View Poll Results: Would you want Facebook or this Forum as the main forum for discussions?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Want this Forum

66 66.00%
  • I want Facebook

5 5.00%
  • I want this Forum renewed

47 47.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you want Facebook or this Forum as the main forum for discussions?

Would you want Facebook or this Forum as the main forum for discussions?

Would you want Facebook or this Forum as the main forum for discussions?

This forum. 100%

this forum, Facebook policy banned me because of some wrong naming.

not that I mind too much, hate their tracking service.

----------

but mostly because things just disappear on that site.
    if you once saw something, finding it 6 months later is a pure pain.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    this forum, Facebook policy banned me because of some wrong naming.

not that I mind too much, hate their tracking service.

----------

but mostly because things just disappear on that site.
    if you once saw something, finding it 6 months later is a pure pain.

Things like that, experienced it as well, donīt forget to vote.
    Makes me wonder though why Newtek didnīt do a survey themself initially..or did I miss it?

Did you post a poll on the Facebook page as well?
    www.bytehawk.net

1 : Imac 27’ I7 mid 2017 8Gb ram

The Facebook group more positive and inspirational. People share work and cool stuff there.this forum is very text heavy and the discussions usually veer into useless doomsaying. I think part of that is cause and effect. The forum is from a technical standpoint a terrible place to share work it feels ancient. Social media does that sort of thing much better. This forum is sort of useful as a knowledge base. But for that a wiki or something feels like it would be much better. So I vote murder the forums and find a new forum platform.

The Facebook group more positive and inspirational.
    yes, to some extent. agree, i like what the users show over there.

but things just disappear over there, like tears in rain.

Too much fake on facebook.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytehawk View Post
    Did you post a poll on the Facebook page as well?
    Donīt have facebook..donīt use it, someone else have to do that.
    Facebook may be easier to share news and images, but not ideal for discussion and searching etc, and you will have to much info throwned in your face directly.

A renewed forum ..with fixing of gallery thumbs, or perhaps use the same format as blenders forum, where images from users are displayed in the header, as well as promoted addons, this forum lacks all of that.

In fact..this forum used to have thumbs at least in the gallery, but they never bothered to restore that function here for some reason, but it can be better with images displayed in the header as in the blender forums.

crossposting this from another thread about marketing as a sample of what can be improved...

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    The Facebook group more positive and inspirational. People share work and cool stuff there.this forum is very text heavy and the discussions usually veer into useless doomsaying. I think part of that is cause and effect. The forum is from a technical standpoint a terrible place to share work it feels ancient. Social media does that sort of thing much better. This forum is sort of useful as a knowledge base. But for that a wiki or something feels like it would be much better. So I vote murder the forums and find a new forum platform.
    Blender forum style perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Blender forum style perhaps?
    quite nice.

It is better certainly. The ability to flag and like posts probably helps to keep things less awful.

Definitely the forum here. Especially for beginners, new information gets lost on facebook far too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

quite nice.
    It is..I am not as active there as in here though, but it will most certainly change the more I use blender..so I am not familiar with all options in postings etc, adding images, videos and how smooth that is..had some issue with google photo linking in there not showing up as images in the post, but in lightwave forums there is no way to link vimeo videos properly anymore..while I think that works on blender forum, not sure though.

The thing is, that forum is both a Discussion Forum And a Market place..where developers of addons can have their addons showcased from time to time..I find myself finding interesting stuff all the time and thus it will draw me in to try it out and using that software more.

And the direct media linking to some of the great work ..helps notifying of other great artists and what tools or techniques they used...as opposed to this forum where I simply have stopped looked in the gallery section, and it is also not very active in posting either, ideally they should put up a link in the header to the lightwave3D gallery postings, and also have some images for the forum gallery, that could be split in to maybe 3+3 thumbs showcase header gallery..and once clicked on for respective image, it will take to you the full Lightwave3D gallery, or the forum gallery with W.I.P

A forum dedicated to help users show their art, and developers show their addons/plugins, and for users to discuss and search topics in a focused forum, neither this forum or facebook does that.
    To note that blenders forum is way easier to get the initial overview compared to newtek forum, then again ..blender doesnīt have to deal with tricaster or other tools.
    But in general anyway it is more structured in the section apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by kievi View Post
    Definitely the forum here. Especially for beginners, new information gets lost on facebook far too quickly.
    Yes I agree. Social media things can get demoted and lost very quickly if they are not given any attention.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast