slight angular path etch, once divided..you can run a smoothing command (preferably the realtime smooth, which is native now) to smooth the straight line in to curved lines.

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    LW3DG should hit up the folks that made these older plugins and see about acquiring them to include with LW...lol
    I mentioned it before, they implemented a new spline bridge, but itīs not as good as AW bezier bridge..which means the new Feature is rendered useless for me natively in Lightwave, and you know what...those guys praising blender (not without cause they do that though) and kind of hissing at lightwave as there is nothing blender canīt do modeling wise which lightwave can do (just making silly of lightwaver remarks) and pointing to give me one example in lightwave that we cant do in blender faster etc.

Well the bezier spline bridge is something you canīt do in blender it seems, which is kind of funny since itīs been in Lightwave and artspheres plugin since 2007 I think.
    Got all kinds of suggestions..but not working as this tool, blenders curves rocks in other ways, but itīs not a polygon bridging tool with a spline curve to handle, it has some nice profil options, but can not create a curve to add and remove handles as we can with AW bezier spline.
    https://blenderartists.org/t/bezier-spline-bridge-tool-in-blender-is-there-anyone-like-this/1203093

Truarts fillet plugin ..if they are not able to start coding the foundation of modling better, perhaps purchasing it from him for a one time fee, itīs free anyway..but then again Sensei may have something to say about that and not wanting that either.

1. Better bevels, rounding.
    2. native rounding of edges, points, edges in flat mode.
    3. real time drills.
    4. better bend tool.
    5. skelegon, polyline skinning tool.
    6. Svg import support... (oh, yaah, oliver has one..forgot about that one, doing a decent job, but mostly on pdf, and the vectors will not allow for maintaining bezier handle control)

And tons of more to be reserved for a layout version.

here >

For the record, no... itīs not working as it should, I just tried the version he has on his site, while it works to divide edges, at least not when post smoothing them..you can not smooth the curves with smooth, it will yield a close of the curves.

Now ...I think that was the issue I had which Art corrected with a special version, but I donīt think he updated that one to the page.
    Went back to my older lw 2015 version but I think what I installed on that was also the one he has on the page.

The "correct Aw divide version" I must have somewhere, but I also think he posted that on the forums somewhere, so I need to track that down when I got the time, but except for the "post" smoothing of the curve not working..it divides alright if used on edges only...even in lw 2019.1.1

Hereīs a demonstration of why the plugins on the artsphere page isnīt working, he made a special version for me to test..and that works after dividing to smooth the curves with smoothing, so none of the versions you have ..IF downloaded from his site, will NOT work to smooth the curves as I can do as seen in the top images, you guys will have it the way in the bottom image, with curves closed when trying to smooth them.

Used line pen initially and drew it from point to point when making branches.

Notable is that realtime smoothing is now natively implemented in LW 2019.

I could post the plugin here, but I will not do that unless given permission from art, besides..he may need to update his site..given he has the time and passion to do so, rather than having it on some post on the forums.
    The working version I got was 32 bit, I tracked it down and had a couple of them, the ones on his site is named AwDivideEdge.p for the 32 bit and is 61kb in filesize, while the one I got that works with smoothing is named AwDivideEdge32.p and is 81kb in filesize

Preferably we would like to have a 64 version of that as well, since we canīt use it with LW 2019 if not, hoping he has the time and lust to do it though.

I need to learn to start or place these spin off topics in their own threads though.
    Will post him tomorrow though,the sun is coming up so you guys probably know what that means.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aw divide special version.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	146888

You did a mistake on that vid in the end, you can not select a polyface and run the divide edge on that..it would have to recognize the polyface as well and thus it crashes.
    it shouldn't do that, simply put. it should either cancel or run the operation.
    nope, no mistake, a design flaw. thus people testing Betas.

ah, see you found that trick as well.   

it shouldn't do that, simply put. it should either cancel or run the operation.
    nope, no mistake, a design flaw. thus people testing Betas.
    I agree with you on that it shouldnīt crash, it should cancel or yield an error message.
    But..no mistake and design flaw? the edge divider wasnīt made to work on selected polyfaces, so even though I think it would be great if it could be that universal, I find it more logical to select edges and use divide edge as it probably was intended to...but I think we have different views on that, you did select polyface, not edges, nor poly edges.

As for finding the trick? what trick?..you can not do this smoothing together with aw divide unless you got that right aw divide plugin(do you have it?), not the ones one his site..they wonīt work.
    or do you just mean in general smoothing out a section of straight points..created another way?

it shouldn't crash
    indeed, it shouldn't crash. it should cancel or run. no biggie tho'

or do you just mean in general smoothing out a section of straight points..created another way?
    yes.  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456