View Poll Results: Would you want Facebook or this Forum as the main forum for discussions?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Want this Forum

66 66.00%
  • I want Facebook

5 5.00%
  • I want this Forum renewed

47 47.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Would you want Facebook or this Forum as the main forum for discussions?

so, we are 3...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I think you could just create some hotmail accounts, not your real identity and try and create a facebook account with that, I have done a couple of those..in order to check some things up occasionally...and I havenīt been blocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a good idea if you donīt understand the poll ..to vote in it for something you donīt understand ..but hey..no harme done since you donīt use facebook

You donīt have to be a frequent visitor on facebook to get the sensation of this is not what I want to use.
    You have stated, many times, that you don't use Facebook. So, that is why I do not understand the poll you are making. Does that make sense to you?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    You have stated, many times, that you don't use Facebook. So, that is why I do not understand the poll you are making. Does that make sense to you?
    No that doesnīt make any sense to me, despite me having created an account that isnīt personal, I canīt call it using facebook.
    Let me say this..all is not black and white in the world, I do not use a personal account, and I never post anything, from time to time I just log in to check some other friend accounts, or some other things I need to keep track on...I havenīt been following any lightwave account at all even with that...until recently just skimming it through a bit..during this poll post to see how it looks, but I hate the the platform anyway...so apart from just logging in once every third month or so or five months..depending on whatīs happening, I just do it quickly and log out again..that is as much as I have used it, never posted anything on it...and I am not following groups either, itīs used so little that I even can say that I have no facebook...despite having created an account, but as said..itīs not really created for me..or for me to use it other than checking things someone may have posted which requires a login, but I am not engaging in social media with interaction, or posts by myself.

The poll isnīt hard to understand from my point of view anyway, either you do like it or you donīt.
    I reckon..just as you do not understand my reason for creating the poll, I donīt understand why you canīt see the reason Michael

Not sure what your history is with facebook, do you have one yourself, or have you never created one?

I can see how you may have thought it is odd if I never have had an account, and you couldnīt know that I had one..though not really using it..so that is maybe fooling you a bit, but previously you could also follow some groups etc without having an account...and that is actually enough to get an impression of..no I donīt like it.

Interesting...almost as many voters on the blender forums as well...(60) and all of them for their own forum.
    But sure, would be interesting to see how a vote in facebook would look like, should we guess they would exclude their forums and all be as equally cheerful for facebook?
    https://blenderartists.org/t/what-do...cebook/1205176

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Interesting...almost as many voters on the blender forums as well...(60) and all of them for their own forum.
    But sure, would be interesting to see how a vote in facebook would look like, should we guess they would exclude their forums and all be as equally cheerful for facebook?
    https://blenderartists.org/t/what-do...cebook/1205176
    actually I think you will find many of the voters came from facebook as someone posted a link to the poll for you, some of the responses for facebook were along the lines of freedom of speech, and much faster to get help or responses, the speed thing I would agree with, I guess that's down to FB being live on most peoples mobile devices where as a forum you maybe just glance at while on the loo or something,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

There's also the fact that a forum is owned by the company itself. On Facebook you don't own the information on your page. IOW FB can decide to remove, hide, reformat or re-use the info however is the most appropriate (meaning revenue generating) for them.
    www.bytehawk.net

1 : Imac 27’ I7 mid 2017 8Gb ram

Frequenter
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    so, we are 3...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3muskTears.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	146842

was told i looked like Chevy Chase, so...  

maybe 17 years ago, i did... wayy back...

Last edited by erikals; 02-09-2020 at 06:08 AM.

stuff like this is actually a big minus, more people will explore other apps if this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    stuff like this is actually a big minus, more people will explore other apps if this continues.

I would probably fit in to marty shortīs costume as well for likeness, sorry steve.
    Fortunately..we donīt have to login to view the postings here on the forum

Well..I am not saying facebook is all bad...though many does on the blender forum for instance, probably easier to post images and faster, but for me..and for what I perceive the forum is doing for me, I find it more pleasing to me and what it has overweighs facebooks proīs.
    But then again..as also can be seen on these polls, users are expressing some wishes to do some maintainence or a revival of it, guess itīs mostly about implement sharing of artwork a bit more directly visable and accesable, then some way of discarding irrelevant sections and do a spring cleaning during this 2020 year.

Having to login to just browse is a show-stopper for me, LW forums, LWwiki Facebook or otherwise.

mTp

I don't like or use Facebook. I don't like the way they do business and the way they think the internet revolves around them. Keep Facebook OUT!

While I don't particularly like *this* forum software, I prefer a forum over communication through social media.

If I ask a relevant and burning question I just need to solve asap, I'm much more confident I can get help here on the forum than on Facebook. In my experience, regardless of groups or communities on Facebook, there's an extremely high chance and rate for being roasted. In some cases, you can actually get legitimate help and support, but that's a rare thing.

Not to speak of; my post at 09:00 is long gone at 11:00 because of someone's post got a gazillion *likes* and the default sorting of posts on facebook use a weird algorithm to hide/put unpopular posts down at the bottom.

Forums are straight to the point, more order, easier to find stuff, the user have more control on how they would like to browse, read, attachments etc.. While things can go sour here too now and then, it's still a much better place than groups on Facebook.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

there is no sanctuary....
    At this point it doesn't really matter. No matter what the medium you have the same group of people spreading dismay and touting other products. Discord has become useless as well. It would be better if they all could pick one place to congregate, perhaps a blender forum, so lightwave users could avoid their toxicity.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.1 x64
    Space Navigator

a forum. preferably with a newer responsive or mobile friendly one - I don't mind if this gets archived and new threads start in the new one after this closes down. I just dont want to log in to facebook (and don't use it anyway)...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789