Good day,
I am in need of a system and I am in need of your thoughts as to whether NDI can assist me.

I have the opportunity to transform my school video playout into something much more dynamic than our present simple video playout system over 19 apple tvs. This is sent out over 4 banks of mini macs to two different "channels". There is only playback capability and people have to run around to the 19 apple tvs when an update of material is put out. I abhor this system and refuse to use it.

I have and want to use CasparCG for play with Vimesh's simple playout program for CasparCG. By no stretch of the imagination is Vimesh's playout simple: it gives a lively feel to the output when you have immediate and on the spot control over what's on all those tvs! In the past, this system has proven to be dynamic enough to keep students engaged in the programming and content of what goes on the tvs.
In trying to use CasparCG, I am unable to get the assists I need to get a distribution tool up and going; my experience is old so forgive me: the ms streaming media server is what I would have had them re-install on our server. Lacking that, I have tried to multicast with UDP.
Our system doesn't seem to be able to do this at the distances I'm working with. Or is configured wrong. Again, assists are something I plan to assertively seek in the next few months. UDP, without a distribution system, isn't going to work.

Before I invest in bucks for all these apple tvs for ndi tools, does anyone know if this will work without a distribution server? And if not, you got one to suggest? I'll even build a linux box for it, at this juncture, as I believe I am on my on on the Engineering side. Got bucks to buy but need to buy wisely.

Your thoughts since you've read this far?