Thread: Audio Input Noise with Tricaster Mini 4k

Audio Input Noise with Tricaster Mini 4k

I bought the new Tricaster Mini 4k and realized that if I switch off the noise gate that the noise on the front input (LINE IN) jacks are pretty loud.
    It sounds like the shielding between the audio interface and the fans and hard drives isn't the best.

I am talking about a "naked" system, I opened a 4k session, I just plugged in my headphones on the front and connected the LINE IN to INPUT 8. I have to switch off the noise gate because it is pumping and for this price point you shouldn't have that much noise on an input at all. So I am wondering if this is a hardware problem? If I compare this noise with an input of a Tricaster 8000 it is much louder and really hearable on the video.

Here an example and with sec. 8 I switched off the input: https://oltv-extern.my-gateway.de:50...ring/LubEe2KGJ

But if I use the mini jack from the converter to use it as an audio input and switch off the noise gate there there is no noise at all.

Does anybody have the same problem?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Marco

Can somebody from the Newtek technician say something about that? In the facebook group I found 2 more people with that problem: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1485552128387123/. It is the build in realtek sound card. Will there be a fix for that?
    Last edited by OnlineLessons; 02-10-2020 at 04:20 AM.

Sorry, but I think you'd best direct this question to CS. (They don't really hand out in the user forums.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")