Thread: Instances without randomness

Instances without randomness

Hi,
    I have 32 characters that I want to instantiate on Rectangular Array 8 x 1 x 4 (catalog table). But I want every character to be ONLY. Or better yet, to instantiate in a row as embedded in an Instance Generator. It is possible to do something like that without the randomness?
    I tried Random Seed 0. Also Node - Fixed Random do Weight.
    But some characters always appear multiple times.

TrueArt Support
    Intancing means that single object is reused and multiplied.
    If you have 32 different characters and want to have them unique,
    you should not use instancing as there is nothing to instance..

Maybe misunderstanding?

You can disable randomization by setting Mode to uniform.
    The all instances will have the same parameters.

To place objects uniformly you can use Type Points with rectangle with 8 x 4 segments.

TrueArt Support

If you would like to spray instances without overlapping them I have made tool for it. Spray BG points is part of Modeling Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajce View Post
    Hi,
    I have 32 characters that I want to instantiate on Rectangular Array 8 x 1 x 4 (catalog table). But I want every character to be ONLY. Or better yet, to instantiate in a row as embedded in an Instance Generator. It is possible to do something like that without the randomness?
    I tried Random Seed 0. Also Node - Fixed Random do Weight.
    But some characters always appear multiple times.
    Instancing doesn´t yield any randomness unless you tells it to? so I wonder how you produce randomness in the first place?
    The rectangular array instancing option should give you exactly what you set it to, no randomness.

Every character to be only? as sensei says, a character is cloned through the instancing system..if you do not want the some clone, you have to place a unique character at the desired position, and that rules out instancing...and you will probably get a heavy poly account in the scene to work with since you are increasing polygons, as opposed to instancing.

Use smaller array objects. Instead of 1, use an object with polys of 4 or 8 depending on how many of each instance you want in that row. Unless I'm not understanding. Then each object will have it's own instances and you can pick which character is in each row.