Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: OSCARS 2020-Whats hot and not?

  1. #16

    yes, it is fun to see who wins the Oscars, but less fun to actually see the Oscars...

    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  2. #17
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, it is fun to see who wins the Oscars, but less fun to actually see the Oscars...

    Depends on which candidates and what movie year, and if there is either a boring host, no host, or a great host.

    I actually liked a few periods with a host, both with Billy Chrystal as the host, the era of silence of the lambs and lotr where he put himself in to some of the roles as hannibal and Gollum, but there are very few others that I liked.
    and had they only half the amount of breaks, that would be good..but since they obviously drink a lot..they got to pee as well.

  3. #18
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,458
    Well done Ben, pity you didn't have a little side bet?

  4. #19
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,458
    The Irishman- NADA OSCARS & Ģ70 Mill spent on that campaign

    The Irishman had been released piece-meal in small theatre chains.

    Here in the UK 13 days & in U.S. I understand 26 days. So they could

    get it into the Oscar nominee system. Well no cigars for them on 10

    nominations .

    The Ocsar voters don't like Box office being clipped, so a slap on the writs for

    Mr Martin Scorsese.. Shame there was some great moments in it, plus its tech.

    I should have put a bet on it not winning any, which I said at a dinner-party,

    but Miss Dern got Netflix one + one for a documentary

    ILM did great facial jobs in some parts, patchy in others bordering 'Deep Fake'

    quality. but overall better than Will Smith's Gemini Man end result.

    I can't wait for where 'Youthenize' goes next ? Maybe Bogart strolls back?
    Last edited by ianr; 02-13-2020 at 10:46 AM.

  5. #20
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    The Irishman- NADA OSCARS & Ģ70 Mill spent on that campaign

    The Irishman had been released piece-meal in small theatre chains.

    Here in the UK 13 days & in U.S. I understand 26 days. So they could

    get it into the Oscar nominee system. Well no cigars for them on 10

    nominations .

    The Ocsar voters don't like Box office being clipped, so a slap on the writs for

    Mr Martin Scorsese.. Shame there was some great moments in it, plus its tech.

    I should have put a bet on it not winning any, which I said at a dinner-party,

    but Miss Dern got Netflix one + one for a documentary

    ILM did great facial jobs in some parts, patchy in others bordering 'Deep Fake'

    quality. but overall better than Will Smith's Gemini Man end result.

    I can't wait for where 'Youthenize' goes next ? Maybe Bogart strolls back?
    Unless the strong women of today would oppose it.. and assert they want to age gracefully and naturally with their roles,
    neither Arnold, DeNiro, Pacino seem to have had anything against it, then I could see the role model heroine doing yet another Alienmovie,
    where Sigourney Weaver may play a little younger than she actually is today, guess it must be driven by her acting skills still though...I can see that coming, not sure what Happened to Neil Bloomcamps vision, if it was abondoned completly or just on hold or if there is some rights issues with Ridley Scott and his coninuation of it all.

    I wonder though, I mean, Sigourney Weaver can still play roles that isnīt all dependent on her looks, and there are a few more out there I guess...then we have Gals like Meg Ryan, Sandra bullock etc, then again...guess it needs a bit of context that makes sense, such as I think we saw Pacino and DeNiro As old guys as well..so they had a role to fit both as they are looking now and back in time.
    Meg R is not having so many roles now, guess she took a break herself, or if it was the movie industry who didnīt give her roles..no clue, back now in 2018 for some tv series role (picture paris)

    But as mentioned, I wouldnīt be surprised if Sigourney W Getīs a Digital facelift to play a bit younger ..in the purpose to fit the role at a certain time, as opposed to just take a good looking young women than grown old and just make her look pretty again.


    Lookin better than the three amigos...and I wonder if the invitation for the fight club still stands

  6. #21
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,458
    Prom , She, Sig Weaver destroyed by friends script of an Alien Film

    I mean shredded it & he is a famous writer. Not a nice lady sometimes!

    Smug & bitter in that clip I feel & i'm no lady hater. She clutches like

    grim death to her Char... Ripley.
    Last edited by ianr; 02-14-2020 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #22
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Prom , She, Sig Weaver destroyed by friends script of an Alien Film

    I mean shredded it & he is a famous writer. Not a nice lady sometimes!

    Smug & bitter in that clip I feel & i'm no lady hater. She clutches like

    grim death to her Char... Ripley.
    Donīt know the lady personally or the full story around, ...something must have upset her, and who knows how the situation unfolded truthfully.

    Get away from her you *****.

  8. #23
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,458
    I denote that I have been that told 'truthfully' over dinner in my post & the gent was William Gibson the writer.

    And I don't like your remarks & don't start with this borderline Trollage "Get away from her you *****." (crap.)

    You just sit back & chill I shall not waste any more time. FINISH!

  9. #24

    And I don't like your remarks & don't start with this borderline Trollage "Get away from her you *****." (crap.)
    only a reference, nothing more, wasn't meant personally, as far as i know Prom.

    sure, wouldn't surprise me if Weaver could be a bit of a nagger at times.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  10. #25
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    I denote that I have been that told 'truthfully' over dinner in my post & the gent was William Gibson the writer.

    And I don't like your remarks & don't start with this borderline Trollage "Get away from her you *****." (crap.)

    You just sit back & chill I shall not waste any more time. FINISH!
    Que..Say what?????

  11. #26

    he misunderstood and thought the remark Get away from her you ***** was meant as an underlying offense.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  12. #27
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

    only a reference, nothing more, wasn't meant personally, as far as i know Prom.

    sure, wouldn't surprise me if Weaver could be a bit of a nagger at times.
    Just a reference to showing her off as a ***** in a movie, absolutely correct, a bit funny since it portraied her as the opposite in the movie paul, than the heroine she was in Alien.

  13. #28
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    he misunderstood and thought the remark Get away from her you ***** was meant as an underlying offense.
    O dear, how could that ever have gone wrong??
    you have to follow that reference where the old lady says to Sigourneys mean character "get away from her you *****" which in turn is a reference to what Ellen Ripley says to the Alien queen when the queen is threatening Newt.

    Yes..some people just donīt know me., then again...I missed out on the quotation marks surrounding it.
    Could never dream that this could be perceived as an insult aimed to Ian, thought that line was so famous and considering hime knowing about sigourney and even a writer for the alien franchise, should know about that famous line in the movie.

  14. #29

    i know several women like that, nice women in general, but surely lacking breaks, so be prepared for a shout, combined with some attacks.

    -----------

    i F***** up in pretty much the same way 10 years ago. Makes me human i guess...


    Last edited by erikals; 02-15-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  15. #30
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,755
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i know several women like that, nice women in general, but surely lacking breaks, so be prepared for a shout, combined with some attacks.
    There are also days when everyone can be a *****, without it defining them as always being a *****. Including myself. you need to know the person for a while before making judgments overall.
    Itīs easy to spread rumours, like speakin of the women on that presentation... brie larson being on attack..


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •