Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LW slide brush tool VS blender cloth brush

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    It looks more like wax than fabric. Can Blender do drenched areas on fabric? That would make those folds look more convincing.
    There's an odd "mass" (difficult to describe) to the wrinkles. IMO, they don't really look like scattered sheets / duvet / whatever on a bed, they look more as if a waterbed mid-wave or gel-bed or something (as if the displacements are part of the bed surface itself, not the bedclothes).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

The Blender Cloth brush is a game changer!

Update: The cloth brush is now included in the Blender 2.83 alpha (main Blender branch).

It works absolutely amazing, specially the Pinch Perpendicular, Push and Inflate brushes / Deformation type.

The mesh stays clean all the time and it's pure fun using that tool, specially using a Wacom tablet since it's very accurate and pressure sensitive.

Here's the result after just a few strokes on a subdivided cube:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blender_Cloth_Sculpt.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	742.0 KB 
ID:	146977

Better!  

Combined with some manual touch-up it should look quite nice.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Update: The cloth brush is now included in the Blender 2.83 alpha (main Blender branch).

It works absolutely amazing, specially the Pinch Perpendicular, Push and Inflate brushes / Deformation type.

The mesh stays clean all the time and it's pure fun using that tool, specially using a Wacom tablet since it's very accurate and pressure sensitive.

Here's the result after just a few strokes on a subdivided cube:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blender_Cloth_Sculpt.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	742.0 KB 
ID:	146977
    To many versions of blender too use

Can you see if that 2.83 alpha main blender branch build also have the VDB volume added?

I just downloaded that seperate volume branch..and I would really like to have one build that has the tools, not several builds for all the tools..that can be a little frustrating that so much stuff needs special builds, fracture build, volume build, octan build etc.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    To many versions of blender too use

Can you see if that 2.83 alpha main blender branch build also have the VDB volume added?

I just downloaded that seperate volume branch..and I would really like to have one build that has the tools, not several builds for all the tools..that can be a little frustrating that so much stuff needs special builds, fracture build, volume build, octan build etc.
    The VDB part is not yet in the main build but I'm sure it will be implemented soon.

I tried the Octane version once but found it to be a horrible integration, worst of all render engines I've seen so far. Pro Render is much better integrated and very easy to install. And I don't like Otoy anyway.

The Fracture fork I tried once, quite ok - of course way beyond LW which I would not touch again as long as it's not rebuilt completely - but C4D and Houdini Fracture tools are still better then what I've seen in the special Blender Fracture version.

But once VDB and Fracture along with Everything Nodes are part of Blender, it will improve its usability a lot.

I don't try out separate forks again - except the E-Cycles one - but wait for these functionalities to be part of the latest Alpha.

The 2.83 Alpha is very stable for me, all the great 2.8 plugins work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    The VDB part is not yet in the main build but I'm sure it will be implemented soon.

I tried the Octane version once but found it to be a horrible integration, worst of all render engines I've seen so far. Pro Render is much better integrated and very easy to install. And I don't like Otoy anyway.

The Fracture fork I tried once, quite ok - of course way beyond LW which I would not touch again as long as it's not rebuilt completely - but C4D and Houdini Fracture tools are still better then what I've seen in the special Blender Fracture version.

But once VDB and Fracture along with Everything Nodes are part of Blender, it will improve its usability a lot.

I don't try out separate forks again - except the E-Cycles one - but wait for these functionalities to be part of the latest Alpha.

The 2.83 Alpha is very stable for me, all the great 2.8 plugins work fine.
    Thanks for that feedback.
    I may try out the vdb volume branch anyway, need to make some harddrive space available though.
    I didnīt like the Octane setup..may try it again.

Yep the fracture build branch was cool, and especially compared against LW...and for the record, they seem to have screwed up the fracture tool in layout now..bug or something, itīs not working.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yep the fracture build branch was cool, and especially compared against LW...and for the record, they seem to have screwed up the fracture tool in layout now..bug or something, itīs not working.
    Fracture with LightWave, that's from last Millennium, no fun and extremely limited. Hope they redesigned that for LW 2020.

It still looks like it will take up a lot of rendering time if it's for animation purposes. I personally don't see much use for it for fashion. You can't do a pleated skirt with that. Fashion designers generally can't sell wrinkled clothes. Ruffles cuffs might work but I need to see a full render with a lace surface. I wouldn't use that for folded napkins. It doesn't look perfect for cold-pressed fabric textures. The only costume I can imagine it being useful for are something like the ancient Greek togas. However, it seems to be a great tool for specific terrain, like fresh mudslides and dried lava flows.
    Last edited by Bernie2Strokes; 03-01-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12