Thread: Tricaster newbie: Preview window displays Program

Tricaster newbie: Preview window displays Program

I'm a newbie to Tricaster (but not to switching in general) and am just getting used to a new Mini HD4-SDI. Sorry for the extremely rudimentary question, but I am trying to do what I thought was a basic task of putting an item in the Preview window. I am switching back and forth between M/E 1 and M/E 2, and they are punched up on the PGM and PREV busses of the switcher. I would expect tp see M/E 2, which is selected on the PREV bus, in my PREVIEW window. That window is labeled "PREVIEW (M/E 2)", so makes sense, right?

However, both wondows show the PGM output, which is currently M/E 1. When I switch between the two, using FADE, PREVIEW changes to show the same as PROGRAM.

I assume I'm missing some basic setting, but can't figure it out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Check your transition delegation in the PGM/PVW section. Perhaps you have just a keyer delegated instead of background?

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Yes! Looks like I had DSK 1 selected. Thanks!

BTW, I know there are a ton of very good videos on a wide variety of Tricaster topics, but is there a resource out there that serves as a very basic introduction to the Tricaster interface?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbytee View Post
    Yes! Looks like I had DSK 1 selected. Thanks!

BTW, I know there are a ton of very good videos on a wide variety of Tricaster topics, but is there a resource out there that serves as a very basic introduction to the Tricaster interface?
    https://www.newtek.com/support/certi...s/tcae-videos/
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thanks, these are great, and nice to have in one place. One thing: I wish there was a dedicated set of videos for the Tricaster Mini, as these are all for Advanced edition, and many details are slightly different. Seems generally close enough to figure out the differences, but would be great to have a dedicated resource for Mini.

Thx!