Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave slogans for the next generation of Releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Reco View Post
    Latewave
    Haha good one, better LateWave then LastWave...

Thinking about the recent LW2019.1.5 patch, how about:

'Every little helps'

Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Haha good one, better LateWave then LastWave...
    Agree! Good one too.

If anyone is earnestly interested in better promotion of LW, contributing to this public topic is probably counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    ...Any good ideas to send to Vizrt
    Vizrt does not read this forum. Possible customers do.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    If anyone is earnestly interested in better promotion of LW, contributing to this public topic is probably counter-productive.

Vizrt does not read this forum. Possible customers do.
    I said good ideas to send to vizrt, that has nothing to do with wether or not there would be anyone at vizrt reading these forums or not.

As for the topic, itīs up to the forum users to be Really creative with proper slogans, or have fun with it.

Not a single one of the parody slogans will reach vizrt anyway..(since they donīt read the forums)

...or have fun with it...
    Punch up. Not down.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I think I have the best one (what I win?)

"Better late, than never"

ps. If you like my slogan buy my 3rd party plugins..

If you want to be applauded, give a discount. :-)))))

Punch up. Not down.
    I donīt punch at all, even if someone were...there surely must have been some evolution of hard skin from Newtek when looking at some not so serious irony postings about slogans, and as mentioned..no one at vizrt reads it anyway...so you can punch sideways, up, down full front, itīs just punches in the air right

When something really serious and good shows up, I will try and remember it and post it to newtek, vizrt....anything else than a serious slogan.. canīt be taken seriously and no one will bother aiming it directly to vizrt newtek

- - - Updated - - -

Punch up. Not down.
    I donīt punch at all, even if someone were...there surely must have been some evolution of hard skin from Newtek when looking at some not so serious irony postings about slogans, and as mentioned..no one at vizrt reads it anyway...so you can punch sideways, up, down full front, itīs just punches in the air right

When something really serious and good shows up, I will try and remember it and post it to newtek, vizrt....anything else than a serious slogan.. canīt be taken seriously and no one will bother aiming it directly to vizrt newtek.

Geez..these forums are tiresome with itīs hickups and the double posting it does.

...When something really serious and good shows up...
    There is the problem. You recognize that has not happened yet. This thread is filled with punches against the marketing slogan and the software.

Your subjective criticism against "fresh, fast, easy, proven" does not align with other users who may in fact find LW 2019 to be "fresh, fast, easy, proven".

You're unintentionally advertising to the world some negative aspects of software. Outsiders (prospective customers) may not recognize which of the slogans are jokes.

As an exercise in improving marketing, this discussion thread fails.

Effective marketing highlights assets/features/benefits. It does not pick open sores and nibble on the scabs.
    Last edited by raymondtrace; 02-10-2020 at 03:13 PM.

You're unintentionally advertising to the world some negative aspects of software. Outsiders (prospective customers) may not recognize which of the slogans are jokes.
    If an outsider cannot recognize which of these slogans are jokes, they are probably not bright enough to use 3D software and we are doing them a favor.

We are also doing them a favor by not all acting like Stepford Wives. We love Lightwave, but we recognize and (gasp!) dare to mention it's faults, even if we like to meme it up with some jokey jokes. An outsider will appreciate a balanced view of what they are potentially buying in to. If NewTek/VizRT wants to improve the view of their product, they can improve their product...as well as their communication skills.
    Last edited by Carm3D; 02-10-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

how about no slogans.

[on a serious note]
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

The Fun Police do it again.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

"Episode 2020: A New Hope"

There is the problem. You recognize that has not happened yet. This thread is filled with punches against the marketing slogan and the software.

Your subjective criticism against "fresh, fast, easy, proven" does not align with other users who may in fact find LW 2019 to be "fresh, fast, easy, proven".

Effective marketing highlights assets/features/benefits. It does not pick open sores and nibble on the scabs.
    There is no problem, you either post an ironic slogan or something worth mentioning or you donīt...I do not put much effort in being a marketeer...wether or not something useful actually shows up or not..I really donīt put much effort in it if it goes all ironic, just wait an see what shows up...if nada, so be it..if there are those who really take it seriously..fine then we gather that...thereīs nothing to inflate to something it doesnīt have to be.

the criticism will be agreed on for those two points I mentiond to some degree by some users, itīs not only me...and it is foremost my opinion which I am entitled to..we can discuss to ends wether or not how much subjective it is or correctness in the slogan, or my opposite opinion towards it, that is for constructivity quite pointless.

The very small criticism I am 100% sure sure of is aligned with some users.

I am not in it for any Effective marketing on the behalf of vizrt or newtek, they need to hire me for that.

Mind you ...the main intention wasnīt for the users to come up with ironic slogans, that is their responsibilty and not something I worry about as for taking blame, the fact that I commented on that some parts of the slogans is not by my standards and opinions and is not reflecting Lightwave as it is according to that slogan.

So now is the time I should go ahead and create a thread, post your most funny sarkastic slogan for Lightwave..right? just to further enanche the intention of this thread.

"Lightwave is like a box of chocalates, you never know what youīr gonna get, until you buy it" (or try it)

I can appreciate if you also could be creative to make a slogan that is all cheerful, just like your criticism with the thread will not be in any part of any positive creative slogan creation..just as the others ironic slogans will not either.

The slogans during the years lately made for lightwave in my opinion has rarely portrayed the essence of how lightwave works..with a few exception in some of the words.

Quote Originally Posted by Carm3D View Post
    The Fun Police do it again.
    didn't say others couldn't continue the sport.

no hurt in mixing both serious stuff and fun.

The slogans during the years lately made for lightwave in my opinion has rarely portrayed the essence of how lightwave works..with a few exception in some of the words.
    yes, agree to some extent.

in earlier years i wish they focused more on films / indie films, then again quite a few archviz people used / use LightWave also.
    Last edited by erikals; 02-10-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast